Whether you have a layover, overnight sleepover or you are just quickly passing through, our Bucharest Baneasa Airport Guide is a great place to start planning your visit. Here, you’ll find information on services and facilities available inside the airport – including details about airport lounges, WiFi, mobile charging points, lockers, 24-hour food options, nearby hotels, and everything in between.
This airport is no bigger than a small bus station, with only a few counters, a bathroom and 2 gates (more like doors to the tarmac). – nic
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Bucharest Aurel Vlaicu Airport.
What to Expect
- In March 2012, the airport was converted into a business airport and all low-cost carrier flights were transferred to the city’s main airport, Bucharest Henri Coanda.
- WiFi is available. See WiFi information in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- As of November 2018, we have no reviews from travellers who have attempted to sleep in this airport. Write a review to help future travellers!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
In this guide we may refer to locations as “landside” and “airside”. Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
There are no pay-per-use lounges in the airport.
If sleeping in Bucharest Baneasa Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport that offer airport shuttle service:
- Phoenicia Hotel – (3 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle. » Check Rates
- Avis Hotel – (5 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle. Day rooms are available (from EUR 30). » Check Rates
- Ramada Hotel & Suites Bucharest North – (9 minutes from the airport) Airport shuttle available for a fee. » Check Rates
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Bucharest Baneasa Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
Free WiFi is available at Bucharest Baneasa Airport in the Central Zone and Departures Hall.
More Services, Facilities & Things To Do On A Layover At The Airport
ATMs / Cash Machines – Need cash? ATMs are available. Fees may apply, so be sure to check your bank’s fee schedule and your daily withdrawal limit if you are travelling internationally. You may also want to notify your bank of your travel plans. Locations: Airside and Landside.
Currency Exchange – Not available.
Food & Drinks
Very limited food offerings here.
1) Automat Food: Located near the Parking AIBB-AV.
2) Bar: serving coffee, tea, juices, etc. Located in the central area of the airport.
3) Snack Bar: Located in the International Departures area.
Luggage Storage & Lockers – Not available.
Rest Zones – Not available.
Showers – Not available.
The airport is open 24 hours.
As of November 2018, Bucharest Baneasa airport is served by the following airlines: Blue Air • Germanwings • Nouvelair • Wizz Air.
Airport Transportation: Getting To/From The Airport
Buses and Trams
The airport is well connected to the public transportation system. Five local buses are available at the airport, two tram lines, as well as a connection to the metro system. The 783 Express Tram route may be your fastest connection to the airport. For route maps, schedules and additional fare information, visit the Bucharest Airport website.
The following car rental companies are available at Bucharest Baneasa Airport: Avis • Direct Rent a Car.
Last updated: 2018-11-07
This guide is for informational purposes only to assist with your planning. All information, including rates and hours, are subject to change at any time without notice. The information in this airport guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports, lounges, hotels, transportation providers and their web sites. We are not representatives of any of the above mentioned service providers. To report errors or to add/update any items mentioned in the guide, write a review or send an email to [email protected] and we will update this guide.