Rovaniemi Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Rovaniemi Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
Lots of security around, but they did not bother me.
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Rovaniemi Airport.
What to Expect
- A small single-terminal airport, served mainly by seasonal international flights. Rovaniemi is the “Official Hometown of Santa Claus”, so this airport gets very busy during the Christmas season!
- Clean facilities and minimal shopping and dining options.
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- Overnights are not permitted in this airport.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Rovaniemi Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
As of this update we were unable to confirm whether the airport has any first class or business lounges. If you know, please email us at email@example.com.
Free WiFi is available at Rovaniemi Airport.
If sleeping in Rovaniemi Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Santa Claus Holiday Village - (4 min from the airport) Free airport transfers. For airport pick-up, please notify hotel at least 2 days prior to arrival.
- Snowman World Igloo Hotel - (4 min from the airport) A hotel made entirely of ice! Open December through April. No airport shuttle. Hotel rate includes admission to Snowman World, breakfast, special sleeping gear and an Arctic Night survival certificate.
- Chalet Hotel Rovaniemi - (10 min from the airport) Airport transfers can be arranged directly with the airport ($)
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Rovaniemi Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- Car Rentals - Avis • Budget • Europcar • Hertz • Scandia Rent • Sixt • Toyota Rent. Location: first floor of the terminal.
- Children’s Area - Yes, in the gate area.
- Duty Free & Shopping - Duty Free is available as well as a gift shop.
- Food & Drinks - There are no 24 hour food concessions. The airport offers a cafe and restaurant.
- Post Office - Rovaniemi is the Official Santa Claus Airport, visit the post office to ensure Santa receives your wish list in time.
The airport is open 5:00AM - 12:00AM (Mon, Tues, Thurs, Sat) • 5:00AM - 10:30PM (Wed, Fri, Sun). The terminal is closed at night.
Information not available.
Last Updated: 24 May 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.