Verona Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Verona Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the name of a hotel near the airport in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
There are armrests every two seats which isn't ideal (three seats is usually the ideal for a person to laid) but it is still possible to get some rest. - Paul
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Verona Villafranca Airport.
What to Expect
- A small but modern single-terminal international airport with a wide variety of shops and restaurants.
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- Although no specific sleeping spot was mentioned, a reviewer described his overnight stay as passable and quiet after 10:00PM. Armrests are on every 2nd seat, so you can lay across them, but not very comfortably. You may be more comfortable sleeping on the floor if you have a sleeping bag or travel mat handy.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Economy class passengers can pay to enter the airport’s first class lounge. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
- Travelers with heavy luggage should be aware that if they are assessed an excess baggage fee, they will have to leave the check-in line to pay the fee at another desk, and then return to the check-in line in order to receive their boarding passes.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Verona Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
- Valerio Catullo Lounge - Location: Terminal A, Landside, 1st Floor. Hours: 5:00AM - 8:30PM (Daily). Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (€ 20.00) • Priority Pass
Free, unlimited WiFi is available throughout the airport. Connect to the “@FreeLuna_CATULLO” network to start surfing.
If sleeping in Verona airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Hotel Veronesi La Torre - (3 min from the airport) Airport shuttle available.
- DB Hotel Verona Airport and Congress - (3 min from the airport) 24-hr airport shuttle available.
- Hotel West Point - (3 min from the airport) Airport shuttle service available.
- Hotel Opera - (5 min from the airport) Airport transfers can be arranged directly with the hotel.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Verona Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - There are three cash machines (Banco Popolare Di Verona, Unicredit and Banca Popolare di Vicenza). Locations: Terminal 1 Departures
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Chapel - Mass is held every Saturday at 4:30PM. Location: Departures Terminal, First Floor.
- Currency Exchange - Location: Forexchange, Terminal 2, Arrivals.
- Duty Free & Shopping - Duty Free is available as well as a small selection of clothing and accessories shops. There is also a Relay magazine shop located in T1 Departures.
- Food & Drinks - Food concessions are available airside and landside. At the time of this update it was not known if there are any 24-hour food options.
- Information Desk - Location: Departure Hall, Landside. Hours: 5:00AM - 8:30PM (or 9:00PM depending on last flight).
- Pharmacy - Yes, located in T1 Departures. Hours: Not known.
- Smoking - Smoking is allowed inside the Valerio Catullo Lounge, it is not known if there are any other designated smoking areas.
The airport is open 24 hours.
Aerobus offers scheduled daily roundtrip service between the airport and Verona Porta Nuova train station in a 15-minute journey, each way.
Seasonal shuttle buses run between the airport to VicenzaOro (via Vicenza Fair shuttle bus), Trentino-Dolomites (via Fly Ski Shuttle service) and Alto Adige (via Suedtirol).
The following car rental companies are available: Auto Europe • Autovia • Avis • Europcar • Hertz • Locauto • Maggiore • Sixt.
Taxis are readily available at the taxi rank located near the Arrivals Terminal exit.
Last Updated: 03 June 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.