Seattle SeaTac Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Seattle Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
There are some full length couches where you can lay flat on at Gate A14. They are so comfortable! - a guest reviewer
What to Expect
- The Seattle Airport has four terminals. The Main terminal and the Central terminal are adjacent to each other and can be navigated by walking. The two satellite terminals (North and South) are reached via short trains.
- There are several 24 hour food concessions available. Food and shopping options are much more prevalent airside, but there are some vending machines and a Starbucks available before security.
- Free WiFi is available throughout the airport. See WiFi below.
Where to Sleep
- Several reviewers warned of loud TVs and announcements, even late at night, so earplugs are recommended if you want to sleep.
- Since this is a 24 hour airport, you can stay in the secure/airside area at night.
- Airside - Most of the seats in Seattle airport are partitioned by armrests. However, there are long, padded benches that are nice for sleeping around Gate A14 or near the end of Concourse C (Gate 10). Avoid C9 and C17, as there are a lot of TVs in the area.
- Landside - There is a meditation room on the 2nd level of the main terminal that offers peace, quiet, and comfy benches. Beyond that, places to sleep are limited.
- There are no hotels located directly at the airport. However, there a many nearby hotels that offer a free airport shuttle. See Airport Hotels below.
Good to Know
- A variety of intriguing art installations by local Seattle artists can be found throughout the airport.
- Economy class passengers can find comfort in one of the lounges that are accessible with a lounge pass or Priority Pass membership. See Airport Lounges below for locations and rates.
Have you been to Seattle Airport recently? Write a Review!
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
If you are an economy class traveller, you can enter these lounges at Seattle airport either by purchasing a lounge pass or through a membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details (ie. facilities, hours, pass and membership information):
- Alaska Airlines Board Room - Location: Airside, Concourse D, near Gate D1. Hours: 5:00AM - 12:00AM (Daily). Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (US$ 45.00) • Priority Pass • Alaska Airlines Board Room Membership.
- Alaska Airlines Board Room - Location: North Satellite, Airside, between Gates N1 and N2. Hours: 5:00AM - 12:00AM (Daily). Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (US$ 45.00) • Priority Pass • Alaska Airlines Board Room Membership.
- Delta Sky Club - Location: Airside, between Gate S8 and S9. Showers are available. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (US$50.00) • Delta Sky Club Membership.
- The Club at SEA - Location: Airside, Concourse A, across from Gate A11. Hours: 9:30AM - 7:00PM (Mon) • 9:30AM - 5:30PM (Tues - Sun). Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (US$ 35) • Book Online (£22) • Priority Pass.
- The Club at SEA - Location: Airside, South Satellite, next to Gate S9. Hours: 6:00AM - 5:30PM (Daily) . Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (US$ 35) • Book Online (£22) • Priority Pass.
- United Club - Location: Airside, Concourse A, Airside, gate A9.Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (US$ 50.00) • United Club Membership.
- Centurion Lounge - Location: Airside, Concourse B, opposite Gate B3. Hours: 5:00AM - 10:00PM. Lounge Access: American Express® Card Members can purchase a one day pass for US$50. Access is complimentary for Platinum and Centurion cardholders.
USO Lounge - The USO offers a lounge to members of the military and their families. Amenities include: WiFi, video games, TV lounge, snacks, sleeping area, showers, computers, library, and a child care area. Location: Main terminal, Landside, Mezzanine Level, 2nd Floor. Hours: open 24 hours.
Free WiFi is available at Seattle SeaTac Airport.
If sleeping in Seattle Airport does not appeal to you, there are many hotels near the airport:
- Hilton Seattle Airport & Conference Center- (3 min ride from the airport) Free 24-hr airport shuttle service.
- Red Roof Inn Seattle Airport SEATAC - (4 min ride from the airport) Free 24-hr airport shuttle runs every 20 minutes from 4:00AM to 12:00PM (noon). Outside of those hours, call the hotel for times and pick-up/drop-off locations.
- Red Lion Hotel Seattle Airport - (4 min from the airport) Free 24-hr airport shuttle service.
- La Quinta Inn & Suites Seattle SeaTac Airport - (4 min from the airport) Free airport shuttle service available from 4:00AM to 1:00AM.
- Coast Gateway Hotel - (6 min from the airport) Free 24-hr airport shuttle service available
To find a cheap room, there is a list of hotels near Seattle Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price.
- Airport Art - Enjoy SEA-TAC's diverse art collection, which features contemporary work in glass, sculpture, photography, painting and sound. [ brochure ]
- ATMs / Cash Machines - ATMs are located throughout the airport (landside and airside).
- Baggage Carts - SmarteCartes are available for a fee. Rate: unknown.
- Children's Play Areas - Locations: Central Terminal • Concourse A
- Currency Exchange - Travelex has offices in the Main Terminal (ticketing level) • Main Terminal (baggage claim) • Concourse A • South Satellite.
- E-mail Phones: I have no idea what these are....but apparently you can find them here at SEA-TAC. Internet-enabled phones that give you high-speed access to e-mail and the internet are available throughout the Airport.
- Food & Drinks:
There are several 24 hour food concessions available at Seattle airport.
- Landside: Starbucks (Main Terminal, Ticketing) • McDonald's (near B1) • vending machines.
- Airside: Dilettante Chocolates & Mocha Cafe (Central Terminal) • Dilettante Chocolates & Mocha Cafe (N Gates) • Qdoba Restaurant (Central Terminal) • Starbucks (Central Terminal Kiosk) • vending machines.
- Landside: Starbucks (Main Terminal, Ticketing) • McDonald's (near B1) • vending machines.
- Information Desk - Airport Volunteers can be seen providing assistance throughout the airport, look for the blue jackets.
