Knoxville Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Knoxville Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the name of a hotel near the airport in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
they had this funny idea a while back to put an entire row of dozens and dozens of rocking chairs by the huge open glass window in the center of the terminal - wc
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at McGhee Tyson Airport.
What to Expect
- A small and homey single terminal airport
- Rocking chairs throughout the terminal, apparently even in the bathrooms!
- The airport provides free WiFi. See WiFi information in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- After security checkpoints close for the night, passengers are restricted to landside only. Passengers sleeping airside will be required to go back to landside until security reopens, and will need to clear security again to re-enter.
- Although there are padded benches available in the landside areas of the terminal, there are two carpeted glassed-in areas underneath the stairwells in baggage claim which allow for some privacy away from the airport’s foot traffic
- For uninterrupted sleep, there is a hotel connected to the terminal by a covered walkway and other nearby hotels that provide free airport shuttles. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Knoxville Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
There are no pay-per-use lounges at the airport.
If sleeping in Knoxville Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Hilton Knoxville Airport - Connected to the airport via covered walkway, the hotel has free shuttle service to the surrounding area (within 5 mile radius).
- Hampton Inn Knoxville Airport - (7 min from the airport) Free airport shuttle service available.
- La Quinta Inn & Suites Knoxville Airport - (5 min from the airport) Free airport shuttle service available daily from 7:00AM to 11:00PM.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Knoxville Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
Free WiFi is available at Knoxville airport
- Arts in the Airport - Exhibits are available throughout the airport terminal.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Two ATMs are located landside and a third ATM is located airside next to Ruby Tuesday.
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Currency Exchange - No
- Food & Drinks - Food concessions throughout the airport are open from 5:00AM - 7:00PM, except for Starbucks, which is open at 4:30AM. Dining options include: Cinnabon • Express by Uno • Quiznos Subs • Ruby Tuesday • Starbucks.
- Information Desk - Location: main entrance, lower level.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - No
- Mobile Charging - Charging stations are located throughout the airport.
- Shopping - Need a snack or reading materials for your flight? There’s a mini mart located landside and airside!
- Showers - No
The airport is open 24 hours.
The following car rental agencies are available onsite: Alamo, Avis, Budget, Enterprise, Hertz, National, Payless, Sixt and Thrifty. Location: on the lower level near the baggage claim.
Several area hotels provide airport transportation service as a courtesy to their guests. Here are a few hotels offering airport shuttle service: Hampton Inn Knoxville Airport • Hilton Knoxville Airport • La Quinta Inn & Suites Knoxville Airport.
Metered taxis are readily available in the ground transportation area of the airport.
Last Updated: 12 February 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.