Abu Dhabi Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Abu Dhabi Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the name of the transit hotel in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
When I asked, the staff were more than happy for me to enter the terminal, despite not flying out from there in the morning. - rossh89
photo by Abu Dhabi International Airport
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Abu Dhabi International Airport.
What to Expect
- Abu Dhabi airport has three terminals. A free inter-terminal bus is available to take passengers back and forth between them.
- There are 24-hour food concessions at this airport.
- Several reviewers warned of messy bathrooms, so you may want to pack hand sanitizer and tissues.
- Reviewers also warned of frequent crowds, long lines during security, and interactions with rude, arrogant, and unhelpful staff.
- From food concessions to shops to phone cards, EVERYTHING at this airport is expensive!
- A very crowded airport with a lack of seating throughout the airport, especially near the departure gates.
- The air-conditioning is on high blast, even in the winter! Bring a sweater and a travel blanket to keep warm.
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi information in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- A few reviewers recommended the gate area in Terminal 3 for good sleeping spots.
- Regardless of where you sleep, consider earplugs, as this airport can be quite noisy.
- In Terminal 3, near the Transit area, you can find sleeping pods, where you can sleep in relative comfort for a fee. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there is a hotel inside the transit area and another hotel connected to the car-park. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Economy class passengers can pay to use one of the first class lounges. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
- Showers are available in the lounges.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Abu Dhabi Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
If you are an economy class traveller, you can enter these lounges at Abu Dhabi airport either by purchasing a lounge pass or through a membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details (ie. facilities, hours, pass and membership information):
- Al Reem Lounge - Location: Terminal 1, Airside. Showers are available. Hours: open 24 hours. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (from AED 150 - 400) • Book Online (£26.00 - up to 3 hours or £40.00 - up to 6 hours - minimum 24 hour advance purchase is required)
- Al Dhabi Lounge - Location: Terminal 1, Airside. Showers are available. Hours: open 24 hours. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (from AED 180 - 520) • Book Online (£29.00 - up to 3 hours or £52.00 - up to 6 hours - minimum 24 hour advance purchase is required)
- Al Ghazal Lounge: Location: Terminal 1, Airside. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (AED100).
- Al Dana Lounge: Terminal 1, Airside, Satellite Area, near Gates 14 and 15. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (AED100)
- Al Ghazal Lounge - Location: Terminal 2, Airside. Hours: open 24 hours. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (from AED 100 - 160) • Book Online (£22.00 - up to 3 hours or £30.00 - up to 6 hours - minimum 24 hour advance purchase is required)
- Aerotel Abu Dhabi Airport Hotel - (Airside, Terminal 1, International Departures Level 1, right side after passport/security control) Open to all transit passengers, this airport transit hotel offers free WiFi, luxury amenities, power shower, wake-up service, 1 hour use of Al Dhabi Lounge and more. As of September 2016, the following room rates include a 6-hr stay and all taxes and fees: XS Single (AED 290) • XS Twin (AED 464) • S (AED 348) • M (AED 580) • L (AED 870).
- GoSleep Sleeping Pods - Locations: (26 pods) Terminal 3, 2nd Floor, in the Transit Area, at the end of the long corridor approaching Arrivals. Ideal for overnight stays and passengers arriving on Etihad at T3. • (11 pods) Terminal 3, next to duty free area and opposite Ethiad trasfers desks. Ideal for passengers arriving on Etihad at T1 and departing from T3. Rates from: AED 75/US$ 22 (2 hours)
- Premier Inn Abu Dhabi International Airport - Located next to Skypark multi-story car park opposite Terminals 1 & 3. Direct access from the airport terminal via retail corridor inside of Skypark. Free shuttle service to Yas Island, Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque, and the Corniche.
- Al Raha Beach Hotel - (7 min from the airport) Free shuttle service to nearby shopping centers.
- Park Inn by Radisson Abu Dhabi Yas Island - (7 min from the airport) Airport transfers available on request ($).
- Yas Viceroy - (10 min from the airport) Airport transfers available on request ($).
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Abu Dhabi Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
Free WiFi is available at Abu Dhabi Airport. Connect to the “ADAC Free Wireless” network.
Additionally there are 50 free internet kiosks located in the Departure Lounges of all three terminals.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Available Landside and in the Transit Area. Location: Terminal 1, Terminal 1A, Terminal 2 .
- Baggage Trolleys - Trolleys are available free of charge. If you would like a porter, the fixed rate is currently AED 15/US$ 4 (as of April 2015).
- Business Center - Offers telephone, fax and internet access. Location: Terminal 1 Transit Hall, in the Airport Hotel. Rate: AED 15 per 30 minutes
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Children's Play Area - Yes. Location: Terminal 1, 2nd Floor, airside.
