Lisbon Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Lisbon Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
Frequently rousted by security, but generally allowed to stay put.
July 2015 - I wasn't sure if airport was opened at night, so I came here early (before 23:00). I was already checked-in so I went to the gates immediately to find a place to sleep. My spot was between gates 19 and 20. Chairs there have no handles so it was easy to lie there and feel as comfy as it could be. After 24:00 airport fell asleep) there were no flights, no announcements, no air condition (which is good cuz it's not cold to sleep) only janitors. I had several hours of good sleep and wasn't disturbed. Later I found several spots with actual coaches in the food court zone with plug-ins and stuff. Wifi works everywhere which is pretty cool. My verdict if it's not bad to spend a night here especially if you have an early flight and don't want to spend extra money on hotel and taxi.
Have you been to Lisbon Airport recently? Write a Review!
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
If you are an economy class traveller, you can enter these lounges at Lisbon airport either by purchasing a lounge pass or through a membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details (ie. facilities, hours, pass and membership information):
- Blue Lounge - Location: Terminal 1, Airside, near Gates 7-13. Hours: 6:00PM - 11:00PM (Daily). Lounge Access: Book Online (£23.00) • Priority Pass.
- ABC Business Center - Location: Terminal 1, Landside, near check-in desks 14-36. Showers are available. Hours: 8:00AM - 8:00PM (Mon - Fri) • Closed (Sat - Sun). Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (25 €).
- ANA Lounge - Location: Terminal 1, Airside, 6th Floor, Praça Lisboa. Showers are available. Hours: 5:00AM - 11:00PM (Daily). Lounge Access: Book Online (£20.00) • Priority Pass.
The airport offers two rest zones called "Living Spot". This is a free area where you can lay down on special rest chairs, charge your mobile phone or use one of the interactive features. Locations are:
- Terminal 1, Departures, Public Area/Landside
- Terminal 1, Departures Restricted Area/Airside, near the foodcourt and gate 17.
Unlimited free WiFi is available at Lisbon Airport. Connect to the "VINCI Airports wifi" network.
Additionally, there are several internet kiosks available Landside and Airside.
If sleeping in Lisbon Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- TRYP Lisboa Aeroporto Hotel - (5 min walk from the airport) This is the closest hotel to the airport, located next to Terminal 1.
- Pensao Residencial Terminus - (12 min walk from the airport) This hotel is located within walking distance of the airport, but you may have to cross busy roads, making a taxi more ideal for transportation to this hotel.
- Holiday Inn Express Lisbon Airport - (5 min from airport) Airport shuttle is 5 Euro per person each way.
- Radisson Blu Hotel Lisbon - (4 min from the airport) Free airport shuttle runs every hour between 6:00AM - 11:00PM.
To find a cheap room, there is a list of hotels near Lisbon Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - There are cash machines located Landside and Airside.
- Children's Play Areas - Location: Transfer Room, Schengen area, Floor 5, on the way to gates 7 to 13. In the future there will be another at Gates 41/46, Non-Schengen area, Floor 5. Hours: open 24 hours
- Currency Exchange - There are 7 currency exchange counters at the airport. Locations: Terminal 1, Arrivals, Landside • Terminal 1, Departures, Airside • Terminal 1, Departures, Landside • Terminal 2, Departures, Landside. Hours: Vary, none are open 24 hours.
- Duty Free & Shopping - Duty Free is available (5:00AM - 12:00AM) as well as a good selection of shops which are mostly open 6:00AM - 12:00AM.
- Family Services - Lisbon Airport is family friendly. The airport offers a family area that comes equipped with a microwave, bottle heater, and entertainment facilities. Location: Landside, 5th Floor, near the check-in counters. Hours: 7:00AM - 10:00PM. Additionally, they provide play areas, baby changing stations, strollers, support seats and facilities for babies.
- Food & Drinks -
There are many food options at Lison airport. Listed below are the 24 hour concessions in Terminal 1. There are no 24 hour food options in Terminal 2.
