Seattle SeaTac Airport
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Seattle Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
If it wasn't for the overhead noise, Sea-Tac would be five stars. - danny1722
My sister and I had an 8 hour layover in the wee hours of the morning at this airport. Being here for the first time, I searched on this website and read a review about there being a bench in one of the D gates. We found no bench and ended up sleeping on the floor behind some seats. In the morning we decided to walk to our gate, and discovered that the C gates have cushioned armrest-less seats. The C16 area.. The C12 area... My back is sad but hopefully someone else gets to sleep here!"
Have you been to Seattle Airport recently? Tell us about it!
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
Day passes can be puchased to enter any of the airline lounges at the Seattle airport:
- Delta Sky Club - Location: Airside, between Gate S8 and S9
- United Club - Location: Airside, Concourse B, Airside, gate B9
- United Club - Location: Airside, Concourse N, Airside, Transit Level
- Alaska Airlines Board Room - Location: Airside, Concourse D, near Gate D1. Hours: 5am - 1030pm.
USO Lounge - The USO offers a lounge to members of the military and their families. Amenities include: WiFi, video games, TV lounge, snacks, sleeping area, showers, computers, library, and a child care area. Location: Main terminal, Mezzanine, 2nd Floor (landside). Hours: open 24 hours.
Free WiFi is available at Seattle SeaTac Airport.
If sleeping in the Seattle Airport does not appeal to you, there are many hotels near the airport that offer a free airport shuttle:
- Coast Gateway Hotel
- Sleep Inn SeaTac (Shuttle Hours: 24 hours)
- Hampton Inn and Suites (Shuttle Hours: 24 hours)
- Doubletree Hotel (Shuttle Hours: 24 hours)
To find a cheap room, there is a list of hotels near Seattle Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price.
- Airport Art - Enjoy SEA-TAC's diverse art collection, which features contemporary work in glass, sculpture, photography, painting and sound. [ brochure ]
- ATMs / Cash Machines - ATMs are located throughout the airport (landside and airside).
- Luggage Trolleys - SmarteCartes are available for a fee. Rate: unknown.
- Car Rentals - Advantage • Alamo • Avis • Budget • Dollar • Enterprise • Hertz • National • Thrifty • and more Location: Rental Car Facility. Dedicated shuttle buses operate 24 hours a day with two passenger pick-up areas located outside baggage claim at the north and south ends of the main terminal. Exit the terminal at carousel # 1 or # 15.
- Children's Play Areas - Locations: Central Terminal • Concourse A
- Currency Exchange - Travelex has offices in the Main Terminal (ticketing level) • Main Terminal (baggage claim) • Concourse A • South Satellite.
- E-mail Phones: I have no idea what these are....but apparently you can find them here at SEA-TAC. Internet-enabled phones that give you high-speed access to e-mail and the internet are available throughout the Airport.
- Food & Drinks -
There are several 24 hour food concessions available at the Seattle airport.
»Landside: Starbucks (Main Terminal, Ticketing) • Alki Bakery (Baggage Claim)
»Airside: Dilettante Chocolates & Mocha Cafe (Central Terminal) • Qdoba Restaurant (Central Terminal) • Starbucks (Central Terminal Kiosk)
- Information Desk - Information not available
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - There are no lockers. Baggage can be stored at the Ken's Baggage Storage & Rentals office. Located landside on the Baggage Claim level between Carousels 12 & 13. Rates from $2-11 per 24 hour period.
Hours: 530am - 1230am
- Massages - Available at the Massage Bar. Locations: Concourse C, and the North Satellite
- Meditation Room - Location: Main Terminal, Mezzanine Level, landside
- Mobile and MP3 Chargers - free electrical outlets are available under the seats at most gates in Concourses A, B and the South Satellite.
Landside - Ticketing Level - In the seating area at the exit from Concourse B.
Landside - Baggage Claim - Between Carousels 12 & 13, next to the ATM
Airside - Concourse A - Next to Tully's
Airside - Concourse B - Gate B2
Airside - Concourse C - Next to the Emerald City Lounge
Airside - Concourse D - In shoeshine alcove, end of Concourse by gates D8 – D12
Cost: $3 per use.
- Movie and Portable Entertainment rentals - InMotion Entertainment offers electronics, accessories, movie and game rentals for your trip or extended stay at the airport. Located airside Concourse C. Hours: 6am-10pm
- Quiet Zone - An area has been set up with plenty of seating and power outlets. Location: Airside, Gate B4
- Showers - Available in the Delta Airlines SkyClub.
- Smoking - There are two areas on airport grounds where smoking is permitted and you going to have a bit of a hike to reach them. (1) North end of the Lower Drive (Baggage Claim level), North of door 26, across the small parking lot, adjacent to the stairs that lead to the cruise tent lot (2) South end of the Lower Drive (Baggage Claim level)
open 24 hours
To download an airport map, click here
The SleepingInAirports community depends on travellers, like you, to share their airport experiences through airport reviews and survey responses. If you had a good or bad experience at Seattle SeaTac Airport, tell us about it!
- Complete the 2014 Airport Survey - Your responses to this short (and easy!) questionnaire will help us determine the Best and Worst Airports of 2014.
- Submit your Airport Review - Register to submit your airport review or simply email your annonymous review to me and I will add it to the database.
Thank you for helping the Community!
Last Updated: 13 February 2014
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airport's and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you du ring your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items quoted in the guide, email me.