San Luis Obispo Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our San Luis Obispo Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the name of a hotel near the airport in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
I think possibly the staff at America West express were drug addicts. At least this particular woman appeared to be highly disoriented, delusional etc. -a traveller
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at San Luis Obispo Airport.
What to Expect
- This is a small airport with a single terminal.
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
- We have not received any reviews on this airport since 2007. If you have been there recently, please write a review.
Where to Sleep
- The airport is closed at night, sleeping here is not permitted.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our San Luis Obispo Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
There are no pay-per-use lounges at the airport.
Free WiFi is available at San Luis Obispo Airport.
If sleeping in San Luis Obispo Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- The Madonna Inn - (9 minutes from the airport) Free airport shuttle available daily from 8:00AM to 7:00PM.
- Quality Suites Central Coast - (10 minutes from the airport) Free airport shuttle service available.
- Avenue Inn Downtown San Luis Obispo - (9 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near San Luis Obispo Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Food & Drinks - The Runway Cafe and Gift Shop is the only in-terminal dining option, located landside in the lobby, to the right of the entrance doors. Hours: 5:00AM - 5:00PM. Vending machines are available airside. To the east of the airport terminal is Spirit of San Luis Restaurant. Hours: 7:00AM - 8:00PM Mon-Fri (Open at 9:00AM on Sunday).
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - not available
- Showers - not available
The airport is open 4:30AM - 12:30AM (or until the last flight arrives).
Onsite car rental agencies include Avis, Budget, Enterprise and Hertz.
Ride-On Transportation and Smart Shuttle offer shared-ride door-to-door shuttle service to and from the airport. Contact your service provider of choice for service area and fare information.
Taxis are available in the ground transportation area of the airport terminal during airport hours of operation. All taxis are metered, and reservations are not required.
Last Updated: 24 June 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.