- Landside: Grab & Fly • Spoon Cafe
- Airside: First Cafe
- Landside: Grab & Fly • Spoon Cafe
- Information Desk - Location: Arrivals Hall, Landside • Departures Hall, Airside, next to Gate 15A. Hours: 7:00AM - 12:00AM.
- Living Spots - Head to a living spot to inquire about services at the airport, info about your flight, charge your mobile, send an email or just relax and wait for your flight. Locations: Terminal 1 Landside (Departures) and Airside near the foodcourt and Gate 17.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - Location: arrivals area, next to car park area P2. Rates: from €3.20 (up to 10kg) - €9.40 (over 30 kg). Hours: open 24 hours.
- Medical Services - Available at the First Aid Stations in both Terminals. Hours are not known.
- Pharmacy - Locations: Terminal 1, Landside, Departures Hall (Hours: 7:00AM - 10:00PM) • Terminal 1, Airside, Departures Area, Lisbon Square (Hours: 6:00AM - 10:00PM) • Terminal 1, Landside, Arrivals Area (Hours: 7:00AM - 10:00PM).
- Rest Zones - Rest and watch planes land and take off from the comfort of a recumbent chair. Location: Terminal 1, Airside near gates 19 and 20.
- Showers - Showers are available in the ABC Business Center located in Terminal 1, Landside.
- Smoking - There is a designated smoking area available. Location: Airside, Near Gate 43
The airport is open 24 hours.
Aerobus service is operated by the Yellow Bus Tours company. This service provides regular transportation between the airport, bus terminal, rail terminals, major hotels, and several main points of the city. Two different Aerobus lines are available: Line 1 to City Center and Line 2 to Financial Center. Aerobus operates daily from 7:00AM - 11:00PM. Tickets can be purchased on board the Aerobus at 3,50€ for an adult single line 24-hour ticket (valid for 24 hours after validation) or 5,50€ for an adult two-line 24-hour ticket. Discounted tickets are available if purchased on Yellow Bus Tour’s website. Child fares and group fares (4 or more adults) are also available.
Five public bus lines operate in and out of the airport. A Carris/Metro single ticket is 1,40€ (1,80€ if purchased on the bus) and a 1-day ticket (valid for 24 hours after validation) is 6€. Viva Viagem cardholders’ fare is 0.50€. There is a baggage size limit for these buses: 50x40x20cm. If your luggage is over the size limit, you will need to take the Aerobus. For additional information on schedules, fares, and service areas, go to the Carris/Transportes de Lisboa website.
Avis, Europcar, Goldcar, Guerin/Enterprise, Hertz and Sixt rental car agencies operate reception desks at the airport.
Group Airport Shuttles
100 Rumos operates a shared-ride airport shuttle service between the airport, Lisbon, and Porto. This door-to-door service is ideal for those who want a relaxing and comfortable way to travel to or from the airport. Fares start at 6€ per person, per ride. For further information or to reserve a seat, go to the 100 Rumos website.
Lisbon Airport can be reached by underground train from the city. Passengers can reach the airport from Saldanha (Lisbon’s city center district) in 16 to 21 minutes on the metro’s red line. The train makes a few stops along the way for passengers boarding from train stations along the same route. A Carris/Metro single ticket is 1,40€ and a 1-day ticket (valid for 24 hours after validation) is 6€. Viva Viagem cardholders’ fare is 0.50€. The Airport Metro Station is open from 6:30AM to 1:00AM.
Lisbon Oriente Station (Gare do Oriente) is a modern and architecturally stunning train station. Designed to look like a row of trees, Oriente Station is the world’s largest train station, serving over 75 million passengers each year. Trains from this station travel to cities within Portugal and major cities in neighboring countries. To reach Oriente Station from the airport, take the metro’s red line to the Oriente Station stop or take buses N.208, N.705, or N.744.
Last Updated: 26 April 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airport's and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.