Split Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Split Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
the Toilets are the best toilets I ever seen in my life, beautiful and clean made from granite benches. -Mark
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Split Airport.
What to Expect
- A small, but modern single-terminal airport, served mainly by seasonal international flights. The airport’s facilities are clean and attractive, and a limited variety of shops and restaurants are available.
- WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
- According to one reviewer, power outlets can be found throughout the terminal, but many of them were not working.
- Have a travel blanket or a sweater handy to stay warm in the intensely air-conditioned terminal.
Where to Sleep
- On the 1st floor, there is a marble bench that runs along the entire window wall. It’s not comfortable, but it’s not the floor either. Have a sleeping bag or travel mat and blanket handy for added comfort!
- Expect to be approached by security and asked to present your ID and ticket/boarding pass. One reviewer mentioned that security actually helped them find a nice spot to spend the night.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Split Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
At the time of this update, there was a Business Lounge. We do not know if economy class passengers can pay to use this lounge.
It is not known if WiFi is available, however there is an internet corner located centre hall, Landside.
If sleeping in Split Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Stafileo Hotel - (4 min from the airport) No airport shuttle.
- Hotel Adria - (4 min from the airport) Free airport shuttle.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Split Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATM’S / Cash Machines - There are 3 machines available, Landside only.
- Baby Care - Baby change facilities are available on the lower level and 1st Floor of the airport.
- Bank - Splitska Bank. Hours: 6:00AM - 1:00PM / 2:00PM - 9:00PM.
- Currency Exchange - Yes, see Bank details.
- Duty Free & Shopping - Duty Free is available at the airport as well as a mini-market selling souvenirs and convenience type items.
- Food & Drinks - There are no food concessions on the lower or ground level, however the 1st Floor offers 3 cafe/bars and 2 restaurants Hours: Not known.
- Information Desk - Yes, centre hall. Hours: Not known.
- Observation Deck - Yes, on the 1st Floor behind the restaurants.
unknown (closed at night - unconfirmed)
Local buses 37 and 38 link the airport to central Split and Trogir or Kastel Stari. Pleso Prijevoz operates scheduled non-stop shuttle service between the airport and Split Bus station.
Taxis are available outside of the airport terminal during airport hours of operation.
Last Updated: 27 May 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.