Las Vegas Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Las Vegas Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
I don't believe I ever got to sleep, because all through the night this GIANT Wheel of Fortune slot machine aid...WHEEL......OF.....FORTUNE...followed by a loud roar from a "crowd". - Joe in Oregon
Slot machines at Baggage Claim. photo credit: Jerome / Wikipedia
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Las Vegas International Airport.
What to Expect
- Las Vegas Airport is made up of two terminals: Terminal 1 and Terminal 3. Terminal 1 contains 4 concourses (A, B, C, D Gates). The terminals and concourses are connected by a series of people movers and inter-terminal shuttles.
- Food and drink are available 24/7.
- Free WiFi is accessible throughout the airport. See WiFi in our airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- All chairs have armrests.
- Bring earplugs as automated announcements will be made during the night. And avoid the areas with slot machines!
- Several people mention cold temperatures in the terminals so bring a sweater or blanket.
- Pro Tip: You should be able to sleep comfortably down the hallway next to the Post Office on the second/esplanade level of Terminal 1 (BellaBunny, May 2014).
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport that provide a free airport shuttle. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Economy class passengers can pay to use one of the first class lounges. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below.
- There are plenty of electrical outlets to recharge devices.
- Showers are available at two airside lounges: The Club at LAS and, for American Express cardholders only, the Centurion Lounge. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Las Vegas Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
If you are an economy class traveller, you can enter these lounges at Las Vegas airport either by purchasing a lounge pass or through a membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details (ie. facilities, hours, pass and membership information):
- The Club at LAS - Location: Terminal 1, Airside, Gate D16, Concourse D. Hours: 6:00AM - 2:00AM (Daily). Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (US$ 35.00) • Book Online (£22.00) • Priority Pass.
- The Club at LAS - Location: Terminal 3, Airside, Gate E2. Showers are available. Hours: 8:00AM - 12:00AM (Daily). Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (US$ 35.00) • Book Online (£22.00) • Priority Pass.
- Centurion Lounge - A lounge exclusively for American Express cardholders. Location: Airside, D Gates. Lounge Access: American Express® Card Members can purchase a one day pass for US$50. Access is complimentary for Platinum and Centurion cardholders.
- United Club - Location: Terminal 1, Concourse D, airside. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (US$ 59.00) • United Club Membership.
USO Lounge - The USO offers a lounge to members of the US military and their families. Amenities include: WiFi, video games, TV lounge, toiletries, snacks, computers and a library. Location: Terminal 1, Mezzanine Level, near the A&B Security Gates checkpoint. Hours: open 24 hours.
Free WiFi is available in the airport. If you need to check your email, but don’t have a device to access internet from, you can use any of the Embarq pay-email devices located in payphone banks throughout the airport.
If sleeping in Las Vegas Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Best Western McCarran Inn - (6 min walk from the airport) Free airport shuttle service available daily from 5:00AM to 11:00PM. For airport pick-up, call 702-798-5530.
- Travelodge Las Vegas North - (5 min from the airport) Free airport shuttle service available daily from 7:00AM to 10:00PM. Call the hotel directly to arrange airport pick-up.
- Hyatt Place Las Vegas - (5 min from the airport) Free airport shuttle service available daily from 4:00AM to Midnight. For airport pick-up, call 702-369-3366 and ask for the “Hotel Courtesy Shuttle”. Shuttle picks up from Terminal 1 (international) and Terminal 3 (domestic).
To find a cheap room, there is a list of hotels near Las Vegas Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price.
- Art at the Airport - Art exhibitions are available throughout the airport.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - ATMs are located in T1 landside (Baggage Claim and Public Shopping Esplanade), T1 airside (A, B, C and D gates), Rental Car Center and T3 airside (E gates).
- Aviation Museum - The Howard W. Cannon Aviation Museum offers an entertaining and informative view of the history of aviation in Southern Nevada. The main exhibit is located in T1, landside on the Level 2 Esplanade, with additional exhibits in the ticketing area, boarding areas and along moving walkways throughout the airport. Hours: Open 24 hours.
