Seattle SeaTac Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Seattle Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
There are some full length couches where you can lay flat on at Gate A14. They are so comfortable! - a guest reviewer
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Seattle SeaTac Airport.
What to Expect
- The Seattle Airport has four terminals. The Main terminal and the Central terminal are adjacent to each other and can be navigated by walking. The two satellite terminals (North and South) are reached via short trains.
- There are several 24 hour food concessions available. Food and shopping options are much more prevalent airside, but there are some vending machines and a Starbucks available before security.
- Free WiFi is available throughout the airport. See WiFi below.
Where to Sleep
- Several reviewers warned of loud TVs and announcements, even late at night, so earplugs are recommended if you want to sleep.
- Since this is a 24 hour airport, you can stay in the secure/airside area at night.
- Airside - Most of the seats in Seattle airport are partitioned by armrests. However, there are long, padded benches that are nice for sleeping around Gate A14 or near the end of Concourse C (Gate 10). Avoid C9 and C17, as there are a lot of TVs in the area.
- Landside - There is a meditation room on the 2nd level of the main terminal that offers peace, quiet, and comfy benches. Beyond that, places to sleep are limited.
- There are no hotels located directly at the airport. However, there a many nearby hotels that offer a free airport shuttle. See Airport Hotels below.
Good to Know
- A variety of intriguing art installations by local Seattle artists can be found throughout the airport.
- Economy class passengers can pay to use one of the first class lounges. See Airport Lounges below for locations and rates.
Have you been to Seattle Airport recently? Write a Review!
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
If you are an economy class traveller, you can enter these lounges at Seattle airport either by purchasing a lounge pass or through a membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details (ie. facilities, hours, pass and membership information):
- Alaska Airlines Board Room - Location: Airside, Concourse D, near Gate D1. Hours: 5:00AM - 12:00AM (Daily). Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (US$ 45.00) • Alaska Airlines Board Room Membership.
- Alaska Airlines Board Room - Location: North Satellite, Airside, between Gates N1 and N2. Hours: 5:00AM - 12:00AM (Daily). Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (US$ 45.00) • Alaska Airlines Board Room Membership.
- Delta Sky Club - Location: Airside, between Gate S8 and S9. Showers are available. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (US$59.00) • Delta Sky Club Membership.
- The Club at SEA - Location: Airside, Concourse A, across from Gate A11. Hours: 9:30AM - 7:00PM (Mon) • 9:30AM - 5:30PM (Tues - Sun). Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (US$ 35) • Book Online (£22).
- The Club at SEA - Location: Airside, South Satellite, next to Gate S9. Hours: 6:00AM - 5:30PM (Daily) . Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (US$ 35) • Book Online (£22).
- United Club - Location: Airside, Concourse A, Airside, gate A9.Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (US$ 59.00) • United Club Membership.
- Centurion Lounge - Location: Airside, Concourse B, opposite Gate B3. Hours: 5:00AM - 10:00PM. Lounge Access: American Express® Card Members can purchase a one day pass for US$50. Access is complimentary for Platinum and Centurion cardholders.
USO Lounge - The USO offers a lounge to members of the military and their families. Amenities include: WiFi, video games, TV lounge, snacks, sleeping area, showers, computers, library, and a child care area. Location: Main terminal, Landside, Mezzanine Level, 2nd Floor. Hours: open 24 hours.
Free WiFi is available at Seattle SeaTac Airport. Connect to the “SEATAC-FREE-WIFI” network.
If sleeping in Seattle Airport does not appeal to you, there are many hotels near the airport:
- Hilton Seattle Airport & Conference Center- (3 min ride from the airport) Free 24-hr airport shuttle service.
- Red Roof Inn Seattle Airport SEATAC - (4 min ride from the airport) Free 24-hr airport shuttle runs every 20 minutes from 4:00AM to 12:00PM (noon). Outside of those hours, call the hotel for times and pick-up/drop-off locations.
- Red Lion Hotel Seattle Airport - (4 min from the airport) Free 24-hr airport shuttle service.
- La Quinta Inn & Suites Seattle SeaTac Airport - (4 min from the airport) Free airport shuttle service available from 4:00AM to 1:00AM.
