Spokane Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Spokane Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the name of a hotel near the airport in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
The main problems were PA announcements throughout the night (No smoking etc etc), the bright lights and the floor waxing machine--When you are on the floor and this machine comes back and forth 12 inches from your head is not a nice thing to try to sleep through. - a traveller
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Spokane International Airport.
What to Expect
- A small airport with three concourses (Concourses A, B and C) and limited facilities
- After airport restaurants and shops close for the night, vending machines are the only in-airport snack option. Be sure to purchase food and drinks before concessions close.
- The airport provides free WiFi. See WiFi information in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- After security checkpoints close for the night, passengers are restricted to landside only. Passengers sleeping airside will be required to go back to landside until security reopens, and will need to clear security again to re-enter.
- Try the business center just off the hallway between the Ticketing counters and Baggage Claim.
- Space and comfortable seating is very limited for sleeping landside. If you stay overnight, there’s a good chance you will be sleeping on the floor. Have a travel mattress, sleep mask and earplugs or noise-cancelling headphones to ensure a good night’s rest!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport that provide free airport shuttles. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Spokane Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
There are no pay-per-use lounges at the airport.
Free WiFi is available at Spokane Airport.
If sleeping in Spokane Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Ramada at Spokane Airport - (8 min walk or 3 min ride from the airport) Free airport shuttle service available.
- Wingate by Wyndham Spokane Airport - (10 min walk or 3 min ride from the airport) Free airport shuttle service available.
- Best Western Plus Peppertree Airport Inn - (6 min from the airport) Free airport shuttle service available.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Spokane Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - There are ATMs located landside, opposite the security checkpoints for Concourses A/B and C.
- Baggage Carts - Free carts are available.
- Barber Shop - Get a haircut or a trim at Flying Shears barber shop. Location: near the Baggage Claim area
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Drinking Water - Thirsty? Free water bottle filling stations are available.
- Food & Drinks - Food concessions throughout the airport operate with varying schedules. At the time of this update, there are no 24-hour dining options. Food options include: Aurora Pub • Chili’s To Go • David’s Pizza • MVP Sports Bar & Grill • Quizno’s Sub • Spokane Tap Room • Starbucks.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - not available
- Rest Zones - Rock yourself to sleep in the rocking chairs available on all concourses.
- Showers - not available
The airport is open 24 hours
Keep in mind that TSA, airline check-in and baggage drop hours vary according the flight schedule. Check these hours with your airline. If you are in the public area of the terminal (landside) you will not be able to get through to the secure area of the terminal (airside) until the morning.
Spokane Transit Authority (STA) bus route 60 connects the airport to STA’s downtown Spokane hub, The Plaza. For route map, schedules and fare information, visit the STA website.
Onsite car rental agencies include Alamo, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise, Hertz, National and Thrifty.
Several area hotels provide airport transportation service as a courtesy to their guests. Here are a few hotels offering airport shuttle service: Best Western Plus Peppertree Airport Inn • Days Inn & Suites Spokane Airport Airway Heights • DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Spokane City Center • Hampton Inn Spokane • Holiday Inn Express Spokane Downtown • Holiday Inn Spokane Airport • Northern Quest Resort & Casino • Oxford Suites Downtown Spokane • Quality Inn Downtown 4th Avenue • Ramada at Spokane Airport • Red Lion Hotel at the Park • Super 8 Spokane/West • Wingate by Wyndham Spokane.
Payless Airport Shuttle offers service to/from Coeur d’Alene, Hayden Lake, Rathdrum, Post Falls and Athol, Idaho.
Queen City Shuttle runs daily between the airport and British Columbia, Canada (Rossland, Red Mountain and Nelson areas).
Travel Washington’s Gold Line shuttles offer scheduled runs to/from downtown Spokane, Deer Park, Loon Lake, Chewelah, Colville and Kettle Falls.
Wheatland Express offers service between the airport and Moscow, ID or Pullman/Colfax, WA.
White Tail Transportation offers service to/from the Idaho panhandle and surrounding areas, by reservation only.
Taxis are available curbside in the ground transportation area of the airport terminal. All taxis are metered, and reservations are not required.
Last Updated: 24 June 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.