Palermo Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Palermo Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
The benches are nice,with good cushion and no armrest. But remember to bring eye-mask, ear-plug and sleeping bag to ensure a good sleep. - Atom
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Falcone–Borsellino Palermo Airport.
What to Expect
- A small single-terminal international airport with a limited variety of overpriced shops and food concessions. According to one reviewer, cigarettes are not sold in the duty-free shop.
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- Although no specific sleeping spot was mentioned, reviewers describe their overnight stays as quiet and comfortable. Padded, armrest-free benches are available, the airport staff is accommodating, and lights are dimmed or turned off between 1:00AM - 4:00AM. Have a sleep mask, travel blanket and earplugs or noise-cancelling headphones handy for added comfort and relaxation!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Economy class passengers can pay to enter the airport’s first class lounge. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Palermo Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
If you are an economy class traveller, you can enter these lounges at Palermo airport either by purchasing a lounge pass or through a membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details (ie. facilities, hours, pass and membership information):
- Gesap VIP Lounge - Location: Landside, 1st Floor. Hours: 5:30AM - 9:30PM (Daily). Lounge Access: Book Online (£22.00 - minimum 24 hour advance purchase is required)
WiFi is available at Palermo Airport. There is a designated free WiFi area on the second floor, across from Duty Free Shop.
If sleeping in Palermo Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Hotel Magaggiari - (15 min from the airport) No airport shuttle.
- Florio Park Hotel - (15 min from the airport) No airport shuttle.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Palermo Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - There are three cash machines, one of which dispenses foreign currencies. Location: Airside and Landside in the airport.
- Car Rentals - Avis • Europcar • Hertz • Holiday Car Rental • Maggiore • National • Dollar • Thrifty • Locauto • Sixt • Siciliy Rent Car.
- Currency Exchange - Location: Check-in A. Hours: 7:00AM - 9:00PM.
- Duty Free & Shopping - Duty Free is available as well there are a few shops available on the second level.
- Food & Drinks - At the time of this update there were no 24-hour food and beverage concessions available at the airport.
- Information Desk - Location: Landside, 1st Floor, near the ticketing office. Hours: 6:00AM - 12:00AM.
- Luggage Storage / Lockers - not available
- Pharmacy - Location: Departure Hall, 1st Floor. Hours: 8:00AM - 8:00PM.
- Showers - Not available.
As of this update, we were unable to confirm airport hours of operation. We recommend that you read a few reviews before deciding to sleep in the airport overnight. If you know the airport hours, please send an email to email@example.com and we will update this airport guide.
Information not available.
Last Updated: 24 May 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.