- Baggage Carts - SmarteCarte baggage carts are available to use for a $5.00 fee, with a 25-cent refund upon return. Carts are not permitted airside past C and D security checkpoints, but can otherwise be found throughout the airport.
- Banking - A full-service Wells Fargo Bank is located landside in the T1 shopping Esplanade. Currency exchange service available.
- Children's Play Area - Location: T1, airside, D Gates, Level 2 (above the rotunda).
- Currency Exchange - Travelex offers services in T1 (landside, Baggage Claim) and T3 (airside, E Gates). Wells Fargo also offer currency exchange. See “Banking” for location.
- Duty Free & Shopping - The Duty Free Store by Nuance is located airside in T1 (D Gates) and T3 (E Gates). In additional to the wide variety of retail shops available, items can be purchased from 24-hour vending machines located airside in both terminals.
- Food & Drinks - Food concessions throughout the airport operate on varying schedules, with some open until as late as 1:00AM. At the time of this update, there are no 24-hour dining options. Vending machines are also available in the airport.
- Gaming - This is Las Vegas after all, so you will find lots of slot machines around the airport. If you are trying to sleep, you will want to find an area away from these noisy machines. Bring ear plugs. Good luck!
- Information Desk - There are three information desks: Terminal 1, Baggage Claim • Terminal 1, Shopping Area, Esplanade • Terminal 3, E Gates.
- Kid's Play Area - Location: Terminal D, Level 2
- Medical Services - McCarran Medical. Location: Esplanada, Terminal 1. Hours: Opens at 9:00AM but closing times vary between 2:00PM and 6:00PM
- Mobile Charging - Need a charge? Power outlets are readily available throughout the terminal. In the gated areas of both terminals, you will also find seats with built-in power outlets and Recharge Zone workstations for charging laptops, all free to use. For a small fee, ChargeCarte Rapid Chargers can charge your electronics at twice the speed, and are available throughout the airport.
- Pharmacy - Location: near the McCarran Medical Clinic. Hours: 9:30AM - 6:00PM (daily)
- Police - LV Metro police substations are located landside in T1 (shopping Esplanade) and airside in T3 (E Gates).
- Showers - Showers are available in a few of the lounges. [ see Airport Lounges above ]
- Smoking - Designated smoking areas are available in these areas: Barney's Lounge (C Gates) • Bud Track Lounge (Espanade) • Gaming Lounges (C, D & E Gates) • outdoors near the ticketing and baggage claim (landside).
- Spa - Manicures, pedicures, facials, massages and more available at XpresSpa. Location: T1, airside, C and D Gates • T3, airside, E Gates.
- Walking Paths - Stretch your legs or break a sweat along one of the Fly Fit! designated walking routes. The paths, ranging from .5 to 1.5 miles, are located within T1 (A/B Gates, Esplanade and D Gates) and T3 (E Gates). Visit the McCarran Airport’s official website FlyFit! page for maps.
The airport is open 24 hours.
Keep in mind that TSA, airline check-in and baggage drop hours vary according the flight schedule. Check these hours with your airline. If you are in the public area of the terminal (landside) you will not be able to get through to the secure area of the terminal (airside) until the morning.
Bus service to and from the airport is operated by the Regional Transportation Commission of Southern Nevada (RTC). Terminal 1 is served by Route 108 (Paradise), Route 109 (Maryland Parkway), and the Westcliff Airport Express (WAX) route. The RTC bus stop for Terminal 1 can be found on Level Zero, outside of the terminal and to the right of the pedestrian crosswalk. Terminal 3 is served by the Westcliff Airport Express (WAX) and the Centennial Express routes. The RTC bus stop can be found on the west side of Level Zero.
RTC Paratransit service is available by reservation for eligible passengers. For information or to make a reservation, consult the RTC website or contact RTC by telephone.
