Whether you have a layover, overnight sleepover or you are just quickly passing through, our Dominica Airport Guide is a great place to start planning your visit. Here, you’ll find information on services and facilities available inside the airport – including details about airport lounges, WiFi, mobile charging points, lockers, 24-hour food options, nearby hotels, and everything in between.
no AC, long delays, flying insects, security is a joke. food concession is a joke also, and expensive. – Jim
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Dominica Airport.
What to Expect
- A tiny airport, surrounded by nature, with archaic facilities and no amenities or dining options.
- WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- As of November 2018, we do not have any reviews from travelers who have spent the night in this airport. Write a review to help future travellers.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
In this guide we may refer to locations as “landside” and “airside”. Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
There are no pay-per-use lounges in the airport.
If sleeping in Douglas-Charles Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- My Father’s Place Guesthouse – (3 minutes from the airport) Airport transfers are available from the guesthouse ($). » Check Rates
- Coffeeriver Cottages Dominica – (5 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle. » Check Rates
- Hibiscus Valley Inn – (8 minutes from the airport) Airport pick-up available for $20 USD. Airport pick-up from Canefield Airport also possible at $25 per person (2.5 hour journey) » Check Rates
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Dominica Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
Free WiFi is available at Dominica Douglas-Charles Airport.
More Services, Facilities & Things To Do On A Layover At The Airport
Luggage Storage & Lockers – Not available.
Rest Zones – Not available.
Showers – Not available.
The airport is open from 6:00AM – 11:00PM. Overnight stays are not permitted at this airport.
As of November 2018, Dominica airport is served by the following airlines: Air Antilles • Air Sunshine • Conviasa • InterCaribbean Airways • LIAT • Trans Anguilla Airways • Winair.
Airport Transportation: Getting To/From The Airport
Metered taxis are readily available for hire in the ground transportation area of the airport.
Last updated: 2018-11-20
This guide is for informational purposes only to assist with your planning. All information, including rates and hours, are subject to change at any time without notice. The information in this airport guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports, lounges, hotels, transportation providers and their web sites. We are not representatives of any of the above mentioned service providers. To report errors or to add/update any items mentioned in the guide, write a review or send an email to [email protected] and we will update this guide.