Whether you have a layover, overnight sleepover or you are just quickly passing through, our Janakpur Airport Guide is a great place to start planning your visit. Here, you’ll find information on services and facilities available inside the airport – including details about airport lounges, WiFi, mobile charging points, lockers, 24-hour food options, nearby hotels, and everything in between.
On my departure I realised the full horror of CGK. There are virtually no seats, leaving passengers to sit around on the floor, & on their baggage. – Adam C.
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Janakpur Airport.
What to Expect
- A ramshackle little airport terminal and airstrip, served by commuter and military flights to and from Kathmandu.
Where to Sleep
- There are a couple of benches inside of this tiny airport terminal, but their proximity to the airport’s toilets make this an unpleasantly “fragrant” option for sleeping. If weather permits and you feel safe doing so, you can camp on airport property. Have a sleeping bag or travel mat and blanket handy for added warmth and comfort!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
In this guide we may refer to locations as “landside” and “airside”. Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
There are no pay-per-use lounges in the airport.
If sleeping in Janakpur Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Hotel Rama – (8 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle. » Check Rates
- Hotel Sita Palace – (9 minutes from the airport) Airport transfer service is available upon request, for Rs 1000 each way. » Check Rates
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Janakpur Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
More Services, Facilities & Things To Do On A Layover At The Airport
Luggage Storage & Lockers – Not available.
Rest Zones – Not available.
Showers – Not available.
As of this update, we were unable to confirm airport hours of operation. We recommend that you read a few reviews before deciding to sleep in the airport overnight. If you know the airport hours, please send an email to [email protected] and we will update this airport guide.
As of February 2018, Janakpur airport is served by the following airlines: Emirates • Qatar Airways • Turkish Airlines.
Airport Transportation: Getting To/From The Airport
Information currently unavailable.
This guide is for informational purposes only to assist with your planning. All information, including rates and hours, are subject to change at any time without notice. The information in this airport guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports, lounges, hotels, transportation providers and their web sites. We are not representatives of any of the above mentioned service providers. To report errors or to add/update any items mentioned in the guide, write a review or send an email to [email protected] and we will update this guide.