Las Vegas Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Las Vegas Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
I don't believe I ever got to sleep, because all through the night this GIANT Wheel of Fortune slot machine aid...WHEEL......OF.....FORTUNE...followed by a loud roar from a "crowd". - Joe in Oregon
Slot machines at Baggage Claim. photo credit: Jerome / Wikipedia
By studiojw May 2014 - I took a voucher to give up my seat because my friend was at a conference and had that evening hotel booked. I had stayed with him but left the hotel key card in the room when I left. His conference ended early so he was able to change to a red eye and leave. Unfortunately, I didn't contact him prior to this and changed my flight thus resulting in my stay. Notes. (1) Temperature was perfect in Tshirt and jeans. (2) I actually found a wheelchair and slept in it with my legs propped on a chair. (3) No one bothered me. (4) Cleaning was rather quiet. (5) Free wifi (6) Dinner and tv at peiwei Caveats. I am a heavy sleeper and can sleep almost anywhere. I can sleep and function on minimal sleep (3-4h). I ended up sleeping from about 11:45 to 3am. Then I got up and started working. Then time flew by and it was 6am and went to Starbucks for some coffee. I also tried to sleep by leaning to my side against my luggage. That was not all that comfortable. Although peiwei is far from my favorite I was able to kill time and watch the nba playoff game and grab some grub. I would recommend if you're planning to save some cash to eat a nice buffet between lunch and dinner and head to the airport. Overall i had enough sleep to stay up from 3 to 8 so I could catch my flight and pass out on the plane.
Have you been to Las Vegas Airport recently? Write a Review!
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
If you are an economy class traveller, you can enter these lounges at Las Vegas airport either by purchasing a day pass or through a membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details (ie. facilities, hours, pass and membership information):
- The Club at LAS - Location: Terminal 1, Airside, Gate D16, Concourse D. Hours: 6:00AM - 12:00AM. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (US$ 35.00) • Book Online (£22.00) • Priority Pass.
- The Club at LAS - Location: Terminal 3, Airside, Gate E2. Showers are available. Hours: 6:00AM - 2:00AM. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (US$ 35.00) • Book Online (£22.00) • Priority Pass.
- Centurion Lounge - A lounge exclusively for American Express cardholders. Location: Airside, D Gates. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door ($50). Hours: 5:00AM - 12:00AM.
- United Club - Location: Terminal 1, Concourse D, airside. Hours: 5:30AM - 12:30AM. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (US$ 50.00) • United Club Membership.
USO Lounge - The USO offers a lounge to members of the military and their families. Amenities include: WiFi, video games, TV lounge, toiletries, snacks, computers and a library. Location: near Gates A & B (airside) Hours: open 24 hours.
Free WiFi is available at Las Vegas Airport.
If you need to send an email and don’t have a device with you, visit one of 40 pay per email stations provided, look with in the payphone banks.
If sleeping in Las Vegas Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Best Western McCarran Inn - (6 min walk from the airport) Free airport shuttle service available daily from 5am to 11pm. For airport pick-up, call 702-798-5530.
- Travelodge Las Vegas North - (5 min from the airport) Free airport shuttle service available daily from 7am to 10pm. Call the hotel directly to arrange airport pick-up.
- Hyatt Place Las Vegas - (5 min from the airport) Free airport shuttle service available daily from 4am to Midnight. For airport pick-up, call 702-369-3366 and ask for the “Hotel Courtesy Shuttle”. Shuttle picks up from Terminal 1 (international) and Terminal 3 (domestic).
To find a cheap room, there is a list of hotels near Las Vegas Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price.
- Art Gallery - There are several exhibits throughout the terminals.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Yes, available throughout the airport (landside and airside).
- Aviation Museum - An entertaining and informative view of the history of aviation in Southern Nevada. Location: Terminal 1, landside, 2nd level, shopping area on the Esplanade. Hours: open 24 hours.
