Ketchikan Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Ketchikan Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the name of a hotel near the airport in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
this isn't someplace you want to be stuck if you have hours to burn.
- a traveller
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Ketchikan Airport.
What to Expect
- The Ketchikan airport has a single terminal.
- Because of the airport’s island location, a ferry connects it to the city of Ketchikan. The ferry alternately leaves Gravina Island or Revillagigedo Island every fifteen minutes and travels to the airport.
- We have not received any reviews for this airport since 2000. If you have been there recently, please write a review.
Where to Sleep
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport that provide free airport shuttles. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Ketchikan Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
There are no pay-per-use lounges at the airport.
Free WiFi is available in Ketchikan Airport for 10 minutes. Additional time is available for a fee.
The airport is located on Gravina Island, across the Tongass Strait from Ketchikan city. Passengers have to take the airport ferry to the city side to get to/from the hotels. If sleeping in Kamloops Airport does not appeal to you, these are the closest hotels to the airport:
- Best Western Plus Landing Hotel - (2 min from the airport terminal ferry) Free shuttle service from 6:00AM to 10:00PM. The shuttle goes to the airport ferry terminal (Ketchikan city side) as well as local city limits.
- Super 8 Ketchikan - (2 min from the airport ferry terminal) Free shuttle service to the airport ferry terminal (Ketchikan city side) and local city limits.
- Alder House B&B - (2 min from the airport ferry terminal)
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Ketchikan Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- Baggage Carts - Free to use.
- Duty Free & Shopping - There is a small gift shop in the airport.
- Food & Drinks - There is a cocktail lounge / snack bar at this airport. No 24-hour dining options available.
The airport is open daily from 6:30AM - 8:45PM.
Located on Gravina Island, Ketchikan Airport is connected to mainland Ketchikan via airport ferry (Hours: 6:15AM - 9:30PM) or water taxi. From the mainland side of the ferry/water taxi docks, metered taxis are readily available for hire, or you can take a public bus. Another option is the Ketchikan Airporter, a shuttle service that takes passengers between the ferry docks and a shuttle terminal just north of downtown.
Last Updated: 12 February 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.