Whether you have a layover, overnight sleepover or you are just quickly passing through, our Piura Airport Guide is a great place to start planning your visit. Here, you’ll find information on services and facilities available inside the airport – including details about airport lounges, WiFi, mobile charging points, lockers, 24-hour food options, nearby hotels, and everything in between.
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, here is a quick run-down of what to expect during your time at Piura Airport.
What to Expect
- This small airport provides flights to Lima several times a day.
- WiFi is available. See WiFi information in the airport guide below.
- Economy class travellers can pay to access one airport lounge. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
Where to Sleep
- As of February 2019, we have no reviews from travellers who have used this airport. Write a review to help future travellers!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
In this guide we may refer to locations as “landside” and “airside”. Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
Pay-per-use, Single Visit Passes & Lounge Memberships
Regardless of what class of service you are flying, there is a lounge that you can enter by paying at the door, purchasing a lounge pass or through a lounge membership program (ie. Priority Pass). Visit the individual lounge page for more details about the lounge itself and to also find out how you can gain lounge access with just an economy class ticket!
If sleeping in Piura Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Hotel Sol de Piura – (5 minutes from the airport) Free roundtrip Airport transfers are available. with prior notice. » Check Rates
- Costabella Hotel – (5 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle. » Check Rates
- Hotel Gran Palma – (8 minutes from the airport) Roundtrip airport shuttle is available with prior notice. » Check Rates
- LP Los Portales Piura Hotel – (5 minutes from the airport) Roundtrip airport shuttle is available. » Check Rates
- Intiotel – (7 minutes from the airport) Free airport shuttle service is available upon request. » Check Rates
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Piura Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
WiFi is available at Piura Airport inside the Caral VIP Lounge. At the time of this update, we did not have any information about WiFi availability elsewhere in the terminal. If you know, click here to update this airport guide.
More Services, Facilities & Things To Do On A Layover At The Airport
ATMs / Cash Machines – Need cash? ATMs are available. Machines are operated by Global Net, Scotiabank, BCP and Caja Piura. Fees may apply, so be sure to check your bank’s fee schedule and your daily withdrawal limit if you are travelling internationally. You may also want to notify your bank of your travel plans. Locations: Landside.
Duty Free & Shopping – Duty Free shopping is not available. The airport does have a few shops, both Landside and Airside. You will find the following available: Round Trip Market • San Roque • Papachay Market • Frozen • Total Snack • I Love PIU.
Baggage Carts – Need a hand with your luggage? Baggage carts are available free of charge.
Banking Services – Banking services are provided by Agente Express BBVA.
Food & Drink – At the time of this update, there are no 24 hour concessions. You will find the following at the airport: Round Trip Cafe • Rutta.
Luggage Storage & Lockers – Not available.
Mobile Charging – At the time of this update, we did not have any information about mobile charging availability. If you know, click here to update this airport guide.
Rest Zones – Not available.
Showers – Not available.
The airport is open 7:00AM – 9:00PM.
As of February 2019, Piura airport is served by the following airlines: LAN Perú • TACA Airlines • Peruvian Airlines.
Airport Transportation: Getting To/From The Airport
San Jose Rent a Car has a counter available in the Arrivals area of the airport.
Taxis are readily available for hire in the ground transportation area of the airport.
Last updated: 2019-02-05
This guide is for informational purposes only to assist with your planning. All information, including rates and hours, are subject to change at any time without notice. The information in this airport guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports, lounges, hotels, transportation providers and their web sites. We are not representatives of any of the above mentioned service providers. To report errors or to add/update any items mentioned in the guide: update the airport guide or write a review.