- Children's Play Area - Locations: D Gate, airside
- Currency Exchange - Travelex offers foreign exchange services. Locations: Terminal 1, baggage area • Terminal 3, E Gates. Additionally, there is a Wells Fargo Bank, located in the Terminal 1, Espanad, Level 2. Hours: Opens at 9:00AM but closing times vary between 4:00PM and 6:00PM
- Food & Drinks - At the time of this update it was not known if there are any 24-hour food or beverage concessions available at the airport. There are many food options, but here are a few that have extended hours: Auntie Anne’s (Hours: 4:00AM - 1:00AM. Location: Terminal D in the rotunda) • Starbucks (Hours: 3:00AM - unknown. Location: Esplanada Terminal 1).
- Information Desk - There are three information desks: Terminal 1, Baggage Claim • Terminal 1, Shopping Area, Esplanade • Terminal 3, E Gates.
- Kid's Play Area: Location: Terminal D, Level 2
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - Lockers are available airside at the Terminal 1, A Gates, B Gates, C Gates, D Gates • Terminal 3 E Gates. Items can be stored for up to 48 hours. Rates: $2/hour or $8/day (Medium and Large Lockers) • $3/hour or $12/day (Jumbo).
- Medical Services - McCarran Medical. Location: Esplanada, Terminal 1. Hours: Opens at 9:00AM but closing times vary between 2:00PM and 6:00PM
- Mobile Charging - You can charge you mobile devices for free at the Verizon Recharge Zones. Locations:Terminal 1, A Gates, B Gates, C Gates, D Gates • Terminal 3 E Gates. If you are in a rush, Rapid Charger can charge your devices twice as fast, but there is a fee to use. Location: Terminal 1, Gates A, B and Baggage Claim, Gates D, Shopping Area on the Esplanade • Terminal 3, Gates E.
- Pharmacy - Location: near the McCarran Medical Clinic. Hours: 9:30AM - 6:00PM (daily)
- Police - Locations: Esplanade (landside) • E Gates at Terminal 3 (airside)
- Showers - Showers are available in the Centurion Lounge.
- Slot Machines - This is Las Vegas after all, so you will find lots of slot machines around the airport. If you are trying to sleep, you will want to find an area away from these noisy machines. Bring ear plugs. Good luck!
- Smoking - Designated smoking areas are available in these areas: Barney's Lounge (C Gates) • Bud Track Lounge (Espanade) • Gaming Lounges (C, D & E Gates) • outdoors near the ticketing and baggage claim (landside).
- Spa - Xpress Spa. Locations and Hours: Terminal 1, Gate D, near Rotunda (Hours: 7:00AM - 11:00PM) • Terminal 1, Gate C (Hours: 8:00AM - 6:00PM, closed Tuesdays and Saturdays) • Terminal 3, Gate 3 (Hours: 8:00AM - 11:00PM).
The airport is open 24 hours.
Airport Transportation: Getting To/From The Airport
Bus service to and from the airport is operated by the Regional Transportation Commission of Southern Nevada (RTC). Terminal 1 is served by Route 108 (Paradise), Route 109 (Maryland Parkway), and the Westcliff Airport Express (WAX) route. The RTC bus stop for Terminal 1 can be found on Level Zero, outside of the terminal and to the right of the pedestrian crosswalk. Terminal 3 is served by the Westcliff Airport Express (WAX) and the Centennial Express routes. The RTC bus stop can be found on the west side of Level Zero.
RTC Paratransit service is available by reservation for eligible passengers. For information or to make a reservation, consult the RTC website or contact RTC by telephone.
Car rentals are handled at the McCarran Rent-A-Car Center, located three miles from the airport on 7135 Gilespie Street. Blue and white McCarran Rent-A-Car Center shuttle buses run to and from the airport every 5 minutes. To catch the shuttle from Terminal 1, follow the signs from baggage claim to Ground Transportation on Level 1. The Rental Car Shuttle stop is located at the center median outside of doors 10 and 11. To catch the shuttle from Terminal 3, follows the signs from baggage claim to Ground Transportation on Level Zero. The Rental Car Shuttle stop is located outside of exit doors 51- 54 (west side) and exit doors 55 - 58 (east side).
