In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Lisbon Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
Frequently rousted by security, but generally allowed to stay put. -euromancan
"I had a 10 hour overnight layover in Lisbon between my flight from France to the United States. I absolutely dreaded the thought of spending the night in an airport, but thankfully it wasn't as horrible as I thought it would be.
I hung out in the food court area until around midnight. I had been told earlier that there was a certain area I had to go to the main lobby if I were spending the night, but an airport employee told me otherwise. So, I spent the night in the food court area, as did other people, mostly families. I felt safe, more or less. The area remained well-lit throughout the night, and if you are able to claim one of the long couch-like seating areas to sleep in, it will be relatively comfortable."
Have you been to Lisbon Airport recently? Tell us about it!
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
If you are an economy class traveller, you can enter these lounges at Lisbon airport either by purchasing a day pass or through a membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details (ie. facilities, hours, pass and membership information):
- Blue Lounge - Location: Terminal 1, Airside, near Gates 7-13. Hours: 6am - 11pm. Lounge Access: Book Online (£23.00) • Priority Pass.
- ABC Business Center - Location: Terminal 1, Landside, near check-in desks 14-36. Showers are available. Hours: 8am - 8pm (Mon - Fri). Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (25 €) • Priority Pass.
- Lisbon Lounge - Location: Terminal 1, Airside, near McDonalds. Hours: 5am - 9pm. Lounge Access: Priority Pass.
- Blue Lounge - Location: Terminal 2, Airside, first floor. Lounge Access: Book Online (£23.00) • Priority Pass.
The airport offers two rest zones called "Living Spot". This is a free area where you can lay down on special rest chairs, charge your mobile phone or use one of the interactive features. Locations are:
- Terminal 1, Departures, Public Area/Landside
- Terminal 1, Departures Restricted Area/Airside, near the foodcourt and gate 17.
Free WiFi is available at Lisbon Airport for 30 minutes per 12 hour period. Connect to the "Boingo Hotspot". A credit card will be required to register for your account.
Additionally, there are several internet kiosks available Landside and Airside.
If sleeping in the Lisbon Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels close to the airport....
- Holiday Inn Express - 5 minutes from airport. Shuttle bus available. Free continental breakfast
- Radisson Blu Lisboa - free airport shuttle every hour between 6am-11pm
To find a cheap room, there is a list of hotels near Lisbon Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - There are cash machines located Landside and Airside.
- Car Rentals - Avis • Budget • Europcar • Enterprise • Hertz • Goldcar Rental.
- Children's Play Areas - Location: Transfer Room, Schengen area, Floor 5, on the way to gates 7 to 13. In the future there will be another at Gates 41/46, Non-Schengen area, Floor 5. Hours: open 24 hours
- Currency Exchange - There are 7 currency exchange counters at the airport. Locations: Terminal 1, Arrivals, Landside • Terminal 1, Departures, Airside • Terminal 1, Departures, Landside • Terminal 2, Departures, Landside. Hours: Vary, none are open 24 hours.
- Family Services - Lisbon Airport is family friendly. The airport offers a family area that comes equipped with a microwave, bottle heater, and entertainment facilities. Location: Landside, 5th Floor, near the check-in counters. Hours: 7:00AM - 10:00PM. Additionally, they provide play areas, baby changing stations, strollers, support seats and facilities for babies.
- Food & Drinks -
There are many food options at Lison airport. Listed below are the 24 hour concessions in Terminal 1. There are no 24 hour food options in Terminal 2.
»Landside: Grab & Fly • Spoon Cafe
»Airside: First Cafe
- Information Desk - Location: Arrivals Hall, Landside • Departures Hall, Airside, next to Gate 15A. Hours: 7am - 12am.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - Location: arrivals area, next to car park area P2. Rates: from €3.20 (up to 10kg) - €9.40 (over 30 kg). Hours: open 24 hours.
- Pharmacy - Locations: Terminal 1, Landside, Departures Hall (Hours: 7:00AM - 10:00PM) • Terminal 1, Airside, Departures Area, Lisbon Square (Hours: 6:00AM - 10:00PM).
- Rest Zones - There are two free rest zones in Terminal 1 that all passengers have access to. see Airport Lounges above.
- Showers - Showers are available in the ABC Business Center located in Terminal 1, Landside. Rate:
The airport is open 24 hours.
Download the Terminal Map
Facebook and Twitter Tips
The SleepingInAirports community depends on travellers, like you, to share their airport experiences through airport reviews and survey responses. If you had a good or bad experience at Lisbon Airport, tell us about it!
- Complete the 2015 Airport Survey - Your responses to this short (and easy!) questionnaire will help us determine the Best and Worst Airports of 2015.
- Submit your Airport Review - Register to submit your airport review or simply email your annonymous review to me and I will add it to the database.
Thank you for helping the Community!
Lisbon Travel Resources
- Lisbon Hotel Deals - compare rates, check availability and read reviews
Last Updated: 23 February 2015
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airport's and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you du ring your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items quoted in the guide, email me.
Best and Worst Airports of 2015