Whether you have a layover, overnight sleepover or you are just quickly passing through, our Tallinn Airport Guide is a great place to start planning your visit. Here, you’ll find information on services and facilities available inside the airport – including details about airport lounges, WiFi, mobile charging points, lockers, 24-hour food options, nearby hotels, and everything in between.
plenty of comfy places where to rest and sleep as well of a decent number of cafeterias and duty free shops. – Marino
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, here is a quick run-down of what travellers have reported to us during their time at Tallinn Airport.
What to Expect
- The terminal closes an hour after the last flight, reopening two hours before the first morning flight. If you arrived on an evening flight, you can remain inside the terminal if you have proof of a morning flight.
- The single terminal has several eateries, some shops, a bookstore, and a pharmacy. Everything closes early though; no 24-hour eateries.
- Staff is welcoming, and there are security guards for the overnight guests who were allowed to stay at the airport.
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
- Economy class passengers can purchase entry to an airport lounge. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for location and hours.
Where to Sleep
- Sleeping pods are available throughout the terminal.
- Plenty of seating available for the few travelers in several themed lounges: cushioned seats, benches, armchairs, and even bean bags.
- Floors are carpeted and appear to be in good shape and clean.
- Generally quiet with few overnight interruptions.
- Explore our guide to sleeping in Tallinn Airport or read some traveller reviews for more tips.
- For uninterrupted sleep, several hotels are nearby. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below for more info.
In this guide we may refer to locations as “landside” and “airside”. Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
Pay-per-use, Single Visit Passes & Lounge Memberships
Regardless of what class of service you are flying, there is a lounge that you can enter by paying at the door, purchasing a lounge pass or through a lounge membership program (ie. Priority Pass). Visit the individual lounge page for more details about the lounge itself and to also find out how you can gain lounge access with just an economy class ticket!
If sleeping in Tallinn Airport does not appeal to you, there is a hotel near the airport:
Inside Airport Sleep Pods – Once you are airside, there are a few free sleep pods for sleepy travellers to get some zzzz’s.
Near Airport Hotel Ülemiste – (2 minutes from the airport) The hotel does not have its own shuttle, but public bus 2 between the airport (bus stop “Lennujaam”) and the front of the hotel (bus stop “Lindakivi”) every 20 to 30 minutes. » Check Rates
Near Airport Kreutzwald Hotel Tallinn – (7 minutes from the airport) Airport shuttle is available on request ($). » Check Rates
Near Airport Radisson Blu Hotel Olumpia – (8 minutes from the airport) Airport shuttle is available on request ($). » Check Rates
Hotel Palace – (10 minutes from the airport) Airport shuttle is available on request ($). » Check Rates
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Tallinn Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
Free WiFi is available at Tallinn Airport. Connect to the “Airport Free by Guardtime” network. No registration required!
More Services, Facilities & Things To Do On A Layover At The Airport
- WiFi – see “Airport WiFi/Internet” above.
- Baby Care Facilities – A total of six clearly-marked baby changing rooms are available throughout the terminal, each located next to a restroom. Strollers are available for use in the airport, free of charge, for babies and toddlers.
- Children’s Play Area – There are two playgrounds in the terminal. The larger of the two is the Lotte Playground, with a cool three-story playhouse for climbing and sliding, a built-in TV with cartoons, some bean bag chairs and coloring books. Location: airside (Schengen area), near Gate 5 and the Kalev Candy and Toy Store. The smaller playground is located near the Goods of Estonia non-Schengen area store.
- Fitness – My Fitness opened a gym that is fully equipped with training machines (treadmill, elliptical trainer, rowing machine, exercise bicycle and staircase trainer) and a stretching area. Cost: Free. Location: Airside, near Gate 6.
Food & Drinks
- Food & Drinks – At the time of this update there are no 24 hour food concession; however, you will find food options available both Landside and Airside. There are also vending machines available (with some tasty treats at the main entrance location!!)
