Whether you have a layover, overnight sleepover or you are just quickly passing through, our Horta Airport Guide is a great place to start planning your visit. Here, you’ll find information on services and facilities available inside the airport – including details about airport lounges, WiFi, mobile charging points, lockers, 24-hour food options, nearby hotels, and everything in between.
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, here is a quick run-down of what to expect during your time at Horta Airport.
What to Expect
- The single terminal was remodeled in 2001.
- There is one food concession, so there may not be a lot of food options.
- WiFi is available. See WiFi information in the airport guide below.
- Economy class travellers can pay to access one airport lounge. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
Where to Sleep
- The airport closes at night, so it is not possible to spend the night.
- As of March 2020, we have no reviews from travellers who have used this airport. Write a review to help future travellers!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Coronavirus update: You can read the airport’s COVID-19 (Coronavirus) update here.
In this guide we may refer to locations as “landside” and “airside”. Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
Pay-per-use, Single Visit Passes & Lounge Memberships
Regardless of what class of service you are flying, there is a lounge that you can enter through a lounge membership program (ie. Priority Pass). Visit the individual lounge page for more details about the lounge itself and to also find out how you can gain lounge access with just an economy class ticket!
- Sata Plus Lounge – Location: Landside, Ground Floor. Lounge Access: Lounge membership programs.
If sleeping in Horta Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Quinta das Buganvilias – Across the street from the airport. No airport shuttle. » Check Rates
- Quinta da Meia Eira – (2 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle. » Check Rates
- Casa da Japoneira – (4 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle. The hotel suggests a taxi for 10,00€. » Check Rates
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Horta Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
Unlimited free WiFi is available at Horta Airport. Connect to the “VINCI Airports wifi” network.
More Services, Facilities & Things To Do On A Layover At The Airport
ATMs / Cash Machines – Need cash? ATMs are available. Fees may apply, so be sure to check your bank’s fee schedule and your daily withdrawal limit if you are travelling internationally. You may also want to notify your bank of your travel plans.
Disabled Services – The airport works in partnership with MyWay to provide personalized support for passengers with reduced mobility. Services include lifts, escalators, moving walkways, signage and professional support for those who book at least 48 hours in advance.
Duty Free & Shopping – Duty-free shopping is available landside at the Duty Free Store from 8:30AM – 6:30AM. Souvenirs and local crafts can be purchased landside at Peter Cafe Sport from 8:00AM – 5:30PM.
Food & Drink – The airport’s only dining option is Peter Cafe Sport, open landside from 8:00AM – 6:30PM.
Information Desk – Located landside in departures, and open from 8:00AM – 6:30PM.
Luggage Storage & Lockers – Store your luggage for €4.01 per item, per day. Location: Arrivals, landside. Hours: 8:00AM – 7:00PM.
Mobile Charging – Not available.
Rest Zones – There are no dedicated sleeping areas, quiet areas or rest zones. If this information has changed, click here to update this guide.
Showers – Not available
The airport is open from 8:00AM – 6:30PM (Daily). The airport is closed outside of these hours and sleeping in the airport is not allowed.
Horta airport is served by the following airlines: Sata Air • Azores Airlines.
Airport Transportation: Getting To/From The Airport
The airport has city buses arriving and departing on a regular basis. For fares, routes and schedules, visit the Farias website.
Ilha Verde Rent A Car and Auto Turistica Faialense offer car rental services onsite.
Taxis are readily available outside of the airport terminal.
Last updated: 2020-03-15
This guide is for informational purposes only to assist with your planning. All information, including rates and hours, are subject to change at any time without notice. The information in this airport guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports, lounges, hotels, transportation providers and their web sites. We are not representatives of any of the above mentioned service providers. To report errors or to add/update any items mentioned in the guide: update the airport guide or write a review.