Toronto Pearson Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Toronto Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
there were lots of other people sleeping there. The airport staff were friendly. They even provided foamy mats for people to sleep on! -a traveller
Terminal 3 (landside). Photo credit: SleepingInAirports.net
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Toronto Pearson Airport.
What to Expect
- The Toronto airport has two passengers terminals: Terminal 1 and Terminal 3. A short train, called the Terminal Link, shuttles passengers between the two.
- Some reviewers have warned that the signs can be confusing and difficult to follow here. Be sure to pay close attention or you may get lost.
- A couple reviewers also warned of long and difficult security lines.
- On arrival, be prepared for a long walk to the immigration counter. Wear your walking shoes as you are in for a good hike.
- 24 hour concessions can be found landside
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi information in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- There is a nice amount of seating without armrests found throughout the airport, both landside and airside.
- In particular, we recommend the designated rest zone in Terminal 1, landside on the Departures level.
- If you decide to sleep, don’t forget earplugs or noise cancelling headphones to help reduce the noise.
- Stay warm with a blanket.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there is a hotel connected to Terminal 3 and other nearby hotels that provide free airport shuttles. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Showers can be found in both terminals. See Showers in the airport guide below.
- Economy class passengers can pay to use one of the first class lounges. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Toronto Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
If you are an economy class traveller, you can enter these lounges at Toronto airport either by purchasing a lounge pass or through a membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details (ie. facilities, hours, pass and membership information):
There are 10 lounges at the Toronto airport that you can buy your way into:
- Plaza Premium Lounge -
There are 5 Plaza Premium Lounge locations that passengers on any airline and class of service can pay to use. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door ($ 40 - 2 hours • $ 50 -3 hours • $70 - 6 hours) • Book Online (£22.00).
- Domestic - Location: Terminal 1, Airside, Domestic Departures. Showers are available. Hours: 5:00AM - 10:30PM (Daily).
- Pearson Lounge - Location: Terminal 1, Airside, International Departures, Level 3, Gate E77. Hours: 5:00AM - 10:00PM (Daily).
- US Transborder - Location: Terminal 1, Airside on level 2. Showers are available. Hours: 5:00AM - 8:30PM (Daily).
- Domestic - Location: Terminal 3, Airside, Domestic Departures, Level 2, between Gates B22 and B24. Hours: 5:00AM - 10:30PM (Daily).
- International - Location: Terminal 3, Airside, Gate C33. Showers are available. Hours: 4:30AM - 10:30PM (Daily).
- Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounge - Lounge Access: Maple Leaf Club Membership.
- American Airlines Admiral's Club - Location: Terminal 3, Airside, Concourse B. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (US$50) • Admiral's Club Membership.
- Air France / KLM Crown Lounge - Terminal 3, Airside, Concourse C, next to Gate 33. Hours: 1:00PM - 12:00AM (Daily). Lounge Access: Book Online (£25.00).
Free WiFi is available at Toronto Airport. Connect to the “Toronto Pearson Wi-Fi” network.
If sleeping in Toronto Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Sheraton Gateway Hotel - Connected to Terminal 3 via climate-controlled walkway. The hotel has a 24 hour fitness center with gym, pool, whirlpool, sauna and change room. Purchase a day pass at the front desk for $ 25.
- ALT Hotel Toronto Pearson - (4 min from the airport) A new, resonably priced hotel located at Viscount station, at the end of the LINK train line. Free airport shuttle service to Terminals 1 and 3.
- Four Points by Sheraton Toronto Airport - (5 min from the airport) Located adjacent to Terminal 3. You could walk there from Terminal 3 if you just missed the shuttle and didn't want to wait for the next one. Free airport shuttle service departs every 30 minutes on the hour and half-hour. Airport shuttle picks up from Terminal 1 (S5 on Level G, lowest exit of the terminal) and Terminal 3 (C22 on Arrivals Level 1, lowest exit of the terminal).
- Comfort Inn Toronto Airport - (5 min from the airport) Located adjacent to the airport. No airport shuttle.
To find a cheap room, there is a list of hotels near Pearson Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price.
- Art and Exhibits - Terminal 1 currently offers large scultures (airside), a changing art display (landside) and a dinosaur display (landside). Terminal 3 has a film exhibition created by the Toronto International Film Festival.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Yes. Available throughout both terminals (landside and airside).
- Baggage Carts - Available for free throughout the airport.
- Children Play Areas - Your little rugrats will be entertained here with a few small play areas available airside.
Terminal 1 (Level 2) - You'll find them at gates 105, 124 139, 145
Terminal 3 (Level 2 ) - this play area seems to be an after thought. It is located at the far end of the terminal at C35. Any further away and it would be on the tarmac.