- Live music - Live music is performed Mon-Fri throughout the airport under a program called Experience the City of Music.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - There are no lockers. Baggage can be stored at the Ken's Baggage Storage & Rentals office. Located landside on the Baggage Claim level between Carousels 12 & 13. Rates from $2.50-12.00 per 24 hour period. Hours: 5:30AM - 12:30AM.
- Massages - Available at the Massage Bar. Locations: Concourse C, and the North Satellite
- Meditation Room - The meditation rooms is now closed and has been converted into office space with no public access. Thanks to a local reader for letting us know!
- Mobile and MP3 Chargers - free electrical outlets are available under the seats at most gates in Concourses A, B and the South Satellite.
Landside - Ticketing Level - In the seating area at the exit from Concourse B.
Landside - Baggage Claim - Between Carousels 12 & 13, next to the ATM
Airside - Concourse A - Next to Tully's
Airside - Concourse B - Gate B2
Airside - Concourse C - Next to the Emerald City Lounge
Airside - Concourse D - In shoeshine alcove, end of Concourse by gates D8 – D12
Cost: $3 per use.
- Movie and Portable Entertainment rentals - InMotion Entertainment offers electronics, accessories, movie and game rentals for your trip or extended stay at the airport. Located airside Concourse C. Hours: 6:00AM - 10:00PM.
- Rest Zone - A quiet zone has been set up with plenty of seating and power outlets. Location: Airside, Gate B4
- Showers - Available in the Delta Airlines SkyClub. [ see Airport Lounges above ]
- Smoking - There are two areas on airport grounds where smoking is permitted but you are going to have a bit of a hike to reach them. (1) North end of the Lower Drive (Baggage Claim level), North of door 26, across the small parking lot, adjacent to the stairs that lead to the cruise tent lot (2) South end of the Lower Drive (Baggage Claim level)
The airport is open 24 hours.
Keep in mind that TSA, airline check-in and baggage drop hours vary according the flight schedule. Check these hours with your airline. If you are in the public area of the terminal (landside) you will not be able to get through to the secure area of the terminal (airside) until the morning. The TSA security screening checkpoint hours vary according to location:
- Checkpoint #1 (South): 9:00AM - 1:00PM (cruise passengers only)
- Checkpoint #2: 4:00AM - 8:00PM
- Checkpoint #3 (Central): open 24 hours
- Checkpoint #4: 4:00AM - 8:00PM
- Checkpoint #5 (North): 4:00AM - 1:30PM
Light Rail is a good option for transportation from the airport to the Amtrak Station located at King Street Station. The SeaTac Airport station is located on the fourth floor of the airport parking garage. Service runs from 5:00AM to 1:00AM (Monday - Saturday) and 6:00AM - 12:00AM (Sunday). Take the Link Local towards Link to Seattle. Exit at International District/Chinatown. Then walk 3 minutes to King Street Station. Allow 45 minutes of travel time.
For taxi service instead, taxi stands are located on the third floor of the parking garage. Travel by car should be about 20-25 minutes.
King County Metro Buses stop on the street adjacent to the Sea-Tac Airport LINK Light Rail station. From within the airport parking garage, take the walkway through the north end of the 4th floor to the LINK station, and exit to International Blvd. Departure times are available on posted bus stop signs, printed timetables at the Information Booth on the baggage claim level near Door 16 (opposite carousel 12), or at the King County Metro Transit website.
Bus stops for Sound Transit Express Routes 560 and 574 are located on the lower drive of the main terminal. Schedules and fare information is available on the Sound Transit website.
Sea-Tac Airport has a dedicated Rental Car Facility, accessible by free 24-hour shuttle service from the north and south ends of the main terminal, outside of baggage claim. Many major car rental companies operate from within the Rental Car Facility, but Rent-A-Wreck provides a courtesy shuttle to its off-site location from the Sea-Tac Airport Rental Car Facility.
Many local hotels and private parking lots provide airport shuttle service as a courtesy to their patrons. Shuttle stops are located on the 3rd floor of the parking garage at Islands 1 and 3. Ask your hotel or parking lot operator directly for shuttle service availability. The following hotels offer airport shuttle service: Cedarbrook Lodge • Clarion Hotel Seattle Airport • Coast Gateway Hotel • Crowne Plaza Seattle Airport • Days Inn Seattle/Sea-Tac International Airport • Doubletree by Hilton Seattle Airport • Hampton Inn and Suites Seattle-Airport/28th Ave • Hilton Seattle Airport & Conference Center • La Quinta Inn & Suites Seattle Sea-Tac Airport • Radisson Hotel Seattle Airport • Ramada Suites SeaTac Airport • Red Lion Hotel Seattle Airport • Red Roof Inn Seattle Airport - SEATAC • Rodeway Inn SeaTac • Super 8 Seattle.
Shared Ride Shuttle
Several companies provide door-to-door shared ride or exclusive ride transfer service between the airport and destinations throughout the Seattle metropolitan area up to Vancouver, BC. Contact your service provider for rates, service areas and airport pick-up locations, or inquire at the Information Booth located on the 3rd floor of the airport parking garage.
Taxi stands are located on the 3rd floor of the parking garage. Both sedans and 8 - 10 passenger taxis are available.
Sea-Tac Airport is connected to the city by the LINK Light Rail system. There is a LINK station on the 4th floor of the airport parking garage, and connected to the airport terminal via covered skybridge one level down on the mezzanine. Trains run every 7.5 - 15 minutes from 5:00AM - 1:00AM Monday - Saturday (6:00AM - 12:00AM on Sunday). For further information, go to the Sound Transit website.
Last Updated: 12 May 2015
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airport's and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.