- Currency Exchange - There are 16 foreign exchange offices (Travelex). Locations: Terminal 1 Arrivals Hall, Terminal 1 Departures Hall (Gate 1), Terminal 1 Transit Area (Gate 5 and 6), Terminal 2 Arrivals Hall, Terminal 2 Landside in the National Bank of Abu Dhabi. Hours: open 24 hours.
- Family Services - Free baby strollers are available. Additionally, there are baby changing rooms located throughout the airport.
- Food & Drinks - There are 24-hour food concessions at this airport. Names and locations are unknown.
- Golf Course - Located a short drive (7 minutes) from the airport, the Al Ghazal Golf Course is considered one of the finest sand golf courses in the world. If you have a 3-5 hour transit, you can play 9 or 18 holes.
- Information Desk - Yes, located in every terminal. Hours are not known.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - Short/Long term storage and lockers. Location: Terminal 1, Arrivals Hall. Rates: AED 10 - 75 (3 hours) • AED 20 - 150 (24 hours) • AED 20 - 75 each additional 24 hour period.
- Luggage Wrapping - Protect the contents and exterior of your luggage! Location: Terminals 1, 1A and 3.
- Medical Services - Yes, offered at the 24-hour Medical Services Clinic, located in the Terminal 1 transit area near the Immigration Arrival Hall.
- Pharmacy - There are 3 pharmacies: Al Razi Pharmacy (Terminal 3, 4th Floor, landside) • Bin Sina Pharmacy (Terminal 1, 1st Floor, airside) • Boots (Terminal 3, 1st Floor, airside). Hours: open 24 hours.
- Prayer Rooms - available in all terminals (landside and airside).
- Rest Zones - The airport offers areas with reclining seating for people to rest in between flights, but they are generally in open areas that might have a lot of noise for a deep sleep.
- Showers - Showers are available in the Al Reem and Al Dhabi lounges. See Airport Lounges in for locations. Free public showers are situated near Gates 32 and 37. GoSleep sells shower kits including a disposable towel, footwear, soap, shower gel, shampoo, toothbrush and toothpaste for AED 45/US$13. See Airport Hotels above for locations.
- Smoking Room - Designated smoking areas are located within the Transit and Satellite areas in the Smoking Room, Piano Bar and selected sections of cafes. Locations: Terminal 1, First Floor, Al Dhabi Lounge • Terminal 2, Ground Floor • Terminal 3, Second Floor.
- Spa - Pamper yourself at TOSA Spa in one of two locations: Terminal 1 location offers express foot/back treatments and body massage, while the Skypark Plaza location offers separate male and female treatment and changing rooms, relaxation lounge for females, and a mani/pedi room with TVs and newspapers. A full range of luxurious spa treatments are available to members and guests of the Etihad Diamond First and Pearl Business Class lounges at the Six Senses Spa, Terminals 1 and 3.
The airport is open 24 hours.
The airport is served by several lines of Abu Dhabi’s economic public bus system. Buses are air-conditioned and green and white in color. Bus stops, clearly marked by blue/white signs, are located at the lower curbside outside of Terminals 1 and 3, and outside of Terminal 2. Departures are every 40 minutes, 24 hours a day, and take about 45 minutes to travel between the airport and city, depending on traffic conditions. At the time of this update, a one-way bus fare is AED 4.00. The following bus routes serve the airport:
A1 - Terminals 1 & 2 to Abu Dhabi City Air Terminal
490 - Terminals 1 & 2 to Al Ain Bus Station
211 - Terminal 1 to Mussafah Dalma Mall and Al Rahba Hospital
240 - Terminal 1 to Al Wathba Worker City and Al Rahba Hospital
X81 - International Terminal to Ruwais ADNOC Bus Station
For further information on bus routes and schedules, go to the Abu Dhabi DoT website.
Car rental service is available 24 hours a day at Skypark Plaza, located opposite Terminal 3 and just a short walk from Terminals 1 and 3. Skypark Plaza is accessible from Terminal 2 via free inter-terminal shuttle bus. The following car rental agencies are available onsite: Budget, Dollar, Europcar, Hertz, Payless and Thrifty.
The airport offers a free shuttle service, which runs in 15 minute intervals between Terminals 1 and 2. Shuttle stops are located outside of Terminal 1 at Entrance 5, upper curbside, and Terminal 2 in front of the Departures Hall.
Metered taxis are available 24-hours a day at the airport. Terminals 1 and 3 are served by late-model six-seater Mercedes Vito vans, from taxi ranks located at the lower curbside outside of the Arrivals Halls. These luxury taxis are equipped with GPS and have extra baggage space and multilingual male or female drivers. Multiple currencies are accepted for payment. Terminal 2 is served by metered Toyota Camry taxis from taxi ranks outside of the Arrivals Hall. At the time of this update, flag drop is AED 25.00 with a AED 1.60 charge per km up to 50 km (9 fils per km above 50 km).
Last Updated: 05 September 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.