- Currency Exchange - ICE and Travelex have kiosks available on the Arrivals and Departures levels of Terminals 1 and 3 (landside).
- Duty Free & Shopping - Duty-free shopping is available airside in the gated areas of Terminals 1 and 3.
- Food & Drinks - Food concessions throughout the airport operate with varying schedules. These options are open 24 hours:
- Terminal 1 International: Starbucks (Level 1, landside, Arrivals)
- Terminal 1 Canada: A&W (Level 2, airside, Gate D37) ▪ Subway (Level 3, landside, Check-In) ▪ Tim Horton’s (Level 1, landside, Arrivals) ▪ Tim Horton’s (Level 2, airside, Gate D51) ▪ Tim Horton’s (Level 2, airside, Gate E74)
- Terminal 3 Canada: Subway (Arrivals Level, landside, near Domestic Arrivals)
- Terminal 3 International: Tim Horton’s (landside, Arrivals)
- Terminal 3: Wendy’s (landside, Departures Level)
- Gym - In 2013, Goodlife Fitness opened a 10,000 sq.ft workout area that contains state-of-the-art training equipment, stretching area, and free weights. The facility offers changerooms with showers, soap, conditioner, lotion, hair dryers. Location: Terminal 1 on Level 1, Arrivals, Area F. Rate: Day passes cost $ 15 per person per day. They have a Reebok clothing and shoe bundle to rent for $10. Hours: 4:00AM - 11:30PM.
- Information Desk - Locations: available on the Arrivals Level. Hours: unknown Luggage Storage / Lockers -Whether you wish to store your coat before traveling to a warm destination, or simply want to enjoy your layover unburdened by luggage, you can store your things at Samsonite. Storage prices per day, per piece range from $5 - $8 for luggage and personal items, and $2 per day for coats. Located in Terminals 1 and 3.
- Manicure - Have 10 mins to spare? Head to 10 Minute Manicure. Locations: Terminal 1, Airside, Canada Level 2 Gates and USA Level 2 near Gate 57. Hours 7:00AM - 9:00PM every day.
- Medical Services - Take care of your health at Skyhealth Walk-In Medical Clinic. Walk-ins are welcome. Location: Terminal 1 Canada, landside, Level 2 Parking and Link Train. Hours: 8:00AM - 8:00PM.
- Mobile Charging - At the gates, some seats have power points nearby.
Rest Zone -
- CIBC Welcome Centre - In Terminal 1 on the Arrivals Level, there are 6 or 7 large padded seats to sink into. Unfortunately, the seats are located across from the International Arrivals door, so it is not particularly quiet. You would be best to have noise cancelling headphones if you nap here during the daytime.
- Lounge 15 - Formerly known as Lounge Q. In August 2015, when we heard rumblings in a recent traveller review that this seating area no longer exists and the airport rudely ignored our requests, we headed out to YYZ to find the answer ourselves. Well, the lounge is still there, but the seating has been drastically reduced. There were still a lot of empty seats though and a few airport sleepers were spotted enjoying the armrest free seating. There is also a play area for children. Location: Terminal 1, Departures Level, Landside, Aisle 15.
- Pharmacy - Skyhealth Pharmacy is located next to Skyhealth Medical Clinic. Location: Terminal 1 Canada, landside, Level 2 Parking and Link Train. Hours: 6:00AM - 10:00PM
- Prayer Rooms - The Aviation Interfaith Ministry centres offer a quiet place to pray, meditate and reflect. Chaplains, Roman Catholic mass and Interdenominational Christian services are available. Locations: Terminal 1 (Level 1) and Terminal 3 (Level 2).
- Showers - Showers can found in three areas: Airside in the three Plaza Premium Lounges ( see Airport Lounges above ) • Goodlife ( Location: Terminal 1, Landside, Level 1, Arrivals, Area F ) • Sheraton Gateway ( Location: Terminal 3, Landside - see Airport Hotels above ).
- Spa - Manicures, pedicures, facials, massages and more are available at Be Relax. Location: Terminal 3 Canada, airside, Departures Level (Gate B5). Hours: 7:00AM - 9:00PM.
The airport is open 24 hours.
Toronto Transit Commission (TTC) - Toronto Pearson Airport is served by four TTC express and local bus routes:
- 192 Airport Rocket - Service between both airport terminals and Kipling Station (subway), with a few stops in between. One-way total travel time is 20 - 25 minutes.
- 52A Lawrence West - Service between both airport terminals and Lawrence/West Lawrence subway stations.
- 300A Bloor-Danforth - Nightly service between the airport and the Bloor-Danforth corridor from 2:00AM - 5:00AM.
