Svalbard Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Svalbard Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the name of a hotel near the airport in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
We came there around 23h and it was pretty easy to find a couch to try to get some rest. - a traveller
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Svalbard Airport.
What to Expect
- A small and remote single-terminal airport with regional and seasonal international flight service.
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- Due to the irregular hours of operation, your chances of be allowed to spend the night here are unpredictable, as the airport is closed on some nights.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Svalbard Longyear Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
As of this update we were unable to confirm whether the airport has any first class or business lounges. If you know, please email us at email@example.com.
Free WiFi is available at Svalbard Airport for 2 hours. Connect to the “Airport Free WiFi” network. Simply log in again after your 2 hours expires. Alternatively you can pay for an upgraded service.
If sleeping in Svalbard Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Radisson Blu Polar Hotel Spitsbergen Longyear - (10 minutes from the airport) Airport shuttle available for NOK 60 per person, one way.
- Basecamp Hotel Spitsbergen - (10 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle.
- Svalbard Hotel - (10 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle.
- Coal Miner’s Cabins - (10 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle.
- Spitsbergen Hotel - (10 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Svalbard Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- Food & Drinks - The airport offers a snack bar. Location and hours are not known.
- Duty Free & Shopping - Duty Free shopping is available as well as one souvenir shop.
Information not available. If you know the hours, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will update the guide.
- Car Rentals - Yes, Arctic Autorent is available.
Last Updated: 01 June 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.