About This Airport:
Washington Dulles International Airport
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Washington Dulles Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
I didn't get a wink of sleep, but I saved a lot of $$$$.
photo credit: Dbenbenn / Wikimedia [ submit a photo ]
In order to save money, I decided to spend a night at Dulles Airport. It turned out to be fairly okay, with only a few minor annoyances. First of all, the baggage claim area (arrival level) has a lot of chairs, but all of them are with armrests (all chairs in the terminal are). There are quite a few number of shops which are open 24 hours, including Starbucks and a newstand. However, sleeping at the arrival hall wasn't as good as sleeping at the check-in level, where most of the lights were turned off and there was a secluded spot behind the United counters where many other sleepers were sleeping. But watch out for the air-con. It gets close to freezing later on. Overall, it was a relatively peaceful night, with the cleaners making enough noise to wake me up at 5, just the time I wanted.
The last review for this airport was in 2012. Have you been there recently? Tell us about it!
Day passes are available for US$ 35-50 to enter these airline lounges:
- American Airlines Admiral's Club - Location: Terminal B, Airside
- United Club - Location: Midfield Terminal, Airside, Concourse C, near Gate C7. Hours: 6am - 10pm
- United Club - Location: Midfield Terminal, Airside, Concourse C, near Gate C17. Hours: 6am - 930pm
- United Club - Location: Midfield Terminal, Airside, Concourse D, near Gate D8. Hours: 630am - 930pm
Other Airline Lounges: British Airways Galleries Lounge (Midfield Terminal, Airside, Concourse B) • Virgin Atlantic (Main Terminal, Airside, Concourse A, across from Gate A32)
USO Lounge - The USO offers a lounge to members of the military and their families. Amenities include: WiFi, TV lounge, toiletries, snacks, computers and a library. Location: Arrivals Level, Across from Baggage Claim 11 & 12. Hours: 6am - 10pm
Free WiFi is available at Dulles Airport.
If sleeping in the Washington Dulles Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport that offer a free airport shuttle....
- Holiday Inn Express (Shuttle Hours: 24 hours)
- Best Western (Shuttle Hours: 4am - 12am)
- Holiday Inn (Shuttle Hours: 4am - 1215am)
- ATMs / Cash Machines - There are are 7 Capital One Bank ATMs located throughout the airport (airside and landside).
- Car Rentals - Alamo • Avis • Budget • Dollar • Enterprise • Hertz • National • Thrifty. Location: Ground Transportation Level.
- Chapel - Location: Airside, Gate A28 Hours: open 24 hours
- Charging Stations - Location: Airside, near the gates
- Currency Exchange - There are 6 Travelex offices and 2 foreign currency ATMs located throughout the airport (landside and airside).
- Food / Dining - There are more than 30 food concessions at the airport. Here are a few dining options:
>>>Landside: Guava & Java (open 24 hours) • Starbucks (open 24 hours) • Dulles Gourmet Market (open 24 hours)
>>>Airside: CIBO Express Gourmet Market • Dulles Gourmet Market To Go • Subway, Starbucks
- Information Desk - Information not available
- Luggage Storage / Lockers - not available
- Massages - Location: Airside, Concourse A, A20
- Security Office - Location is unknown. Do you know? Email me
- Showers - not available
- Smoking - Smoking lounges are located near gates B38, B75, C4 and D30.
open 24 hours
Last Updated: 28 June 2012 | Source: Washington Dulles International Airport
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airport's and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you du ring your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items quoted in the guide, email me.