- Coast Gateway Hotel - (6 min from the airport) Free 24-hr airport shuttle service available
To find a cheap room, there is a list of hotels near Seattle Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price.
- Airport Art - Enjoy SeaTac’s diverse and breathtaking collection of contemporary work in glass, sculpture, photography, painting and sound. For more details, check out the SeaTac Art in the Airport brochure. For a little exercise amidst beauty, stroll the Art Walk, a ½ mile path from Starbucks (Central Terminal) to Gate A-14.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Several US Bank ATMs are available. Location: Central Terminal, landside and all gated areas.
- Baby Care Facilities - The Mother’s Room offers a quiet, private place with adjustable lighting, rocking chairs, power outlets and more. There’s one located inside of the Kid’s Play Area, but military families can also use the Mother’s Room inside the USO. Car and stroller rentals are available at Ken’s Baggage & Frozen Food Storage in Baggage Claim.
- Baggage Carts - Self-service SmarteCartes are available to rent for a fee. Location: Central Terminal, landside and all gated areas. *Please note - Carts cannot be taken through security. If you rented one landside, you will have to leave it and rent another one airside after going through security.
- Banking - A full-service US Bank branch is available. Location: Main Terminal, landside, between Checkpoints 3 and 4 (next to Starbucks).
- Children's Play Areas - Location: Across from Seattle Taproom (between Central Terminal and A Gates).
- Currency Exchange - Travelex has offices in the Main Terminal (ticketing level) • Main Terminal (baggage claim) • Concourse A • South Satellite.
- Duty Free & Shopping - Dufry Duty-free is available Central Terminal, A Gates and S Gates. The S Gates location is open 24 hours.
- E-mail Phones - I have no idea what these are....but apparently you can find them here at SEA-TAC. Internet-enabled phones that give you high-speed access to e-mail and the internet are available throughout the Airport.
- Food & Drinks - Food concessions throughout the airport operate with varying schedules. These options are open 24 hours:
- Central Terminal Food Court (airside): Dilettante Chocolates & Mocha Cafe ▪ Qdoba Mexican Grill ▪ Starbucks.
- Pre-Security (landside): Starbucks.
- Baggage Claim: Alki Bakery.
- B Gates: McDonald’s.
- Vending machines are also available throughout the airport.
- Information Desk - Airport Volunteers offer general information about airport services. Their blue jackets are easy to spot around the airport. Red-vested “Pathfinder” customer service reps are also available, with iPad in hand, to direct passengers to where they wish to go.
- Internet Phones - Internet-enabled phones that give you high-speed access to e-mail and the internet are available in the Main Terminal (Ticketing and Baggage Claim areas), the North and South Satellites and Concourses B, C and D. Fee: 35-cents per minute ($5 minimum).
- Live music - Scheduled live music performances happen daily throughout the airport from 9:00AM - 3:00PM, under a program called Experience the City of Music.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - There are no lockers. Baggage can be stored at the Ken's Baggage & Frozen Food Storage. Rates are per 24-hour period, ranging from $7-$10 for dry items and $12-$22 for frozen items. In addition to storage, various travel items are available for sale and business services, like notary and fax, are also available. Location: Baggage Claim level ,between Carousels 12 & 13. Hours: 5:30AM - 12:30AM.
- Massages - Feel your stress melt away with a foot or chair massage at the Massage Bar. 15 and 30 minute massages available. Locations: airside in the C and N gates.
- Mobile Charging - Under-seat power outlets are available at all A, B, D and S gates, with additional outlets being added to C, D and N gates. Alaska Airlines provides under-seat power outlets at their C and N gates. Pay-per-use charging kiosks offer charger connections that fit most cell phones and mp3 players. Location: Main Terminal (Ticketing and Baggage Claim) and Concourses A, B, C and D.
- Movie/TV Show Rentals - Download your must-see movies and TV shows on your portable devices for your trip at the bright orange Digiboo self-service kiosks. Located: airside at B, C, D, N and S gates.
- Rest Zone - A quiet zone has been set up with plenty of seating and power outlets. Location: Airside, Gate B4
- Showers - Available in the Delta Airlines SkyClub. [ see Airport Lounges above ]
- Smoking - There are two areas on airport grounds where smoking is permitted but you are going to have a bit of a hike to reach them. (1) North end of the Lower Drive (Baggage Claim level), North of door 26, across the small parking lot, adjacent to the stairs that lead to the cruise tent lot (2) South end of the Lower Drive (Baggage Claim level).
