Shreveport Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Shreveport Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the name of a hotel near the airport in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
The chairs aren't comfortable, but, there is nice carpet on the floor.
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Shreveport Regional Airport.
What to Expect
- A tiny airport with limited facilities that close at night. Be sure to purchase your food and drinks before the concessions close.
- The airport provides free WiFi. See WiFi information in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- After security checkpoints close for the night, passengers are restricted to landside only. Passengers sleeping airside will be required to go back to landside until security reopens, and will need to clear security again to re-enter.
- The chairs are uncomfortable landside, so have a travel mattress and blanket handy for a good night’s sleep!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport that provide free airport shuttles. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Shreveport Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
As of this update we were unable to confirm whether the airport has any first class or business lounges. If you know, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If sleeping in Shreveport Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Hampton Inn Shreveport Airport - (5 min walk or 2 min ride from the airport) Free 24-hr airport shuttle service available.
- Residence Inn Shreveport Airport - (4 min from the airport) Free airport shuttle service available upon request. For airport pick-up, call 1-318-635-8000 or use the courtesy phone.
- Courtyard Shreveport Airport - (8 min from the airport) Free airport shuttle service available. For airport pick-up, use the courtesy phone in the baggage claim area after claiming your luggage.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Shreveport Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
Free WiFi is available at Shreveport Airport.
- Airport Art - Artport, featuring a revolving collection of over 100 works from national artists can be found at the airport.
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Food & Drinks - According to an airport employee, “There are no 24-hour restaurants in the airport. Most of the restaurants open at 6:00AM. All of them are expensive and their food doesn’t taste very good. Just sayin’!”
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - not available
- Showers - not available
The airport is open 24 hours a day, but TSA checkpoints open at 4:45AM.
Car rental services are available on the lower level of the airport terminal. Onsite car rental agencies include Avis, Budget, Enterprise, Hertz, National and Thrifty.
Several area hotels provide airport transportation service as a courtesy to their guests. Here are a few hotels offering airport shuttle service: Holiday Inn Shreveport -I-20-Downtown • Residence Inn Shreveport Airport • Residence Inn Shreveport-Bossier City/Downtown • Sam's Town Hotel and Casino Shreveport • Super 8 Shreveport • Wyndham Garden Shreveport.
Taxis are available in the ground transportation area of the airport terminal during airport hours of operation. All taxis are metered, and reservations are not required.
Last Updated: 24 June 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.