Whether you have a layover, overnight sleepover or you are just quickly passing through, our Las Vegas Airport Guide is a great place to start planning your visit. Here, you’ll find information on services and facilities available inside the airport – including details about airport lounges, WiFi, mobile charging points, lockers, 24-hour food options, nearby hotels, and everything in between.
I don’t believe I ever got to sleep, because all through the night this GIANT Wheel of Fortune slot machine aid…WHEEL……OF…..FORTUNE…followed by a loud roar from a “crowd”. – Joe in Oregon
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us about their time at Las Vegas McCarran Airport.
What to Expect
Las Vegas McCarran Airport is a mid-sized airport with two terminals – Terminal 1 and 3. Terminal 1 has three concourses (A, B and C), and Terminal 3 has one (E). The D concourse is a satellite concourse accessed from both terminals. The entire airport is connected by a series of people movers and inter-terminal shuttles.
Food and drink options are generally good, with a number of places open 24 hours a day. Amenities include a fitness facility, a walking track and – of course – 1300 slot machines! There is also free WiFi, and there are plenty of power outlets for charging devices. For those looking for a little added comfort, there are first class lounges, two of which have showers, that economy class passengers can pay to access. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
Where to Sleep
Overall, Las Vegas Airport isn’t great for airport sleepers. Most of the chairs have armrests, announcements are made overnight, and temperatures can be quite cold. That said, if you have to sleep here, there are a few options. Couches are located landside in Terminal 1 by the sound-free slot machines, airside in Terminal 1 near the D gates behind Starbucks, and in Terminal 3 near the stairs to luggage claim or between gate E9. There is also a quiet hallway next to the post office on the second level of Terminal 1. No matter where you go, bring noise cancelling headphones or earplugs and a warm layer to stay comfortable. Explore our guide to sleeping in Las Vegas Airport or read some traveller reviews for more tips. If you’re looking for uninterrupted sleep, there are sleep rooms located at the fitness facility, and there are hotels nearby, that are connected by shuttles. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
In this guide we may refer to locations as “landside” and “airside”. Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
Pay-per-use, Single Visit Passes & Lounge Memberships
Regardless of what class of service you are flying, there are lounges that you can enter by paying at the door, purchasing a lounge pass or through a lounge membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details about the lounge itself and to also find out how you can gain lounge access with just an economy class ticket!
Passes The Club at LAS (Terminal 1) – Location: Terminal 1, Airside, Gate D16, Concourse D. Showers are available. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door • Prepaid lounge passes • Lounge membership programs. [ more lounge info ]
Passes The Club at LAS (Terminal 3) – Location: Terminal 3, Airside, Gate E2. Showers and a designated rest zone are available. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door • Prepaid lounge passes • Lounge membership programs. [ more lounge info ]
If sleeping in Las Vegas Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Best Western McCarran Inn – (5 minutes from the airport) Free airport shuttle is available daily from 5:00AM to 11:00PM. » Check Rates
- Travelodge Las Vegas North – (5 minutes from the airport) Free airport shuttle is available from 7:00AM to 10:00PM. » Check Rates
- Hyatt Place Las Vegas – (5 minutes from the airport) Free airport shuttle departs the airport on the hour and half hour. Shuttle picks up from Terminal 1 and Terminal 3 (domestic and international). » Check Rates
- Homewood Suites by Hilton Las Vegas Airport – (5 minutes from the airport) Free shuttle available. » Check Rates
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Las Vegas Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- Zero Level Fitness – Two sleep rooms are available to rent by the hour inside the airport gym. Each room comes equipped with a single bed and access to fridge, microwave, luggage storage, showers, lockers and saunas and the fitness center. Rates are $12/Hour, $60 (10 Hours) or $100 (20 Hours). Hours: Open 24 hours during the week and 8:00AM – 6:00PM on weekends. Location: Terminal 1. Take the elevator from behind Baggage Claim #10 to Level 0.
Free WiFi is available in the airport. If you need to check your email, but don’t have a device to access internet from, you can use any of the Embarq pay-email devices located in payphone banks throughout the airport.
- Postal Services – Drop off your last minute postcards at the airport’s mailboxes. Available at C, D and E Gates. Airport Mailers are also available should you have an item rejected at Security. Self-serve mailers can be found at all security checkpoints.
- WiFi – see “Airport WiFi/Internet” above.
- Baby Care Facilities – Private nursing suites are available which offer a bench, a table and outlets with USB ports. Locations: Terminal 1 at Gates A/B/C • D Concourse • Terminal 3, Gate E. Baby change facilities can be found throughout the airport in family washrooms.
- Children’s Play Area – Location: T1, airside, D Gates, Level 2 (above the rotunda).
- Fitness – When you get tired of just sitting (and sleeping) around the airport, burn off some energy at ZEROlevel Fitness gym. The facility includes a large cardio floor, weight machine floor, free weights, group fitness studio, showers, sauna, and more. The facility also has two sleep rooms [ see Airport Hotels above ] A day pass for the fitness center is $25. Location: T1, landside, Esplanade. Hours: Open 24 hours during the week and 8:00AM – 6:00PM on weekends.