- Water Bottle Filling Stations - Empty your water bottles before going through security, and then refill them at one of these locations: Gates A-2, A-5, D-1 and the Central Terminal food court.
The airport is open 24 hours.
Keep in mind that TSA, airline check-in and baggage drop hours vary according the flight schedule. Check these hours with your airline. If you are in the public area of the terminal (landside) you will not be able to get through to the secure area of the terminal (airside) until the morning. The TSA security screening checkpoint hours vary according to location:
- Checkpoint #1 (South): 9:00AM - 1:00PM (cruise passengers only)
- Checkpoint #2: 4:00AM - 8:00PM
- Checkpoint #3 (Central): open 24 hours
- Checkpoint #4: 4:00AM - 8:00PM
- Checkpoint #5 (North): 4:00AM - 1:30PM
Light Rail is a good option for transportation from the airport to the Amtrak Station located at King Street Station. The SeaTac Airport station is located on the fourth floor of the airport parking garage. Service runs from 5:00AM to 1:00AM (Monday - Saturday) and 6:00AM - 12:00AM (Sunday). Take the Link Local towards Link to Seattle. Exit at International District/Chinatown. Then walk 3 minutes to King Street Station. Allow 45 minutes of travel time.
For taxi service instead, taxi stands are located on the third floor of the parking garage. Travel by car should be about 20-25 minutes.
King County Metro Buses stop on the street adjacent to the Sea-Tac Airport LINK Light Rail station. From within the airport parking garage, take the walkway through the north end of the 4th floor to the LINK station, and exit to International Blvd. Departure times are available on posted bus stop signs, printed timetables at the Information Booth on the baggage claim level near Door 16 (opposite carousel 12), or at the King County Metro Transit website.
Bus stops for Sound Transit Express Routes 560 and 574 are located on the lower drive of the main terminal. Schedules and fare information is available on the Sound Transit website.
Sea-Tac Airport has a dedicated Rental Car Facility, accessible by free 24-hour shuttle service from the north and south ends of the main terminal, outside of baggage claim. Many major car rental companies operate from within the Rental Car Facility, but Rent-A-Wreck provides a courtesy shuttle to its off-site location from the Sea-Tac Airport Rental Car Facility.
Many local hotels and private parking lots provide airport shuttle service as a courtesy to their patrons. Shuttle stops are located on the 3rd floor of the parking garage at Islands 1 and 3. Ask your hotel or parking lot operator directly for shuttle service availability. The following hotels offer airport shuttle service: Cedarbrook Lodge • Clarion Hotel Seattle Airport • Coast Gateway Hotel • Crowne Plaza Seattle Airport • Days Inn Seattle/Sea-Tac International Airport • Doubletree by Hilton Seattle Airport • Hampton Inn and Suites Seattle-Airport/28th Ave • Hilton Seattle Airport & Conference Center • La Quinta Inn & Suites Seattle Sea-Tac Airport • Radisson Hotel Seattle Airport • Ramada Suites SeaTac Airport • Red Lion Hotel Seattle Airport • Red Roof Inn Seattle Airport - SEATAC • Rodeway Inn SeaTac • Super 8 Seattle.
Shared Ride Shuttle
Several companies provide door-to-door shared ride or exclusive ride transfer service between the airport and destinations throughout the Seattle metropolitan area up to Vancouver, BC. Contact your service provider for rates, service areas and airport pick-up locations, or inquire at the Information Booth located on the 3rd floor of the airport parking garage.
Taxi stands are located on the 3rd floor of the parking garage. Both sedans and 8 - 10 passenger taxis are available.
Sea-Tac Airport is connected to the city by the LINK Light Rail system. There is a LINK station on the 4th floor of the airport parking garage, and connected to the airport terminal via covered skybridge one level down on the mezzanine. Trains run every 7.5 - 15 minutes from 5:00AM - 1:00AM Monday - Saturday (6:00AM - 12:00AM on Sunday). For further information, go to the Sound Transit website.
Last Updated: 24 June 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airport's and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.