Grand Rapids Airport
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Grand Rapids Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the name of a hotel near the airport in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
CNN is playing in the lobby and was quite loud but since I had no where else to go, I ended up watching it all night. - redlegsfan21
"I was stranded at GRR overnight and finding a place to sleep was much to hard. The only thing available were bucket seats. CNN is playing in the lobby and was quite loud but since I had no where else to go, I ended up watching it all night. Staff was almost non-existant though the occasional police officer came by but did not pay attention to me."
Have you been to Grand Rapids Airport recently? Tell us about it!
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
Free WiFi is available at Grand Rapids Airport. Connect to the "flyGRR" network.
If sleeping in the Grand Rapids Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport that offer free airport shuttle ....
- Holiday Inn Express (Shuttle Hours: on request)
- Comfort Inn
- Hilton Grand Rapids Airport
- Clarion Inn & Suites (Shuttle Hours: 4am - 12am)
To find a cheap room, there is a list of hotels near Grand Rapids Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Location: in the Grand Hall near the entrance to Concourse B.
- Luggage Trolleys - Location: Baggage Claim, next to luggage carousels. Rate: unknown.
- Business Centers: Two public business centers are located in the Grand Hall. These newly remodeled centers are equipped with seating, work surfaces, electrical outlets, and connections for LAN access. The airport's Free WiFi service is also available in the Business Centers.
- Car Rentals - Car Rentals: Alamo • Avis • Budget • Enterprise • Hertz • National. Location: first level of parking garage.
- Currency Exchange - Not available inside the airport. There is a bank located across from the Terminal that you could go to for foreign currency. Location: Fifth Third Bank, corner of Patterson Avenue and 44th Street.
- Food & Drinks - At the time of this update there were no 24-hour food or beverage concessions available at the airport. However, vending machines are available in the main hall near the entrance to Concourse B and at the far end of Concourses A and B.
- Game Room: Location: Landside
- Information Desk - Location: across from baggage claim. Hours: 9am - 10pm.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - not available
- Observation Deck - Location: on the mezzanine level.
- Showers - not available
open 24 hours
Facebook and Twitter Tips
I think I found a spot to get some sleep at the Airport pic.twitter.com/NJZquDS0Ci— Greg Forest (@CoachGregForest) December 30, 2013
The SleepingInAirports community depends on travellers, like you, to share their airport experiences through airport reviews and survey responses. If you had a good or bad experience at Grand Rapids Airport, tell us about it!
- Complete the Airport Survey - Your responses to this short (and easy!) questionnaire will help us determine the Best and Worst Airports of 2014.
- Submit your Airport Review - Register to submit your airport review or simply email your annonymous review to me and I will add it to the database.
Thank you for helping the Community!
Last Updated: 28 January 2014
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airport's and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you du ring your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items quoted in the guide, email me.