Whether you have a layover, overnight sleepover or you are just quickly passing through, our Garoua Airport Guide is a great place to start planning your visit. Here, you’ll find information on services and facilities available inside the airport – including details about airport lounges, WiFi, mobile charging points, lockers, 24-hour food options, nearby hotels, and everything in between.
Should a flight be cancelled the normal procedure is to lock the offices and representatives go home leaving 100’s to wonder when the next one will be. – Dande
What to Expect
- A tiny, dated single-terminal airport served only by a few Camair Co regional flights. Minimal shopping and dining options available.
- Notice written on a chalkboard, or no notice at all, when a flight is cancelled. The airport staff just shuts down the office and goes home.
- Be assertive when dealing with flight re-booking arrangements. If you are flying to a destination within Cameroon, and your flight has been cancelled, one reviewer suggests booking a ticket with an independent bus company as a reliable alternative to reaching your destination.
- There are reports of extortion by airport security.
Where to Sleep
- As of November 2018, we have no reviews from travellers who have attempted to sleep in this airport. Write a review to help future travellers!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there is a hotel near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
In this guide we may refer to locations as “landside” and “airside”. Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
There are no pay-per-use lounges in the airport.
If sleeping in Garoua Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Hotel La Benoue – (10 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle. » Check Rates
To find a cheap room, there is a list of hotels near Garoua Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
As of this update we were unable to confirm whether internet access is available. If you know, click here to update this airport guide.
More Services, Facilities & Things To Do On A Layover At The Airport
Duty Free & Shopping – Shops are available, at the time of this update, no further information is available.
Food & Drink – Restaurants are available, but we have no further information at this time.
Luggage Storage & Lockers – Not available.
Mobile Charging – At the time of this update, we did not have any information about mobile charging availability. If you know, click here to update this airport guide.
Rest Zones – There are no dedicated sleeping areas, quiet areas or rest zones. If this information has changed, click here to update this guide.
Showers – Not available.
According to the airport’s website, the airport terminal is open 24 hours; however, it also states that flights only operate on Wednesday, Friday and Sundays. If you know the airport hours, click here to update this airport guide and we will update this airport guide.
As of November 2018, Garoua airport is served by the following airline: Camair Co.
Airport Transportation: Getting To/From The Airport
The airport lists shuttles and motorcycle taxis as modes of transportation which are available at the airport. As of this December 2071 update, no further information is known.
Last updated: 2019-03-15
This guide is for informational purposes only to assist with your planning. All information, including rates and hours, are subject to change at any time without notice. The information in this airport guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports, lounges, hotels, transportation providers and their web sites. We are not representatives of any of the above mentioned service providers. To report errors or to add/update any items mentioned in the guide: update the airport guide or write a review.