Whether you have a layover, overnight sleepover or you are just quickly passing through, our Moscow Domodedovo Airport Guide is a great place to start planning your visit. Here, you’ll find information on services and facilities available inside the airport – including details about airport lounges, WiFi, mobile charging points, lockers, 24-hour food options, nearby hotels, and everything in between.
upstairs – a cozy looking area where you can rent movies and sit on comfy couches to watch them. -KR
Thanks to the 2018 World Cup, a series of new regulations were implemented to promote “good behaviour”. Travellers may be fined 100 to 500 rubles for violations such as: using the airport for accommodations (that’s you, airport sleepers!), clogging the airport, blocking the passages, riding the airport trolleys, and listening to music without headphones. Explore our airport guide below for sleep and layover alternatives.
DME Airport Overview
To help you plan your layover, here is a quick run-down of what travellers have reported to us during their time at Moscow Domodedovo Airport (code: DME).
What to Expect
- This medium-sized airport has one terminal, divided into regional and international destinations.
- Airport staff and security generally don’t mind overnight travellers, and many travellers report feeling safe – both seemed to have improved in recent years.
- Some travellers experienced strong language barriers.
- WiFi is available to help pass the time.
- Economy class travelers can buy a pass and relax in several airport lounges; one has showers. See Airport Lounges in the guide below for locations and rates.
Sleeping in Domodedovo Airport
- There are plenty of seating areas, though most have armrests. Lots of travellers stay overnight, and a few reported that security may wake you.
- Some travellers spread out on the floor near the chapel on the departure level.
- Explore our guide to sleeping in Domodedovo Airport or read some traveller airport reviews for more tips.
- For uninterrupted sleep, two hotels are located at or next to the airport. See our Airport Hotels section below for locations.
Some airport reviews and tips in this guide and elsewhere on the site were written before March 2020 and may no longer be valid. To help us keep this guide up-to-date, you can add or update information or write a review to submit airport tips and photos.
For more airport information continue scrolling down to explore more in our Domodedovo Airport Guide.
In this guide we may refer to locations as “landside” and “airside”. Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security. For more information on Europe’s Schengen Area, click here.
Pay-per-use, Single Visit Passes & Lounge Memberships
Regardless of what class of service you are flying, there are lounges that you can enter by paying at the door, purchasing a lounge pass or through a lounge membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details about the lounge itself and to also find out how you can gain lounge access with just an economy class ticket!
- Comfort Lounge – Location: Domestic Terminal, Airside, near Gate 37. Hours: open 24 hours. Lounge Access: Lounge membership programs.
- Grey Wall Lounge – Location: Domestic Terminal, Airside, 1st Floor. Domestic and transit flights only. Lounge Access: Prepaid lounge pass • Lounge membership programs.
- Shostakovich Lounge – Location: Domestic Terminal, Airside, 2nd Floor, Gate 42. Hours: open 24 hours. Lounge Access: Prepaid lounge pass • Lounge membership programs.
- Airport Business Lounge (Domestic) – Location: Domestic Terminal, Airside, Sector C, 2nd Floor. Hours: open 24 hours. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door • Prepaid lounge pass • Lounge membership programs.
- Airport Business Lounge (International) – Location: International Terminal, Airside, access via Sectors A or B, 2nd Floor. Showers are available. Hours: open 24 hours. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door • Prepaid lounge pass • Lounge membership programs.
- Airport Business Lounge – Location: Airside, 2nd Floor. Lounge Access: Prepaid lounge pass • Lounge membership programs.
- S7 Business Lounge – Location: International Terminal, Airside, 2nd floor. Hours: open 24 hours. Lounge Access: Lounge membership programs.
If you are a First or Business Class traveller you may have access to the lounges listed below. For more information, check the airline’s website.
International Terminal, Airside: Austrian Airlines Business Lounge • SWISS Lounge • British Airways Navigator Club Lounge.
Related Pages: Domodedovo Airport Lounges
If sleeping in the airport sounds like a nightmare, there are hotels near Domodedovo Airport that provide free airport shuttles:
With Covid restrictions constantly changing, we recommend that you confirm shuttle availability prior to booking and/or prior to your arrival.