- 307 Eglinton West - Nightly service between the airport and Yonge Street-Eglinton Ave from 1:30AM - 5:00AM.
TTC bus stops are located at Terminal 1 (Ground Level, 2nd curb, Column R4) and Terminal 3 (Arrivals, 3rd curb, Column C12). For fares and schedules, visit the TTC website.
GO Transit provides bus service between the airport and North York via Bus Route 34; Hamilton, Oakville and Mississauga via Bus Route 40; and hourly service to Yorkdale, Yonge & Sheppard and Finch subway station. During rush hour, service is available every 30 minutes. The GO bus stops are at Terminal 1 (Ground Level, 2nd curb, Column Q2-Q4). Travel time between the airport and North York is 15-30 minutes, depending on traffic. For fares and schedules, visit the GO Transit website.
The Brampton Transit Airport Express runs between Toronto Pearson Terminal 1 (Ground Level, 2nd curb, Column S2) and Bramalea Terminal at Bramalea City Centre Shopping Mall, with several stops along the route. For fares and schedules, visit the Brampton Transit website.
MiWay local transit buses serve the city of Mississauga. Route 7N and Route 7S buses travel between City Center Bus Terminal (Platform K) and Westwood Mall Bus Terminal (Platform C), stopping at the airport’s Terminal 1 (Ground Level, 2nd curb, Column S4) in either direction. For fares and schedule information, visit the MiWay website.
Six car rental agencies operate on-site on Level 1 of the parking garages located next to Terminals 1 and 3: Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise, Hertz, National/Alamo and Thrifty. Several off-site rental agencies provide courtesy transportation from Viscount Station. Contact your rental agency of choice for details.
Several area hotels offer free airport shuttle service as a convenience for their guests. Contact your hotel of choice for shuttle service availability and information. Shuttles pick-up from Terminal 1 (Ground Level, column “S5”) and Terminal 3 (Arrivals Level, column “C22”). Many hotels require that you call ahead for pick-up. Here are a few hotels that offer airport shuttle service: BWP Toronto Airport Hotel • Comfort Inn Toronto Airport • Courtyard by Marriott Toronto Airport • Fairfield Inn & Suites Toronto Airport • Four Points by Sheraton Toronto Airport • Hampton Inn & Suites Toronto Airport • Hilton Garden Inn Toronto Airport • Hilton Toronto Airport & Suites • Holiday Inn Toronto International Airport • Hotel Carlingview Toronto Airport • Quality Suites Toronto Airport • Toronto Airport Marriott Hotel • Travelodge Hotel Toronto Airport • Westin Bristol Place Toronto Airport.
There is a free and fully wheelchair accessible 24-hour Link Train connects Terminal 1 and 3. Trains depart every 4-8 minutes depending on the time of day. There are 3 stops: Terminal 1 • Terminal 3/Sheraton Gateway Hotel • Viscount Station, Value Park Garage, Value Park Lot and ALT Hotel.
On off-peak periods, one train will operate and will arrive every eight minutes at the stations. During peak periods, both trains will operate on an eight-minute schedule, one arriving per station every four minutes.
From Terminal 1: board on Level 5 of the Parking Garage.
From Terminal 3: walk across the Sheraton hotel pedestrian bridge and take the escalator up to the train platform.
Long Distance Bus and Shuttle Service
Several companies provide service between Toronto Pearson Airport and locations throughout Ontario and across the border in the United States. Information on these services is available at Information Counters located in Terminal 1 (Ground Level) and Terminal 3 (Arrivals Level).
Taxi and Limousine
Licensed taxis and limousines can be found at Terminal 1 (Doors C & D), Terminal 3 Domestic Arrivals (Door B) and Terminal 3 International Arrivals (Door F). Fares are based on a zone map, dividing the area between GTA (Greater Toronto Area) and Out-of-Town tariffs, and charged according to time and distance. For locations outside of the Out-of-Town tariffs area, fares are charged per kilometer. Cash and credit cards are accepted. For safety reasons, do not accept rides from people who approach you in the terminal or ask you to follow them to the parking garage.
Taxi and limousine service can also be pre-arranged. Contact your service provider of choice to make arrangements prior to arrival. Pre-arranged taxis and limousines pick-up from Terminal 1 (Door A) and Terminal 3 (Door E).
The Union Pearson Express, or UP Express, is an amenity-filled express train that runs between the airport and downtown in just 25 minutes. Trains depart every 15 minutes from 5:30AM - 1:00AM, stopping at two other stations along the ride between Pearson Airport Station and Union Station in downtown Toronto. Tickets can be purchased online, onboard the train, or from a ticket vending machine or customer service desk at any of the stations. For tickets or more information, visit the UP Express website.
Last Updated: 24 June 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airport's and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.