White Plains Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our White Plains Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the name of a hotel near the airport in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
after much begging and pleading I was given the okay to stay.
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Westchester County Airport.
What to Expect
- HPN Airport is a tiny airport with very limited facilities.
- The airport has a gift shop and a few restaurants landside, and a coffee shop located airside, all of which close at night. Stash a few snacks and drinks for later!
- The airport provides WiFi. See WiFi below.
Where to Sleep
- While most sleepovers were due to flight cancellations cause by inclement weather, some overnighters chose to stay in the airport for an early morning flight.
- Sleep in the area near the Observation Deck, which has benches and panoramic views of the airport. It’s warm, dim and very quiet at night, but one reviewer mentioned noise due to airplane traffic, so have earplugs or noise cancelling headphones handy, just in case!
- After security checkpoints close for the night, passengers are restricted to landside only. Passengers sleeping airside will be woken up and asked to move landside.
- For a more comfortable and uninterrupted sleep, there are nearby hotels that provide free airport shuttles. See Airport Hotels below.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our White Plains Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
There are no pay-per-use lounges at this airport.
If sleeping in Westchester Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- La Quinta Inn & Suites Armonk Westchester County Airport - (6 min from the airport) Free airport shuttle service available.
- Doral Arrowwood - (8 min from the airport) Hotel provides airport transfers via chauffeured limo ($) Call or email hotel directly to arrange airport pick-up.
- Renaissance Westchester Hotel - (9 min from the airport) No airport shuttle.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near White Plains Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
Wireless internet access is available at the White Plains airport for a fee.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Location: Main Terminal.
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Food & Drinks - Food concessions in the airport operate on varying schedules. Dunkin’ Donuts opens at 4:30AM. At the time of this update, there are no 24-hour dining options.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - not available
- Showers - not available
Information not available.
Bee-Line bus route 12 serves the airport, running daily between the airport and the TransCenter in downtown White Plains. This route offers connections to Purchase College (SUNY), Manhattanville College and MTA-Metro North Railroad (via TransCenter). Bus fare is $2.75, payable by MetroCard or exact change. For route map, schedule and fare information, visit the White Plains Airport website.
Several area hotels provide airport transportation service as a courtesy to their guests. Here are a few hotels offering airport shuttle service: Cambria Hotel & Suites White Plains • Crowne Plaza Stamford • Crowne Plaza White Plains Downtown • La Quinta Inn & Suites Armonk.
The following car rental agencies are located onsite in the Arrivals Hall: Alamo, Avis, Budget, Enterprise, Hertz and National.
Taxis are available in the ground transportation area of the airport terminal during airport hours of operation. All taxis are metered, and reservations are not required.
Last Updated: 24 June 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.