- Walking Path – When your idea of airport exercise doesn’t include tight connections and frantic running to the next gate, enjoy your time at the airport with a more leisurely stroll or power walk along one of the designated walking paths. The FlyFit! walking routes range from from .5 to 1.5 miles. Location: T1 (A/B Gates, Esplanade and D Gates) and T3 (E Gates). Note: this may only be realistic if you are travelling light as there is no luggage storage available.
Food & Drinks
- Food & Drinks – Food concessions throughout the airport operate on varying schedules, the following are open 24-hours: Jersey Mike’s Subs (T1, C Gates) • Nathan’s Famous (T1, C Gates). Vending machines are also available in the airport.
- Information Desk – There are two information desks: Terminal 1, Baggage Claim • Terminal 3, E Gates.
- Baggage Carts – Need a hand with your luggage? Baggage carts (Smarte Carte) are available throughout the airport. Carts are not permitted airside past C and D security checkpoints. Rates: $5.00 per cart, with a 25-cent refund upon return.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers – Not available.
- Medical Services & Pharmacy – Preventative care, first aid, and emergency medical treatment is available at the Code 3 Urgent Care & Pharmacy. Location: T1, landside, Esplanade (near TSA security gates A and B). Hours: 6:00AM – 10:00PM.
- Mobile Charging – Need a charge? Power outlets are readily available throughout the terminal. In the gated areas of both terminals, you will also find seats with built-in power outlets and Recharge Zone workstations for charging laptops, all free to use. For a small fee, ChargeCarte Rapid Chargers can charge your electronics at twice the speed, and are available throughout the airport.
- ATMs / Cash Machines – Need cash? ATMs are available. Fees may apply, so be sure to check your bank’s fee schedule and your daily withdrawal limit if you are travelling internationally. You may also want to notify your bank of your travel plans. Locations: T1, Landside (Baggage Claim and Public Shopping Esplanade) • T1, Airside (A, B, C and D gates) • Rental Car Center • T3 airside (E gates).
- Banking Services – A full-service Wells Fargo Bank is located landside in the T1 shopping Esplanade. Currency exchange service available. Hours: 9:00AM – 5:00PM (Mon – Fri), 10:00AM – 2:00PM (Sat) and closed Sundays.
- Currency Exchange – Travelex offers services in T1 (landside, Baggage Claim. Hours: 8:00AM – 10:0PM) and T3 (airside, E Gates. Hours: 10:00AM – 10:0PM). Wells Fargo also offer currency exchange. See “Banking” for location.
- Pet Relief Area – Designated outdoor pet relief areas are available outside of Terminal 1 on the Baggage Claim and Ticketing levels, and outside of Terminal 3 on the Departures level. Indoor pet relief areas are available airside in Terminal 1, near A/B/C gates and D gates, and airside in Terminal 3, near the E Gates.
Rest & Relaxation
- Hotels – see “Airport Hotels” above.
- Lounges – see “Airport Lounges” above.
- Rest Zones – Not available.
- Police – LV Metro police substations are located landside in T1 (shopping Esplanade) and airside in T3 (E Gates).
- Duty Free & Shopping – The Duty Free Store by Nuance is located airside in T1 (D Gates) and T3 (E Gates). In additional to the wide variety of retail shops available, items can be purchased from 24-hour vending machines (over the counter medication, electronics, make-up, etc. located airside in both terminals. There is a 24 hour Hudson News located in T1, Landside, Esplanada.
Showers, Salon & Spa
- Showers – Showers are available inside the Club at LAS lounge (Terminal 1 and 3), Centurion Lounge (Terminal 1) and Zero Fitness (Terminal 1). For access information and rates see Airport Lounges and Fitness sections.
- Spa – Manicures, pedicures, facials, massages and more available at XpresSpa. Location: T1, airside, D Gates (Hours: 6:45AM – 11:15PM) • T3, airside, E Gates (Hours: 8:00AM – 11:00PM).
- Smoking – Designated smoking areas are available in these areas: Barney’s Lounge (C Gates) • Bud Track Lounge (Espanade) • Gaming Lounges (C, D & E Gates) • outdoors near the ticketing and baggage claim (landside).
Things to do & see
- Art at the Airport – Art exhibitions are available throughout the airport.
- Aviation Museum – The Howard W. Cannon Aviation Museum offers an entertaining and informative view of the history of aviation in Southern Nevada. The main exhibit is located in T1, landside on the Level 2 Esplanade, with additional exhibits in the ticketing area, boarding areas and along moving walkways throughout the airport. Hours: Open 24 hours.
- Gaming – This is Las Vegas after all, so you will find lots of slot machines around the airport. If you are trying to sleep, you will want to find an area away from these noisy machines. Bring ear plugs. Good luck!
The airport is open 24 hours.
Keep in mind that TSA, airline check-in and baggage drop hours vary according to the flight schedule. Check these hours with your airline. If you are in the public area of the terminal (landside) you will not be able to get through to the secure area of the terminal (airside) until the morning.
