Santa Barbara Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Santa Barbara Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the name of a hotel near the airport in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, here is a quick run-down of what to expect during your time at Santa Barbara Airport.
What to Expect
- The airport is open 24-hours. No eateries are available overnight.
- The brand new terminal opened in 2011, with current routes to a few cities in the western U.S.
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- As of February 2017, we have no reviews from travellers who have used this airport. Write a review to help future travellers!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Santa Barbara Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
There are no pay-per-use lounges at the airport.
Free WiFi is available at Santa Barbara Airport.
If sleeping in Santa Barbara Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Super 8 Santa Barbara/Goleta - (2 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle.
- Motel 6 Santa Barbara - Goleta - (5 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle.
- Hampton Inn Santa Barbara/Goleta - (5 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle.
- Best Western Plus Encina Inn & Suites - (10 minutes from the airport) Free roundtrip airport shuttle.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Santa Barbara Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- Baggage Carts - Available in the baggage claim area
- Food & Drinks - Food concessions in the airport operate with varying schedules. At the time of this update, there are no 24-hour dining options. Food options include: La Mission Cafe (landside) • Costa Terraza Restaurant & Tapas Bar (airside) • The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf (airside).
- Information Desk - Staffed by volunteers, the Rickard Terminal Visitor Information Desk offers information on airport services and the local area.
- Mobile Charging - Charging stations for laptops, mobile phones and other devices, are available on the 2nd floor of the terminal.
The airport is open 24 hours a day. Travellers who need to sleep in the airport should go to the baggage claim area, which is open 24 hours.
Last Updated: 27 June 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.