Moscow Domodedovo Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Moscow Domodedovo Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
upstairs - a cozy looking area where you can rent movies and sit on comfy couches to watch them. -KR
To help you plan your layover, here is a quick run-down of what travellers have reported to us during their time at Moscow Domodedovo Airport.
What to Expect
- This medium-sized airport has one terminal, divided into regional and international destinations.
- Airport staff and security generally don’t mind overnight travellers, and many travellers report feeling safe - both seemed to have improved in recent years.
- Some travellers experienced strong language barriers.
- Many eateries and cafes are open 24-hours.
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- There are plenty of seating areas, though most have armrests. Lots of travellers stay overnight, and a few reported that security may wake you.
- Some travellers spread out on the floor near the chapel on the departure level.
- For uninterrupted sleep, two hotels are located at or next to the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Economy class travelers can buy a pass and relax in several airport lounges; one has showers. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Moscow Domodedovo Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
If you are an economy class traveller, you can enter these lounges at Moscow Domodedovo airport either by purchasing a lounge pass or through a membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details (ie. facilities, hours, pass and membership information):
- Airport Business Lounge - Location: Domestic Terminal, Airside, Sector C, 2nd Floor. Hours: open 24 hours. Lounge Access: Book Online (£32 - minimum 24 hour advance purchase is required).
- Comfort Lounge - Location: Domestic Terminal, Airside, near Gate 37. Hours: open 24 hours.
- Shostakovich Lounge - Location: Domestic Terminal, Airside, 2nd Floor, Gate 42. Hours: open 24 hours. Lounge Access: Book Online (£24 - minimum 24 hour advance purchase is required)
- Airport Business Lounge - Location: International Terminal, Airside, access via Sectors A or B, 2nd Floor. Showers are available. Hours: open 24 hours. Lounge Access: Book Online (£32 - minimum 24 hour advance purchase is required)
- S7 Business Lounge - Location: International Terminal, Airside, 2nd floor. Hours: open 24 hours.
Free WiFi is available at Domodedovo Airport. Connect to the “DME_free” network. If you don’t have a mobile device to connect to the internet, head to the Megaphone Internet Center on Level 2. Computer with internet access are available for use for a fee of 80₽ per 15 min., 140₽ for 30 min., or 250₽ for 1 hour. Additional services, such as printing, copying, scanning, and recording of data on a memory stick, is also available for a fee.
If sleeping in Domodedovo Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Domodedovo Airhotel - (3 minute walk from the terminal) Free 24-hr airport minibus runs every 15 minutes between the hotel and the bus stop in front of Exit 3 at the airport.
- Kotlyakovo Hotel - (4 minutes from the airport) Russian-language only, cash only hotel near the airport. Free airport shuttle is available. From the airport look for a hotel representative who will arrange the shuttle, from the hotel to the airport, the van leaves every hour at 15 minutes past the hour.
- Ramada Moscow Domodedovo - (5 minutes from the airport) Free shuttle to and from airport.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Moscow Domodedovo Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - ATMs are available landside only, on Levels 1 and 2 of the terminal. If you need cash, you must use an ATM before you go through the security checkpoints.
- Baby Care Room. A kitchenette, dining area with high chairs, TV lounge, play area, changing tables, and more are available in the Baby Care Room. This room is accessible to adult travelers with children aged 8 and under (12 years and under, if also traveling with children aged 8 and under), pregnant women (2nd trimester and beyond), and mobility-impaired children who are aged 14 and under. Only one adult allowed in per qualifying child. Entry is free, but a passport, flight ticket, and medical clearance certificate (granted by the First Aid clinic) is required for access to the facility. Location: Level 2, landside. Hours: Open 24 hours. If you just need a simple area for changing your baby’s diaper or clothing, Baby Changer rooms are located airside on the concourses of Levels 1 and 2. Look for signs with the baby-change symbol. Hours: Open 24 hours.
- Baggage Carts - Available free of charge
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Chapel - The Chapel of St. Michael the Archangel is located landside on the 2nd floor.
- Children’s Play Area - Kids can burn off steam before a flight in one of the airport’s soft and colorful play areas, designed for children ages 3 - 8. Locations: Level 2, airside, one each in the Domestic and International terminals.
- Cloakroom - Shed that heavy winter gear before taking off on your tropical destination! Each item of clothing, whether jacket or coat, is individually boxed and stored at a rate of 150₽ per calendar day. Location: Domestic Arrivals, landside, Ground Floor. Hours: Open 24 hours.
- Currency Exchange - Sberbank of Russia offers currency exchange, money transfers, and other banking services from their office on Level 2. Currency exchange and some foreign currency transactions are also handled at OAO MKB DOM-BANK and OOO KB Financial Standard cash desks on Level 1.
