Nantes Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Nantes Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
Long rows metal seats, no armrests so able to use camping mat and sleeping bag. Had a few hours near windows overlooking runway. - a traveller
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Nantes Atlantique Airport.
What to Expect
- An L-shaped single-terminal international airport with clean facilities and a wide variety of shops, restaurants and services.
- Free WiFi is available. See Airport WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- Long rows of armrest-free metal seats, runway views and a hassle-free sleep environment can be found on the ground floor. Have a sleeping bag or travel mat and blanket handy for added comfort!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Nantes Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
As of this update we were unable to confirm whether the airport has any first class or business lounges. If you know, please email us at email@example.com.
Unlimited free WiFi is available at Nantes Airport. Connect to the "Vinci Airports WiFi" Network, create an account, watch the promotional video and you are all set.
There are also kiosks in Hall 3 where you can access internet (1€ for 10 minutes, 6€ for 1 hour) and print documents (0.5€ per page).
If sleeping in Nantes Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Hôtel Oceania - (2 minute walk from the airport) Free airport shuttle is available from 5:40AM to 11:00PM upon request.
- Hôtel Escale Oceania - (2 minute walk from the airport) Free airport shuttle is available from 5:40AM to 11:00PM upon request.
- Hôtel B&B - (10 minute walk from the airport) No airport shuttle.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Nantes Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Yes, in Halls 2 and 3.
- Baby Care - A nursery is available Hall 3 and 2 nurseries are a boarding area, in theaters 3B and 4B and are equipped with microwaves.
- Business Facilties - There are kiosks in Hall 3 where you can print documents (0.5€ per page) and access internet (1€ for 10 minutes, 6€ for 1 hour).
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Currency Exchange - Location: Landside, Hall 3.
- Duty Free & Shopping - Duty free and several gift shops are available at Halls 2 and 3 on the ground floor and on the first floor of the terminal building.
- Food & Drinks - At the time of this update there were no 24-hour food and beverage concessions. During flight operation hours, you will find La Brioche Dorée (Landside, Hall 3) • Le Grand Comptoir (Landside, Hall 1, 1st Floor) • La Terrasse (Landside, Hall 3) • Bar 1.44 (Landside, Hall 1) • News Cafe (Airside, Hall 3, 1st Floor).
- Information Desk - Yes, available in Hall 1, main level.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - Not available
- Mail Box - Location: Landside, near the exita in Hall 2. Stamps can be purchased at the nearby Relay Store.
- Medical Services - There is a First Aid station available in Hall 3, main level.
- Photo Booth - Location: Hall 1.
- Shopping - In addition to a Duty Free store, you will find a few boutiques and Relay Bookstore.
- Showers - Not available
The airport is open 24 hours (not confirmed)
Onsite car rental agencies include Avis/Budget, Enterprise, Europcar, Hertz and Sixt. Location: on the esplanade right next to the car rental parking lot.
TAN shuttle buses offer frequent, direct service between the airport (Hall 1) and city center. Departures are available every 20 minutes from 5:30AM - 11:00PM (Mon-Sat), and every 30 minutes at all other times. Connections are available to Busway line 4, Chronobus line C2 and three tram lines.
Metered taxis are readily available outside of the airport terminal near Hall 3. Estimated one-way fare between the airport and Nantes city center is 30 - 35 €.
Last Updated: 19 April 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.