Do you have a long layover? With the proper documentation and a long enough layover, you may have time to leave the airport and do some sightseeing. Here are a few Las Vegas Airport Layover Sightseeing ideas. As this is a new page, if you have a suggestion for other layover sightseeing options, click here to update this airport guide and we will add it to the list.
As of May 2019, Las Vegas airport is served by the following airlines: Aeromexico • Air Canada • Alaska Airlines • Allegiant Airlines • American Airlines • British Airways • Condor • Contour • Copa • Delta • Edelweiss • El Al Airlines • Eurowings • Frontier Airlines • Hainan Airlines • Hawaiian Airlines • InterJet • JetBlue • Korean Airlines • OAI • Southwest Airlines • Spirit Airlines • Sun Country • SWOOP • Thomas Cook Airlines • United Airlines • Virgin Atlantic • Vivaaerobus • Volaris • WestJet.
Bus service to and from the airport is operated by the Regional Transportation Commission of Southern Nevada (RTC). Terminal 1 is served by Route 108 (Paradise), Route 109 (Maryland Parkway), and the Westcliff Airport Express (WAX) route. The RTC bus stop for Terminal 1 can be found on Level Zero, outside of the terminal and to the right of the pedestrian crosswalk. Terminal 3 is served by the Westcliff Airport Express (WAX) and the Centennial Express routes. The RTC bus stop can be found on the west side of Level Zero.
RTC Paratransit service is available by reservation for eligible passengers. For information or to make a reservation, consult the RTC website or contact RTC by telephone.
Car rentals are handled at the McCarran Rent-A-Car Center, located three miles from the airport on 7135 Gilespie Street. Blue and white McCarran Rent-A-Car Center shuttle buses run to and from the airport every 5 minutes.
The following car rental agencies provide service at McCarran Rent-A-Car Center: Advantage, Alamo, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise, E-Z Rent A Car, Hertz, National, Payless and Thrifty.
Group shuttles are a shared ride service operating to and from the airport. Group shuttles make multiple stops according to the destinations requested by the passengers on board the shuttle. For more information, visit the Las Vegas Airport website.
Several area hotels offer free airport shuttle service as a convenience for their guests. Hotel shuttles depart from Terminal 1, West side of Baggage Claim, outside doors 7 -13 • Terminal 3, Level 0. Contact your hotel of choice for shuttle service availability and information. Here are a few hotels that offer airport shuttle: Best Western McCarran Inn • Courtyard Las Vegas South • DoubleTree by Hilton Las Vegas Airport • Embassy Suites by Hilton Las Vegas • Fairfield Inn & Suites Las Vegas South • Hampton Inn & Suites Las Vegas Airport • Hampton Inn Tropicana • Holiday Inn Express Las Vegas South • Homewood Suites Las Vegas Airport • Hyatt Place Las Vegas • La Quinta Inn & Suites Las Vegas Airport South • Residence Inn Las Vegas South • Staybridge Suites Las Vegas • Super 8 Las Vegas • Travelodge Las Vegas Airport North/Near the Strip.
Shuttle services are available for travel between the airport and communities outside of Las Vegas. For fares, schedules, and additional information, visit the Las Vegas Airport website.
McCarran Airport operates courtesy shuttles between Terminals 1 and 3. The shuttles run every 12 to 15 minutes. If you need to get from one terminal to the other, look for shuttles with the McCarran International Airport logo. The Terminal 1 shuttle stop is located outside of the building on Level Zero, across the pedestrian walk towards the covered parking garage. The Terminal 3 shuttle stop is located outside in the center of the curb at Level Zero.
Arrive at your destination in style! Opt for walk-up limousine, which does not require prior arrangement and can be hired from Terminals 1 or 3. Luxury sedans, stretch limousines, and SUV’s are available for hire.
Terminal 1: Limousine queues can be found on the west side of the baggage claim area, outside of exit doors 7 – 13.
Terminal 3: Limousines can be found outside of the terminal on Level Zero. Limos on the west side of the terminal serve passengers arriving into the airport on domestic flights. Limos on the east side of the terminal serve passengers arriving into the airport on international flights.
Several companies provide licensed taxi service between the airport and the Las Vegas metro area. There is a $2.00 surcharge on all fares departing from the airport. Customers needing to pay their fare with a credit card should consult with an attendant prior to boarding a taxi, as not all taxis accept credit card payments.
Terminal 1: Queues for taxi service are available on the east side of baggage claim, outside of exit doors 1- 4.
Terminal 3: Taxis can be found outside of the terminal on Level Zero. Taxis on the west side of the terminal serve passengers arriving into the airport on domestic flights. Taxis on the east side of the terminal serve passengers arriving into the airport on international flights.
Last updated: 2019-07-15
This guide is for informational purposes only to assist with your planning. All information, including rates and hours, are subject to change at any time without notice. The information in this airport guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports, lounges, hotels, transportation providers and their web sites. We are not representatives of any of the above mentioned service providers. To report errors or to add/update any items mentioned in the guide: update the airport guide or write a review.