- Domodedovo Airhotel – 500m from the terminal. Free 24-hour airport shuttle runs every 15 minutes between the hotel and the bus stop in front of Exit 3 at the airport. Special rates (4 hour, day and night) are available for transiting passengers. » Check Rates
- ibis Moscow Domodedovo Airport – Free airport shuttle is available. » Check Rates
For more options, visit Tripadvisor to see a list of hotels near Moscow Domodedovo Airport that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
Free WiFi is available at Domodedovo Airport. Connect to the “DME_free” network. If you don’t have a mobile device to connect to the internet, head to the Megaphone Internet Center on Level 2. Computer with internet access are available for use for a fee of 80₽ per 15 min., 140₽ for 30 min., or 250₽ for 1 hour. Additional services, such as printing, copying, scanning, and recording of data on a memory stick, is also available for a fee.
More Services, Facilities & Things To Do On A Layover At The Airport
- Post Office – In addition to ordinary mailing services, Russian Post also offers faxing and telegram service. Location: Level 2. Hours: 8:00AM – 8:00PM.
- SIM Cards – A reader has asked us to include where to buy SIM Cards. If you know, click here to update this airport guide.
- WiFi – see “Airport WiFi/Internet” above.
- Baby Care Facilities – A kitchenette, dining area with high chairs, TV lounge, play area, changing tables, and more are available in the Baby Care Room. This room is accessible to adult travelers with children aged 8 and under (12 years and under, if also travelling with children aged 8 and under), pregnant women (2nd trimester and beyond), and mobility-impaired children who are aged 14 and under. Only one adult allowed in per qualifying child. Entry is free, but a passport, flight ticket, and medical clearance certificate (granted by the First Aid clinic) is required for access to the facility. Location: Level 2, landside. Hours: Open 24 hours. If you just need a simple area for changing your baby’s diaper or clothing, Baby Changer rooms are located airside on the concourses of Levels 1 and 2. Look for signs with the baby-change symbol. Hours: Open 24 hours.
- Children’s Play Area – When you want to ensure your kids burn off all their energy before their flight, take them to one of the children’s play areas. The soft and colorful play areas are designed for children ages 3 – 8. Locations: Domestic Terminal, Airside, Level 2, and International Terminals, Airside, Level 2.
Food & Drinks
- Food & Drinks – There are dozens of food concessions located both landside and airside. At the time of this update we are not able to confirm the hours; however, it is expected that most concessions are open 24/7.
- Information Desk – Information desks are available in key areas of the airport. Hours: unknown.
- Travel Agencies – If you are arriving in Moscow Domodedovo and need local arrangements or help planning a really last minute trip abroad, there is a dedicated Tourist Area in the airport with offices providing travel agency assistance. Location: Landside, International Arrivals. Hours: 24 hours.
- Baggage Carts – Need a hand with your luggage? Baggage carts are available free of charge.
- Cloakroom – Shed that heavy winter gear before taking off on your tropical destination! Each item of clothing, whether jacket or coat, is individually boxed and stored at a rate of 150₽ per calendar day. Location: Domestic Arrivals, landside, Ground Floor. Hours: Open 24 hours.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers – Left luggage storage is available at the following rates: 500₽ per calendar day for luggage under 100cm x 100cm x 300cm, or 1500₽ per calendar day for luggage over 150cm x 150cm x 300cm. Location: Domestic Arrivals, landside, Ground Floor. Hours: Open 24 hours. Self-service lockers are available at a rate of 100₽/hour, with unlimited access during rented time. In order to rent one, you must purchase a locker card at the entrance to the locker area. Location: International Arrivals Area, landside. Hours: Open 24 hours.
- Luggage Wrapping – Luggage wrapping service is available for a fee of 500₽ per bag / item. Two locations: Pack & Fly kiosk near Check-In desks 83-107, landside, Level 1. Hours: Open 24 hours • SecureBag kiosk near Check-in desks 12-82, landside, Level 1. Hours: Open 24 hours.
- Medical Clinic – Located landside on Level 1. Hours: Open 24 hours.
- Pharmacy – Pharmacy 36.6 is located landside on Level 2. Hours: Open 24 hours.
- Mobile Charging – Stand-alone mobile charging stations are located in all waiting lounges, landside and airside. Grounded 220v sockets and USB ports are available at each station. Battery chargers are also available for rent at the Left Luggage room. Rate: 200 RUB for 24 hours with a 2,000 RUB deposit (deposit is waived if you are also renting storage).