- Information Desk – An information booth is located Landside in the departure gates hall. Hours: unknown.
- Travel Agencies – If you are arriving in Tallinn and need local arrangements or help planning a really last minute trip abroad, there are a number of travel agencies with offices at the airport that can probably be of assistance. Estair, Estravel and Germalo Reisid are all located Landside.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers – Coin-operated luggage lockers are available at a rate of €2 per 24-hour period for a small locker (25x41x75cm) and €3 per 24-hours for a large locker (45x60x90cm). Location: Ground floor of the terminal. Safety deposit boxes are available for the storage of smaller items and important documents at a rate of €1 per 24 hours. Maximum storage period is 1 month. If you need to store a coat, gloves or other clothing items while you travel, you can use the airport’s wardrobe storage service for €2 per day, €9 for one week, €15 for two weeks and €5 per additional week. Children’s clothing can be stored for free with their parents’ clothing.
- Luggage Wrapping – Protect your valuable with Pack & Fly baggage wrapping! Rates are: €8 (suitcase), €14 (stroller), €14 (bicycle) and €14 for wrapping two pieces of luggage as one. They also offer insurance starting at €2 for €1,000 of coverage. Location: landside Hours: Open 1.5 hours before flights (closed between 11:00PM and 5:00AM).
- Pharmacy – Location: airside, near Euroshop Tax Free Hours: 5:00AM – 9:00PM (Mon-Fri).
- Mobile Charging – At the time of this update, we did not have any information about mobile charging availability. If you know, click here to update this airport guide.
- ATMs / Cash Machines – Need cash? ATMs are available. Fees may apply, so be sure to check your bank’s fee schedule and your daily withdrawal limit if you are travelling internationally. You may also want to notify your bank of your travel plans. Locations: Landside, in the Arrivals area • Airside, Currency Exchange, near Gate 3.
- Currency Exchange – Change It offers currency exchange landside and airside. Hours: 6:00AM until last flight (landside kiosk – Arrivals area) • Hours: 40 min before first flight departure until 11:00PM (airside kiosk – near Chiffonier).
- Prayer Room – An interfaith prayer room is located airside, between Chiffonier and Kalev Candy and Toy Store.
Rest & Relaxation
- Hotels – see “Airport Hotels” above.
- Lounges – see “Airport Lounges” above.
- Massage Chairs – available at the main entrance. Rates: unknown.
- Rest Zones – Not available.
- Duty Free & Shopping – Euroshop Tax Free, the main duty-free shop, is located just after the security check. Smaller Euroshop Tax Free shops are located near Gates 6 and 8 in the Schengen area, and near Gate 13 in the non-Schengen area. A small variety of retail shops are also available airside, as well as an R-Zone newsstands, both landside and airside. At the time of this update, there are no 24-hour shops in the airport.
Showers, Salon & Spa
- Showers – Available in the Business Lounge [ see Airport Lounges above ].
- Smoking Rooms – Four dedicated smoking rooms are available airside.
Things to do & see
- Art in the Airport – View works of art at the airport gallery, located landside on the 2nd Floor. Exhibits rotate every few months.
- Library – Does the thought of curling up with a good book appeal to you? Tallinn Airport has a self-service library with comfortable seating and a wide variety of books in multiple languages. You can take a book with you and return it when you’re done, or even leave one of your own for another traveler to enjoy. Children’s books are also available. Location: airside, next to Kohver Sweetest Cafe Hours: Open 24 hours
Airport Transportation: Getting To/From The Airport
Last updated: 2018-10-23
This guide is for informational purposes only to assist with your planning. All information, including rates and hours, are subject to change at any time without notice. The information in this airport guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports, lounges, hotels, transportation providers and their web sites. We are not representatives of any of the above mentioned service providers. To report errors or to add/update any items mentioned in the guide: update the airport guide or write a review.