Car rentals are handled at the McCarran Rent-A-Car Center, located three miles from the airport on 7135 Gilespie Street. Blue and white McCarran Rent-A-Car Center shuttle buses run to and from the airport every 5 minutes. To catch the shuttle from Terminal 1, follow the signs from baggage claim to Ground Transportation on Level 1. The Rental Car Shuttle stop is located at the center median outside of doors 10 and 11. To catch the shuttle from Terminal 3, follows the signs from baggage claim to Ground Transportation on Level Zero. The Rental Car Shuttle stop is located outside of exit doors 51- 54 (west side) and exit doors 55 - 58 (east side).
The following car rental agencies provide service at McCarran Rent-A-Car Center: Advantage, Alamo, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise, E-Z Rent A Car, Firefly, Hertz, National, Payless, Thrifty, and Zipcar.
Group shuttles are a shared ride service operating to and from the airport. Group shuttles make multiple stops according to the destinations requested by the passengers on board the shuttle. Not for those in a hurry, group shuttles are an economical and relaxing way to get to your hotel, resort, or other destination of your choice within the Las Vegas metro area. Contact one of the following group shuttle service providers for further information: Airline Shuttle, Bell Trans, Showtime Tours, and SuperShuttle.
Terminal 1: You can catch a group shuttle from the west side of the baggage claim area, outside of exit doors 7 - 13.
Terminal 3: Group shuttles can be found on the east or west sides of the terminal at Level Zero.
Several area hotels offer free airport shuttle service as a convenience for their guests. Hotel shuttles depart from Terminal 1, West side of Baggage Claim, outside doors 7 -13 • Terminal 3, Level 0. Contact your hotel of choice for shuttle service availability and information. Here are a few hotels that offer airport shuttle: Best Western McCarran Inn • Courtyard by Marriott Las Vegas South • DoubleTree by Hilton Las Vegas Airport • Embassy Suites by Hilton Las Vegas • Fairfield Inn & Suites Las Vegas South • Hampton Inn & Suites Las Vegas Airport • Hampton Inn Tropicana • Holiday Inn Express Las Vegas South • Homewood Suites Las Vegas Airport • Hyatt Place Las Vegas • La Quinta Inn & Suites Las Vegas Airport South • Residence Inn Las Vegas South • Staybridge Suites Las Vegas • Super 8 Las Vegas • Travelodge Las Vegas Airport North/Near the Strip.
Shuttle services are available for travel between the airport and communities outside of Las Vegas. Contact one of the following service providers for fares, schedules, and additional information: Aloha Airport Express, Commuter Services, Havasu Vegas Express, Integrity Shuttle, St. George Shuttle, and Tri-State Shuttle.
McCarran Airport operates courtesy shuttles between Terminals 1 and 3. The shuttles run every 12 to 15 minutes. If you need to get from one terminal to the other, look for shuttles with the McCarran International Airport logo. The Terminal 1 shuttle stop is located outside of the building on Level Zero, across the pedestrian walk towards the covered parking garage. The Terminal 3 shuttle stop is located outside in the center of the curb at Level Zero.
Arrive at your destination in style! Opt for walk-up limousine, which does not require prior arrangement and can be hired from Terminals 1 or 3. Luxury sedans, stretch limousines, and SUV’s are available for hire.
Terminal 1: Limousine queues can be found on the west side of the baggage claim area, outside of exit doors 7 - 13.
Terminal 3: Limousines can be found outside of the terminal on Level Zero. Limos on the west side of the terminal serve passengers arriving into the airport on domestic flights. Limos on the east side of the terminal serve passengers arriving into the airport on international flights.
Several companies provide licensed taxi service between the airport and the Las Vegas metro area. There is a $2.00 surcharge on all fares departing from the airport. Customers needing to pay their fare with a credit card should consult with an attendant prior to boarding a taxi, as not all taxis accept credit card payments.
Terminal 1: Queues for taxi service are available on the east side of baggage claim, outside of exit doors 1- 4.
Terminal 3: Taxis can be found outside of the terminal on Level Zero. Taxis on the west side of the terminal serve passengers arriving into the airport on domestic flights. Taxis on the east side of the terminal serve passengers arriving into the airport on international flights.
Last Updated: 17 June 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.