Whether you have a layover, overnight sleepover or you are just quickly passing through, our Gorontalo Airport Guide is a great place to start planning your visit. Here, you’ll find information on services and facilities available inside the airport – including details about airport lounges, WiFi, mobile charging points, lockers, 24-hour food options, nearby hotels, and everything in between.
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, here is a quick run-down of what to expect during your time at Gorontalo Airport.
What to Expect
- The brand new terminal opened in 2016, and connects to a few Indonesian destinations.
- WiFi is available. See WiFi information in the airport guide below.
- Economy class travellers can pay to access one airport lounge. See our Airport Lounges section for locations and rates.
Where to Sleep
- As of November 2018, we have no reviews from travellers who have used this airport. Write a review to help future travellers!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels 30-60 minutes away from the airport; some provide airport shuttles for a fee. See our Airport Hotel section below for more info.
In this guide we may refer to locations as “landside” and “airside”. Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
Pay-per-use, Single Visit Passes & Lounge Memberships
Regardless of what class of service you are flying, there is a lounge that you can enter through a lounge membership program (ie. Priority Pass). Visit the individual lounge page for more details about the lounge itself and to also find out how you can gain lounge access with just an economy class ticket!
If sleeping in Gorontalo Airport does not appeal to you, these are the closest hotels to the airport:
- Eljie Hotel Limboto – (30 minutes from the airport) Airport transfers are available ($). » Check Rates
- Amaris Hotel Gorontalo – (1 hour from the airport) No airport shuttle. » Check Rates
- Maqna Hotel – (1 hour from the airport) Free airport shuttle is provided upon request. Driver will meet you at the airport with your name on a sign. » Check Rates
- Eljie Hotel Syariah – (1 hour from the airport) A budget hotel in the city center. Airport transfers are available ($). » Check Rates
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Gorontalo Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
WiFi is available at Gorontalo Airport inside the Matoduo Lounge.
More Services, Facilities & Things To Do On A Layover At The Airport
Baby Care Facilities – The airport offers breastfeeding rooms on the 2nd floor of the terminal. Further information is not available.
Luggage Storage & Lockers – Not available.
Mobile Charging – At the time of this update, we did not have any information about mobile charging availability. If you know, click here to update this airport guide.
Mosque – A mosque can be found on both floors of the terminal.
Rest Zones – Not available.
Showers – Not available.
Smoking – Smoking is permitted inside the airport in a designated smoking lounge.
As of this update, we were unable to confirm airport hours of operation. We recommend that you read a few reviews before deciding to sleep in the airport overnight. If you know the airport hours, click here to update this airport guide and we will update this airport guide.
As of February 2018, Gorontalo airport is served by the following airlines: Lion Air • Garuda Indonesia • Batik Air.
Airport Transportation: Getting To/From The Airport
Auto-rickshaw type vehicles are available for hire in and around the airport.
There is a dedicated airport shuttle bus that runs between the airport and several destinations such as the city centre and harbour. For more information, visit the Busbandara website.
The airport has car rental offices onsite. At the time of this December 2017 update, further information is not known.
Taxis are readily available at the airport.
Last updated: 2018-12-03
This guide is for informational purposes only to assist with your planning. All information, including rates and hours, are subject to change at any time without notice. The information in this airport guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports, lounges, hotels, transportation providers and their web sites. We are not representatives of any of the above mentioned service providers. To report errors or to add/update any items mentioned in the guide: update the airport guide or write a review.