Houston Hobby Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Houston Hobby Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
Very little to do in the airport. Planes are delayed often from this airport due to unpredictable weather year-round. It is not uncommon to be stranded for 4-6 hours waiting for your flight to take off. - Guest
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at William P Hobby Airport.
What to Expect
- A small but busy carrier-dominant (Southwest Airlines) airport. Majority of flights are regional.
- Delays and cancellations are common year round, due to inclement weather
- The airport provides free WiFi. See WiFi information in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- We have no reviews from travelers who have slept in this airport, but reviewers have noted that the airport does not appear to be equipped to accommodate overnight passengers.
- There are hotels near the airport that provide airport shuttles. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Houston Hobby Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
At the time of this update there were no pay-per-use lounges.
- USO Lounge - The USO offers a lounge that is free of charge to members of the US military and their families. Amenities include: WiFi, video games, TV lounge, snacks, computers and a library. Location: Main Concourse, Airside, one level below Gate 44. Hours: 9:00AM - 9:00PM.
Free WiFi is available at Houston Hobby Airport. Connect to the "Free Airport WIFI" network.
If sleeping in Houston Hobby Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Houston Hobby Airport - (5 minutes from the airport) Free shuttle service to the airport and surrounding area (within 3 mile radius).
- Hampton Inn Houston Hobby Airport- (5 minutes from the airport) Free shuttle service to the airport and surrounding area (within 3 mile radius).
- Holiday Inn Houston Hobby Airport- (5 minutes from the airport) Free shuttle service to the airport and surrounding area (within 2 mile radius).
- Four Points by Sheraton Houston Hobby Airport - (8 minutes from the airport) Free shuttle service to the airport and surrounding area (within 3 mile radius).
- La Quinta Inn & Suites Houston Hobby Airport - (5 minutes from the airport) Free 24-hr airport shuttle service available.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Houston Hobby Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- Art in the Airport - Art exhibitions and daily scheduled live music shows are available throughout the airport.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Three locations: Level 1 Baggage Claim (landside), Level 2 near Main Entrance (landside) and Level 2 near the Food Court (airside).
- Baggage Carts - Baggage carts are available in the baggage claim and drop-off areas of all four terminals for a small fee.
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Chapels - The Airport Interfaith Chapel offers a quiet place to collect your thoughts. Two locations: Central Lobby (landside) and Central Concourse (airside, near Gate 44) Open: 24 hours
- Currency Exchange - Offered on Level 2 (landside), just before the security checkpoint.
- Duty Free & Shopping - In addition to the airport’s retail shops, various items can be purchased 24/7 from automated kiosks placed throughout the airside areas of the airport.
- Food & Drinks - Food concessions throughout the airport operate on varying schedules, with some opening as early as 4:00AM. At the time of this update, there are no 24-hour dining options. Vending machines are available in the airport.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - not available
- Massage Chairs - Sit back and enjoy a 5-minute deep-tissue massage for a small fee. Locations: Central Concourse Rotunda, Central Concourse (near Gates 24-32) and Level 1 Baggage Claim.
- Mobile Charging - Look for the seats with built-in power outlets at these gates: 1-5, 20-25, 27 and 40-51.
- Showers - not available
- Spa - XpresSpa - Manicures, pedicures, facials, massages and more services are available. Location: Central Concourse (airside, near Gate 44) Hours: 4:00AM - 10:00PM, closed at 8:00PM on Saturdays.
While the airport is open 24 hours ,the TSA security checkpoints are open 4:30AM - 5:00PM. You will not be able to access the secure area of the terminal outside of this time frame.
Houston Hobby is served by Houston METRO bus routes 50, 73 and 88. For route maps, schedules and fares, visit the Houston METRO website.
Car rental desks are located in the lower level near Baggage Claim, and shuttles to the car rental lots pick up at Curb Zones 1A and 1B. Onsite car rental agencies include Advantage, Alamo, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise, Hertz, National and Thrifty.
Several area hotels provide airport transportation service as a courtesy to their guests. These hotels can be reached by direct-dial courtesy phones in the baggage claim area, and the pick up area is Curb Zone 9B. Here are a few hotels offering airport shuttle service: Comfort Suites Hobby Airport Houston • Courtyard Houston Hobby Airport • Days Inn and Suites Houston Hobby Airport • DoubleTree by Hilton Houston Hobby Airport • Drury Inn & Suites Houston Hobby • Fairfield Inn & Suites Houston Hobby Airport • Four Points by Sheraton Houston Hobby Airport • Hampton Inn Houston Hobby • Holiday Inn Houston Hobby Airport • La Quinta Inn & Suites Houston Hobby Airport • Motel 6 Houston Hobby Airport • SpringHill Suites Houston Hobby Airport • Super 8 Houston Hobby Airport North • Stay Express Inn & Suites Houston Hobby Airport
Shuttles and Limousines
SuperShuttle offers door-to-door shared ride service between Houston Hobby and the Houston metropolitan area. SuperShuttle, Galveston Limousine and other shuttle services pick up from Curb Zone 12B.
Taxis are readily available at Curb Zone 3, outside of baggage claim on the lower level. All fares within Houston city limits are charged flat Zone Rate or metered rate, whichever is less. The following one-way flat zone rates were current at the time of this update: Downtown (Zone 2) $27.50; Galleria/North Loop (Zone 4) $55.50; Bush Intercontinental/Greenspoint (Zone 8) $73.30 and NASA/Space Center Houston (Zone 9) $39.20.
Last Updated: 15 January 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.