Trieste Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Trieste Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
A desolate place and there's only one reason to go to this airport.....to leave it shortly after.
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Trieste - Friuli Venezia Giulia Airport.
What to Expect
- A tiny single-terminal airport with very limited shopping and dining options.
- Airport staff fluent in English and Italian
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- No specific sleeping spot was mentioned, but there are a few hard metal benches to choose from. The airport is quiet and you probably won’t see any other travelers sleeping in the airport due to the availability of cheap accommodation nearby.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Economy class passengers can pay to enter the airport’s first class lounge. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Trieste Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
If you are an economy class traveller, you can enter the lounge at Trieste airport either by purchasing a lounge pass or through a membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details (ie. facilities, hours, pass and membership information):
- FVG Lounge / Sala Calligaris - Location: Airside, Airside by Gates 8/9. Hours: 5:45AM - 7:00PM (Daily). Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (€20,00) • Book Online (£22.00 - minimum 24 hour advance purchase is required)
Free WiFi is available at Trieste Airport, connect to the “trs-airport” network.
If sleeping in Trieste Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Hotel Major - (5 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle. Day use rooms available for 60,00 Euro (single double) and 70,00 Euro (twin double). Day use rates include open mini-bar, free WI-FI, and 24-hr use of garage.
- Hotel Furlan - (15 minute walk or 5 min ride from the airport) No airport shuttle.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Trieste Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Yes.
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Currency Exchange - There is a bank located Landside which may provide these services.
- Duty Free and & Shopping - Duty Free is available as well as one newsagent shop (Landside).
- Food & Drinks - There are no 24-hour food and beverage concessions.Here are the choices available:
- Landside - Gusto Restaurant, 1st Floor (Hours:11:00AM - 3:00PM and 6:00PM - 9:00PM) • Moka Cafe, Viewing Terrace Upper Level (Hours: 5:30AM - last flight).
- Airside - Moka Cafe Gourmet (Hours: 5:30AM - last flight).
- Vending machine offering snacks and drinks (hot and cold) are available both landside and airside.
- Information Desk - Location: Ground floor, near the entrance
- Luggage Storage / Lockers - Not available
- Medical Services - There is a First Aid Station located on the Ground Floor, Landside.
- Showers - Not available
We have mixed reviews that hopefully someone can clarify. We have information that the airport is open 24 hours, but a reviewer in August 2016 states that it closes at night. Please email us at email@example.com if you can confirm the airport hours.
APT Gorizia public buses 1 and 26 link the airport to Grado, Monfalcone and Gorizia. APT Gorizia public bus 51 links the airport to Monfalcone, Trieste and Udine. Tickets are sold at coach station, automated vending machines and Tourist Information centers.
The following car rental agencies are available in the Arrivals Hall: Avis, Europcar, Hertz, Locauto/Enterprise, Maggiore, Sicily by Car/AutoEuropa, Sixt and VIP Drivers Rent-A-Car.
Taxis are readily available outside of the airport terminal daily from 8:00AM - 12:00AM.
Last Updated: 30 March 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.