In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Palermo Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
The benches are nice,with good cushion and no armrest. But remember to bring eye-mask, ear-plug and sleeping bag to ensure a good sleep. - Atom
"My overnight stay in Palermo Airport was much more comfortable than I expected. I stayed in the main lobby on the first floor from 11 pm to 6 am, and during this time there were just a few announcements coming from the speakers. Airport staff were present almost all of my stay but they were not loud or anything, so I could easily relax. The benches were very soft and comfortable and there were plenty of them because only a couple of other guys had the same idea as me. But the best part of the stay was between 1 and 4 am where the lights are turned off - excellent!"
Have you been to Palermo Airport recently? Tell us about it!
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
- Gesap VIP Lounge - Location: Landside, 1st Floor. Hours: 530am - 9pm.
- Verga VIP Lounge (Alitalia)
Information not available
If sleeping in the Palermo Airport does not appeal to you, the nearest hotel is more than 4 miles from the airport (Magaggiari Hotel Resort).
- ATMs / Cash Machines: There are three cash machines located Airside and Landside in the airport.
- Car Rentals: Avis • Europcar • Hertz • Holiday Car Rental • Maggiore • National • Dollar • Thrifty • Locauto • Sixt • Siciliy Rent Car.
- Currency Exchange: Location: Check-in A. Hours: 7am - 9pm
- Food & Drinks - At the time of this update there were no 24-hour food and beverage concessions available at the airport.
- Information Desk - Location: Landside, 1st Floor, near the ticketing office. Hours: 6am - 12am.
- Luggage Storage / Lockers: not available
- Pharmacy - Location: Departure Hall, 1st Floor. Hours: 8am - 8pm.
- Showers: Not available.
Information not available. Note: When hours are not available, I recommend that you read a few reviews before deciding to sleep in the airport overnight. And if you know the hours, please let me know and I will update the guide.
Facebook and Twitter Tips
The SleepingInAirports community depends on travellers, like you, to share their airport experiences through airport reviews and survey responses. If you had a good or bad experience at Palermo Airport, tell us about it!
- Complete the Airport Survey - Your responses to this short (and easy!) questionnaire will help us determine the Best and Worst Airports of 2014.
- Submit your Airport Review - Register to submit your airport review or simply email your annonymous review to me and I will add it to the database.
Thank you for helping the Community!
Palermo Travel Resources
- Palermo Hotel Deals - compare rates, check availability and read reviews
Last Updated: 18 January 2014
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airport's and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you du ring your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items quoted in the guide, email me.