Grand Rapids Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Grand Rapids Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the name of a hotel near the airport in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
CNN is playing in the lobby and was quite loud but since I had no where else to go, I ended up watching it all night. - redlegsfan21
August 2011 - I was stranded at GRR overnight and finding a place to sleep was much to hard. The only thing available were bucket seats. CNN is playing in the lobby and was quite loud but since I had no where else to go, I ended up watching it all night. Staff was almost non-existant though the occasional police officer came by but did not pay attention to me.
Have you been to Grand Rapids Airport recently? Write a Review!
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
Free WiFi is available at Grand Rapids Airport. Connect to the "flyGRR" network.
If sleeping in Grand Rapids Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Springhill Suites Grand Rapids Airport Southeast - (5 min from the airport) Free airport shuttle service available on request.
- Hampton Inn & Suites Grand Rapids Airport 28th St - (5 min from the airport) Free airport shuttle service.
- Sleep Inn & Suites - (7 min from the airport) Free airport shuttle service.
To find a cheap room, there is a list of hotels near Grand Rapids Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Location: in the Grand Hall near the entrance to Concourse B.
- Baggage Carts - Location: Baggage Claim, next to luggage carousels. Rate: unknown.
- Business Centers: Two public business centers are located in the Grand Hall. These newly remodeled centers are equipped with seating, work surfaces, electrical outlets, and connections for LAN access. The airport's Free WiFi service is also available in the Business Centers.
- Currency Exchange - Not available inside the airport. There is a bank located across from the Terminal that you could go to for foreign currency. Location: Fifth Third Bank, corner of Patterson Avenue and 44th Street.
- Food & Drinks - At the time of this update there were no 24-hour food or beverage concessions available at the airport. However, vending machines are available in the main hall near the entrance to Concourse B and at the far end of Concourses A and B. Starbucks opens at 4:30AM.
- Game Room: Location: Landside, Grand Hall just behind the gift shop.
- Information Desk - Location: across from baggage claim. Hours: 9:00AM - 10:00PM. Look for the airport ambassadors throughout the airport wearing bright green jackets.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - not available
- Observation Deck - Location: on the mezzanine level.
- Showers - not available
The airport is open 24 hours.
Keep in mind that TSA, airline check-in and baggage drop hours vary according the flight schedule. Check these hours with your airline. If you are in the public area of the terminal (landside) you will not be able to get through to the secure area of the terminal (airside) until the morning.
I think I found a spot to get some sleep at the Airport pic.twitter.com/NJZquDS0Ci— Greg Forest (@CoachGregForest) December 30, 2013
Grand Rapids Airport is served by local bus route 17. At the time of this update, bus fare is $1.50 and includes one transfer. For route map and schedule, visit The Rapid website.
The following car rental agencies can be found on-site, on the 1st level of the parking garage: Avis, Budget, Enterprise, Hertz and National/Alamo.
Several area hotels provide airport transportation service as a courtesy to their guests. Here are a few hotels offering airport shuttle service: Baymont Inn & Suites Grand Rapids Airport • Best Western Hospitality Hotel & Suites • Clarion Inn & Suites Airport • Comfort Inn Airport • Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Grand Rapids Airport • Courtyard Grand Rapids Airport • Crowne Plaza Grand Rapids Airport • DoubleTree By Hilton Grand Rapids Airport • Hampton Inn & Suites Grand Rapids Airport / 28th St • Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Grand Rapids Airport • Red Roof Inn • Residence Inn Grand Rapids Airport • Sleep Inn & Suites • SpringHill Suites Grand Rapids Airport • Wyndham Garden Grand Rapids Airport
Taxis are available in the ground transportation area of the terminal during airport hours of operation. All taxis are metered and reservations are not required. At the time of this update, one-way fare to downtown Grand Rapids is $32 in a regular taxis and $37 in a luxury taxi.
Last Updated: 08 June 2015
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airport's and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.