The following car rental agencies provide service at McCarran Rent-A-Car Center: Advantage, Alamo, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise, E-Z Rent A Car, Firefly, Hertz, National, Payless, Thrifty, and Zipcar.
Group shuttles are a shared ride service operating to and from the airport. Group shuttles make multiple stops according to the destinations requested by the passengers on board the shuttle. Not for those in a hurry, group shuttles are an economical and relaxing way to get to your hotel, resort, or other destination of your choice within the Las Vegas metro area. Contact one of the following group shuttle service providers for further information: Airline Shuttle, Bell Trans, Showtime Tours, and SuperShuttle.
Terminal 1: You can catch a group shuttle from the west side of the baggage claim area, outside of exit doors 7 - 13.
Terminal 3: Group shuttles can be found on the east or west sides of the terminal at Level Zero.
Several area hotels offer free airport shuttle service as a convenience for their guests. Hotel shuttles depart from Terminal 1, West side of Baggage Claim, outside doors 7 -13 • Terminal 3, Level 0. Contact your hotel of choice for shuttle service availability and information. Here are a few hotels that offer airport shuttle: Best Western McCarran Inn • Courtyard by Marriott Las Vegas South • DoubleTree by Hilton Las Vegas Airport • Embassy Suites by Hilton Las Vegas • Fairfield Inn & Suites Las Vegas South • Hampton Inn & Suites Las Vegas Airport • Hampton Inn Tropicana • Holiday Inn Express Las Vegas South • Homewood Suites Las Vegas Airport • Hyatt Place Las Vegas • La Quinta Inn & Suites Las Vegas Airport South • Residence Inn Las Vegas South • Staybridge Suites Las Vegas • Super 8 Las Vegas • Travelodge Las Vegas Airport North/Near the Strip.
Shuttle services are available for travel between the airport and communities outside of Las Vegas. Contact one of the following service providers for fares, schedules, and additional information: Aloha Airport Express, Commuter Services, Havasu Vegas Express, Integrity Shuttle, St. George Shuttle, and Tri-State Shuttle.
McCarran Airport operates courtesy shuttles between Terminals 1 and 3. The shuttles run every 12 to 15 minutes. If you need to get from one terminal to the other, look for shuttles with the McCarran International Airport logo. The Terminal 1 shuttle stop is located outside of the building on Level Zero, across the pedestrian walk towards the covered parking garage. The Terminal 3 shuttle stop is located outside in the center of the curb at Level Zero.
Arrive at your destination in style! Opt for walk-up limousine, which does not require prior arrangement and can be hired from Terminals 1 or 3. Luxury sedans, stretch limousines, and SUV’s are available for hire.
Terminal 1: Limousine queues can be found on the west side of the baggage claim area, outside of exit doors 7 - 13.
Terminal 3: Limousines can be found outside of the terminal on Level Zero. Limos on the west side of the terminal serve passengers arriving into the airport on domestic flights. Limos on the east side of the terminal serve passengers arriving into the airport on international flights.
Several companies provide licensed taxi service between the airport and the Las Vegas metro area. There is a $2.00 surcharge on all fares departing from the airport. Customers needing to pay their fare with a credit card should consult with an attendant prior to boarding a taxi, as not all taxis accept credit card payments.
Terminal 1: Queues for taxi service are available on the east side of baggage claim, outside of exit doors 1- 4.
Terminal 3: Taxis can be found outside of the terminal on Level Zero. Taxis on the west side of the terminal serve passengers arriving into the airport on domestic flights. Taxis on the east side of the terminal serve passengers arriving into the airport on international flights.
Last Updated: 08 June 2015
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airport's and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items quoted in the guide, email me.