Moscow Domodedovo Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Moscow Domodedovo Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
upstairs - a cozy looking area where you can rent movies and sit on comfy couches to watch them. -KR
To help you plan your layover, here is a quick run-down of what travellers have reported to us during their time at Moscow Domodedovo Airport.
What to Expect
- This medium-sized airport has one terminal, divided into regional and international destinations.
- Airport staff and security generally don’t mind overnight travellers, and many travellers report feeling safe - both seemed to have improved in recent years.
- Some travellers experienced strong language barriers.
- Many eateries and cafes are open 24-hours.
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- There are plenty of seating areas, though most have armrests. Lots of travellers stay overnight, and a few reported that security may wake you.
- Some travellers spread out on the floor near the chapel on the departure level.
- For uninterrupted sleep, two hotels are located at or next to the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Economy class travelers can buy a pass and relax in several airport lounges; one has showers. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Moscow Domodedovo Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
If you are an economy class traveller, you can enter these lounges at Moscow Domodedovo airport either by purchasing a lounge pass or through a membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details (ie. facilities, hours, pass and membership information):
- Airport Business Lounge - Location: Domestic Terminal, Airside, Sector C, 2nd Floor. Hours: open 24 hours. Lounge Access: Book Online (£32 - minimum 24 hour advance purchase is required).
- Comfort Lounge - Location: Domestic Terminal, Airside, near Gate 37. Hours: open 24 hours.
- Shostakovich Lounge - Location: Domestic Terminal, Airside, 2nd Floor, Gate 42. Hours: open 24 hours. Lounge Access: Book Online (£24 - minimum 24 hour advance purchase is required)
- Airport Business Lounge - Location: International Terminal, Airside, access via Sectors A or B, 2nd Floor. Showers are available. Hours: open 24 hours. Lounge Access: Book Online (£32 - minimum 24 hour advance purchase is required)
- S7 Business Lounge - Location: International Terminal, Airside, 2nd floor. Hours: open 24 hours.
Free WiFi is available at Moscow Domodeovo Airport. Connect to the "MTS/Tascom", "MTS/Tascom_Free", "MTS_Wi-Fi" or "MTS_Wi-Fi_Free" networks. If you do not have a mobile device, you can use the Domodedovo Internet Center, where you can rent computers or use other business services such as printing and scanning. PC Rental Fee: RUR 80 (15 min) - RUR 250.00 (1 hour). Location: 2nd Floor, Trade Zone. Hours: open 24 hours.
If sleeping in Domodedovo Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Domodedovo Airhotel - (3 min walk from the terminal) Free 24-hr airport minibus runs every 15 minutes between the hotel and the bus stop in front of Exit 3 at the airport.
- Kotlyakovo Hotel - (4 min from the airport) Russian-language only, cash only hotel near the airport. Airport shuttle available.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Moscow Domodedovo Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- Baby Care Room. Includes a rest room, clothes dryer, kitchen, children’s entertainment centre and more for parents and children. Location: 2nd floor of the passenger terminal. Hours: 24 hours a day. Medical certificate is required for admission which can be obtained in the Passenger Terminal Medical Station.
- Baggage Carts - Available free of charge
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Chapel and Mosque - The Chapel of Archangel Mikail is located on the 2nd floor (Hours: 10:00AM - 7:00PM), while the mosque is located on the first floor to left of the escalators (Hours: unknown).
- DVD Movie Theatre - "MOVIE POINT" features one-, two- and four-seat boxes equiped with TV-sets, DVD-players, headphones and cosy arm-chairs. If you have a laptop, you can just rent out a DVD. You can choose from more than 200 films to watch. Location: 2nd Level. Hours: open 24 hours.
- Duty Free & Shopping - Duty Free is available as well as a small selection of stores. All shops are open 24/7.
- Food & Drinks - There are dozens of food concessions located both landside and airside. All concessions are open 24/7.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - Location: Underground Level, in the right and left wings of the airport terminal. Rates: from 500₽. Hours: open 24 hours.
- Showers - Available in the Business Lounge. A disposable towel, slippers, shower gel and soap are included. Location: Left wing of International arrival zone passenger terminal. Hours: 24 hours accept closed between 1:00AM and 3:00AM daily. Fee: 350₽ for 1 hour. Blow-dry service is another 50₽ and changing room is also 50₽.
- Smoking - Smoking is only permitted in designated areas outside the airport
- Spa & Salon Services - 7 Krasok Thai Spa offers traditional Thai and Balinese massage in three levels of service: standard, premium and luxury. Location: unknown Hours: Open 24 hours.
The airport is open 24 hours.
Three companies (Autoline, Alpha-Mobil and Mostransavto) operate minibus service between the airport and Domodedovskaya metro station. Departures are every 15 minutes between 6:00AM - 12:00AM, with a total trip time of 25 - 30 minutes. Fare is 120₽, payable to the driver (cash only).
Ryazan - Domodedovo coaches run an intercity round trip circuit between Ryazan and Domodedovo Airport, with stops along the way in Lukhovitsy and Kolomna. Buses depart every 4 hours for the 3. 5 hour journey (one way). One-way fares are 400₽ (airport - Kolomna), 500₽ (airport - Lukhovitsy) and 600₽ (airport - Ryazan). The airport bus stop is located in the Public Transport lot, 100m from Exit 3.
The following car rental agencies are located onsite on the 1st floor of International Arrivals: Avis, Europcar, Hertz and RentMotors. Hours of operation are daily from 9:00AM - 9:00PM except for Hertz (10:00AM - 10:00PM).
Several area hotels provide airport transportation service as a courtesy to their guests. Here are a few hotels offering airport shuttle service: Airhotel Domodedovo (Shuttle Hours: 24 hours, departs every 15 minutes) - Ramada Moscow Domodedovo (Shuttle Hours: 4:00AM - 12:00AM, every 30 minutes, upon request).
Taxis can be booked at the designated taxi counters located in the Arrivals area. For safety reasons, do not accept rides from unlicensed, unauthorized airport taxis.
The following trains stop at the Domodedovo Airport railway station, located in the right wing of the airport:
The non-stop Aeroexpress connects Domodedovo with Paveletsky Station, accessible by Metro lines 2 and 5 (Metro stop: Paveletskaya), electric commuter trains and long-distance regional and international trains. Total trip time is 40 - 50 minutes one way. A single trip fare is 470₽ and a roundtrip fare (good for up to 30 days) is 940₽, and a Plus Metro fare (Aeroexpress + 1 Metro trip) is 530₽. Discounted fares of 420₽ are available on the Aeroexpress website or mobile app. Tickets are sold at Aeroexpress ticket counters, vending machines, Pay@Gate service turnstiles, partner-owned ticket outlets and by using a rechargeable Troika card.
Service between Domodedovo and Paveletsky Station is also possible via ordinary commuter train. Total travel time is about 1 hour 15 min. For timetables and fare information, visit the Central PPK website.
Last Updated: 03 October 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.