- ATMs / Cash Machines – Need cash? ATMs are available. Fees may apply, so be sure to check your bank’s fee schedule and your daily withdrawal limit if you are travelling internationally. You may also want to notify your bank of your travel plans. Locations: landside only, on Levels 1 and 2 of the terminal. If you need cash, you must use an ATM before you go through the security checkpoints.
- Currency Exchange – Sberbank of Russia offers currency exchange, money transfers, and other banking services from their office on Level 2. Currency exchange and some foreign currency transactions are also handled at OAO MKB DOM-BANK and OOO KB Financial Standard cash desks on Level 1.
- Chapel – The Chapel of St. Michael the Archangel is located landside on the 2nd floor.
- Prayer Area – The Safar Mosque is located landside on the 1st floor.
Rest & Relaxation
- Hotels – see “Airport Hotels” above.
- Lounges – see “Airport Lounges” above.
- Rest Zones – There are no dedicated sleeping areas, quiet areas or rest zones. If this information has changed, click here to update this guide.
- Duty Free & Shopping – Duty-free shopping is available airside at multiple shops in the international departures area. In addition, you’ll find retail stores and gift shops located throughout the airport.
Showers, Salon & Spa
- Showers – Freshen up before your flight! Showers are available for a fee of 350₽, which includes a towel, disposable slippers, and a toiletry kit. Hairdryers are available for rent for an additional 50₽. If you don’t need a shower, but want to change your clothes, you can access the shower area for 50₽. Location: International Arrivals area, left wing. Hours: Open 24 hours (closed for maintenance between 1:00AM – 3:00AM). Showers are also available in some of the business lounges.
- Smoking – Smoking is only permitted in designated areas outside the airport.
- Fast Track – Fast Track service is available for travellers departing on Domestic flights only. Rate: unknown.
The airport is open 24 hours.
Moscow Domodedovo airport is served by the following airlines: Aegean Airlines • Air Arabia • Air Manas • Air Moldova • Alrosa • AtlasGlobal • Austrian Airlines • Avia Traffic Company • Azerbaijan Airlines • Belavia • British Airways • El Al • Egyptair • Emirates • Ethiopian Airlines • Etihad Airways • Gulf Air • IrAero • Izhavia • Japan Airlines • Komiaviatrans • LOT • Lufthansa • Montenegro Airlines • Nordstar • Oman Air • Pegasus Airlines • Qatar Airways • Red Wings Airlines • Royal Air Maroc • Royal Jordanian • S7 Airlines • Severstal Air Company • Singapore Airlines • Smartavia • Somon Air • Swiss • TAP • Thai Airways • Turkmenistan Airlines • Ural Airlines • UVT Aero • Yamal Airlines.
Airport Transportation: Getting To/From The Airport
Domodedovo airport is well connected to the bus system. Of special note are the Express Bus and Shuttle Bus which connect to the Domodedovo metro station (Zamoskvoretskaya metro line) for onward travel. For additional bus options, fares and schedules, visit the Moscow Domodedovo Airport website.
The following car rental agencies are located onsite on the 1st floor of International Arrivals: Avis, Hertz, RentMotors and Sixt.
A few area hotels provide airport shuttle service: Airhotel Domodedovo • ibis Moscow Domodedovo Airport.
See also Airport Hotels above.
Taxis can be booked at the designated taxi counters located in the Arrivals area. For safety reasons, do not accept rides from unlicensed, unauthorized airport taxis.
The non-stop Aeroexpress connects Domodedovo with Paveletsky Station, accessible by Metro lines 2 and 5 (Metro stop: Paveletskaya), electric commuter trains and long-distance regional and international trains. Total trip time is 40 – 50 minutes one way. For schedules, fares and routes, visit the Aeroexpress website.
Service between Domodedovo and Paveletsky Station is also possible via ordinary commuter train. Total travel time is about 1 hour 15 min. For timetables and fare information, visit the Central PPK website.
Last updated: 2022-10-28
This guide is for informational purposes only to assist with your planning. All information, including rates and hours, are subject to change at any time without notice. The information in this airport guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports, lounges, hotels, transportation providers and their web sites. We are not representatives of any of the above mentioned service providers. To report errors or to add/update any items mentioned in the guide: update the airport guide or write a review.