Salalah Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Salalah Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the name of a hotel near the airport in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, here is a quick run-down of what to expect during your time at Salalah Airport.
What to Expect
- This brand new airport opened in 2015, and currently offers flights to several Middle East, Indian, and European destinations.
- WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- As of February 2017, we have no reviews from travellers who have used this airport. Write a review to help future travellers!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Economy class travellers can pay to access one of two airport lounges. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Salalah Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
If you are an economy class traveller, you can enter these lounges at Salalah airport either by purchasing a lounge pass or through a membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details (ie. facilities, hours, pass and membership information):
- Al Khareef Lounge by Oman Air - Location: Airside, 1st Floor, opposite Gate 3B. Showers are available. Hours: open 24 hours. Lounge Access: Book Online (£20.00 - minimum 24 hour advance purchase is required)
- Plaza Premium Lounge - Location: International Departures, Airside, between Gates 2A & 1B. Showers are available. Hours: open 24 hours. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (OMR 11 -16) • Book Online (£22.00 - for 3 hours or £26.00 - for up to 6 hours)
WiFi is available at Salalah Airport inside the lounges.
If sleeping in Salalah Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Haffa House - (4 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle.
- City Hotel - (5 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle.
- Al Nile Hotel - (7 minutes from the airport) Airport transfers available for 5 OMR each way.
- Crowne Plaza Resort Salalah - (10 minutes from the airport) Airport shuttle available ($).
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Salalah Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Yes, available.
- Car Rentals - Yes, available. AST • Budget • Europcar • Sixt • Thrifty • 4x4
- Currency Exchange - Yes, available.
- Food & Drinks - There are cafes and restaurants available. Hours and locations are not known.
- Prayer Room - Yes, for males and females.
- Shopping - Yes, book and gift shops.
- Showers - Showers are available inside the lounges. [ see Airport Lounges above ]
The airport is open 24 hours.
Information not available.
Last Updated: 24 March 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.