Palermo Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Palermo Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
The benches are nice,with good cushion and no armrest. But remember to bring eye-mask, ear-plug and sleeping bag to ensure a good sleep. - Atom
"My overnight stay in Palermo Airport was much more comfortable than I expected. I stayed in the main lobby on the first floor from 11 pm to 6 am, and during this time there were just a few announcements coming from the speakers. Airport staff were present almost all of my stay but they were not loud or anything, so I could easily relax. The benches were very soft and comfortable and there were plenty of them because only a couple of other guys had the same idea as me. But the best part of the stay was between 1 and 4 am where the lights are turned off - excellent!"
Have you been to Palermo Airport recently? Write a Review!
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
If you are an economy class traveller, you can enter these lounges at Palermo airport either by purchasing a day pass or through a membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details (ie. facilities, hours, pass and membership information):
- Gesap VIP Lounge - Location: Landside, 1st Floor. Hours: 530am - 9:30pm. Lounge Access: Priority Pass.
WiFi is available at Palermo Airport. There is a designated free WiFi area on the second floor, across from Duty Free Shop.
If sleeping in Palermo Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Hotel Magaggiari - (15 min from the airport) No airport shuttle.
- Florio Park Hotel - (15 min from the airport) No airport shuttle.
To find a cheap room, there is a list of hotels near Palermo Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price.
- ATMs / Cash Machines: There are three cash machines located Airside and Landside in the airport.
- Car Rentals: Avis • Europcar • Hertz • Holiday Car Rental • Maggiore • National • Dollar • Thrifty • Locauto • Sixt • Siciliy Rent Car. You can compare car rental rates on the Auto Europe web site.
- Currency Exchange: Location: Check-in A. Hours: 7am - 9pm
- Food & Drinks - At the time of this update there were no 24-hour food and beverage concessions available at the airport.
- Information Desk - Location: Landside, 1st Floor, near the ticketing office. Hours: 6am - 12am.
- Luggage Storage / Lockers: not available
- Pharmacy - Location: Departure Hall, 1st Floor. Hours: 8am - 8pm.
- Showers: Not available.
Information not available. Note: When hours are not available, I recommend that you read a few reviews before deciding to sleep in the airport overnight. And if you know the hours, please let me know and I will update the guide.
We Need Your Feedback!
The SleepingInAirports community depends on travellers, like you, to share their airport experiences through airport reviews and survey responses. If you had a good or bad experience at Palermo Airport, tell us about it!
- Complete the 2015 Airport Survey - Your responses to this short (and easy!) questionnaire will help us determine the Best and Worst Airports of 2015.
- Write a Review - Please take a few minutes to write your airport review. Whether you provided a quick tip or a detailed review, you will be helping other travellers in a similar situation. Leave a guest review OR register for an account.
Thank you for helping the Community!
Palermo Travel Resources
- Palermo Hotel Deals - compare rates, check availability and read reviews
Last Updated: 10 April 2015
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airport's and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items quoted in the guide, email me.