- Duty Free & Shopping - Duty-free shopping is available airside at multiple shops in the international departures area. In addition, you’ll find retail stores and gift shops located throughout the airport.
- Food & Drinks - There are dozens of food concessions located both landside and airside. All concessions are open 24/7.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - Left luggage storage is available at the following rates: 500₽ per calendar day for luggage under 100cm x 100cm x 300cm, or 1500₽ per calendar day for luggage over 150cm x 150cm x 300cm. Location: Domestic Arrivals, landside, Ground Floor. Hours: Open 24 hours. Self-service lockers are available at a rate of 100₽/hour, with unlimited access during rented time. In order to rent one, you must purchase a locker card at the entrance to the locker area. Location: International Arrivals Area, landside. Hours: Open 24 hours.
- Luggage Wrapping - Luggage wrapping service is available for a fee of 500₽ per bag / item. Two locations: Pack & Fly kiosk near Check-In desks 83-107, landside, Level 1. Hours: Open 24 hours • SecureBag kiosk near Check-in desks 12-82, landside, Level 1. Hours: Open 24 hours.
- Mobile Charging - Stand-alone mobile charging stations are located in all waiting lounges, landside and airside. Grounded 220v sockets and USB ports are available at each station.
- Pharmacy - Pharmacy 36.6 is located landside on Level 2. Hours: Open 24 hours.
- Post Office - In addition to ordinary mailing services, Russian Post also offers faxing and telegram service. Location: Level 2. Hours: 8:00AM - 8:00PM.
- Prayer Area - The Safar Mosque is located landside on the 1st floor.
- Showers - Freshen up after a long flight! Showers are available for a fee of 350₽, which includes a towel, disposable slippers, and a toiletry kit. Hairdryers are available for rent for an additional 50₽. If you don’t need a shower, but want to change your clothes, you can access the shower area for 50₽. Location: International Arrivals area, left wing. Hours: Open 24 hours (closed for maintenance between 1:00AM - 3:00AM). Showers are also available in some of the business lounges.
- Smoking - Smoking is only permitted in designated areas outside the airport
The airport is open 24 hours.
Three companies (Autoline, Alpha-Mobil and Mostransavto) operate minibus service between the airport and Domodedovskaya metro station. Departures are every 15 minutes between 6:00AM - 12:00AM, with a total trip time of 25 - 30 minutes. Fare is 120₽, payable to the driver (cash only).
Ryazan - Domodedovo coaches run an intercity round trip circuit between Ryazan and Domodedovo Airport, with stops along the way in Lukhovitsy and Kolomna. Buses depart every 4 hours for the 3. 5 hour journey (one way). One-way fares are 400₽ (airport - Kolomna), 500₽ (airport - Lukhovitsy) and 600₽ (airport - Ryazan). The airport bus stop is located in the Public Transport lot, 100m from Exit 3.
The following car rental agencies are located onsite on the 1st floor of International Arrivals: Avis, Europcar, Hertz and RentMotors. Hours of operation are daily from 9:00AM - 9:00PM except for Hertz (10:00AM - 10:00PM).
Several area hotels provide airport transportation service as a courtesy to their guests. Here are a few hotels offering airport shuttle service: Airhotel Domodedovo (Shuttle Hours: 24 hours, departs every 15 minutes) - Ramada Moscow Domodedovo (Shuttle Hours: 4:00AM - 12:00AM, every 30 minutes, upon request).
Taxis can be booked at the designated taxi counters located in the Arrivals area. For safety reasons, do not accept rides from unlicensed, unauthorized airport taxis.
The following trains stop at the Domodedovo Airport railway station, located in the right wing of the airport:
The non-stop Aeroexpress connects Domodedovo with Paveletsky Station, accessible by Metro lines 2 and 5 (Metro stop: Paveletskaya), electric commuter trains and long-distance regional and international trains. Total trip time is 40 - 50 minutes one way. A single trip fare is 470₽ and a roundtrip fare (good for up to 30 days) is 940₽, and a Plus Metro fare (Aeroexpress + 1 Metro trip) is 530₽. Discounted fares of 420₽ are available on the Aeroexpress website or mobile app. Tickets are sold at Aeroexpress ticket counters, vending machines, Pay@Gate service turnstiles, partner-owned ticket outlets and by using a rechargeable Troika card.
Service between Domodedovo and Paveletsky Station is also possible via ordinary commuter train. Total travel time is about 1 hour 15 min. For timetables and fare information, visit the Central PPK website.
Last Updated: 24 March 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.