About This Airport:
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Zurich Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
I found the airport very beautiful. It's big and a lot of very helpful people who spoke with me in my language. -mayss94
Photo credit: Zurich Airport [ submit a photo ]
by Liz 211
We read a previous review of Zurich airport recommending Starbucks as a good place to sleep, due to the double couches that are left out during the night. So we went and staked out some awesome double couches and got comfortable. But as soon as the main lights went out, we became surrounded by some very questionable people. Two old homeless men on one side who had cans of bourbon, were snoring loudly then yelling at one another for snoring, and at one stage started harassing other young travelers trying to sleep there, grabbing them and yelling - and security was no where to be seen. On the other side, a homeless woman who smelled strongly of vomit. In the end, we gave up our great couches and went to look for another spot. We found another starbucks closer to the check in area that also had couches - they weren't as comfortable as the first ones, but we slept so much better! There weren't any dodgy looking people around there either. I would recommend THAT Starbucks.
The last review for this airport was in 2013. Have you been there recently? Tell us about it!
- Dnata Skyview Lounge - Location: Airside, 2nd floor of Airside Center - Access via Check-In # 1 and Check-In # 2. Hours: 630am - 930pm. Rate: from CHF 32 at the door / US$ 45 per person (3 hours).
- Panorama Lounge - Location: Airside, 3rd Floor, near Gate E45. Hours: 6am - 10pm. Rate: from CHF 36 at the door / US$ 45 per person (3 hours).
Airline Lounges that require a first or business class ticket or elite membership: Emirates Lounge > SKYTEAM Lounge > Swiss Arrival Lounge > Swiss Business Lounge > Swiss First Lounge > Swiss Senator Lounge > Swiss Senator/Business Lounge
- WiFi is available at the the Zurich Airport for a fee.
- Internet Kiosks are available both landside and airside for a fee.
If sleeping in the Zurich Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels at and near the airport....
- Radisson Blu - Located across the street from the terminal. Connected to Terminal.
- NH Zurich Airport - Shuttle bus available. Day rooms are available 9am-6pm. The shower rooms are available for non-guests at a rate of CHF 35.
- Park Inn by Radisson - Shuttle bus available (scheduled service. Hours unknown)
- Mövenpick Hotel Zürich-Airport - Free shuttle bus (Hours: 510am - 1145pm)
There are sleep rooms in transit area D. Single Rates: CHF 49 (3 hours), CHF 63 (6 hours), CHF 79 (more than 6 hours). Double Rates: CHF 75 (3 hours), CHF 94 (6 hours), CHF 119 (more than 6 hours). There is a shower facility.
- Airport Tours - Sightseeing tours take you behind the scenes to the aprons, Pier A, and the Airside Center, and then through the tunnel beneath runway 28 to Pier E, where you can get out of the bus and enjoy a close-up view of aircraft landing and taking off. Duration: 1 hour 15min. Departures: tours for individuals depart on Wednesdays, Saturdays and Sundays. Check the Observation Deck for the current schedule. Rate: CHF 8.00 (adults) / CHF 4.00 (child). Location: purchase tickets at the observation deck.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - There is an ATM in the Airport Center Level 01 next to the SBB counter.
- Car Rentals / Car Hire - Avis • Budget • Europcar • Hertz • National / Alamo • Sixt. Location: Airport Center, Level 01
- Food -
There are many food options located landside and airside, but none of them are open 24 hours.
- Information Desk - Locations: Arrivals 1 (Hours: 715am - 1130pm) • Arrivals 2 (Hours: 545am - 1130pm) • Service Center Car Park 2 (Hours: 6am - 1130pm) • Check-in 2 (Hours: 530am - 830pm) • Transfer and Shopping Zone (Hours: 545am - 10pm)
- Luggage Storage - You will find the left luggage office and coin-operated lockers next to the Service Center near car park pay station 2. Hours: 6am - 1030pm
- Observation Deck - There are two observation decks. The newly renovated Observation Deck B has multimedia binoculars and a miniature airport for children to play. Entrance: beside check-in 2. Hours: 8am - 9pm (summer) and 9am - 6pm (winter). Rates: CHF 5 (adults) and CHF 2 (children). Observation Deck E is accessible by shuttle bus and is onpen in the summer only. Hours: unknown. Rate: CHF 4.00 (adults) and CHF 2 (children).
- Rest Areas - In Transit Area D, you will find 12 comfortable reclining chairs with wool blankets near the Day rooms. [ see Hotel section above ]. Rates: CHF 25.00 (3 hours), CHF 30.00 (6 hours), CHF 35 (more than 6 hours)
- Security Office - Location is unknown. Do you know? Email me
- Showers - There are three shower facilities that you can pay to use.
Location: Landside - Service Center (multi-storey car park 2, level 1) - Hours: 6am - 10pm
Location: Airside - Transit B - Hours: 630am - 10pm
Location: Airside - Transit D (next to day rooms) - Hours: open 24 hours
Rates: CHF 15 includes towel, shampoo/shower gel
- Smokers Lounges - There are 22 smokers lounges. 6 are located landside and 16 are located airside.
- Sports Equipment Rentals - Active travellers can head out and enjoy a view of the airport from outside. Bicycle, inline skates and nordic walking poles are available for rent. Location: Service Center, multi-story car park 2, 1st floor.
open 24 hours
Zurich Travel Resources
- Zurich Hotel Deals - compare rates, check availability and read reviews
Last Updated: 29 May 2012
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airport's and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you du ring your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items quoted in the guide, email me.