One of the benefits of having the American Express Platinum Card is that with it, you’re given access to a huge network of private lounges worldwide. Though you do have to cough up a hefty fee to own it, benefits extend well beyond the lounges and out into the travel industry more broadly. With bonus travel points, insurance coverage and deals on companion tickets and accommodation, the annual fee may just be well worth your while.
American Express Platinum Card Benefits
- Complimentary access to over 1,200 lounges worldwide, including:
- Complimentary access for two guests at Airspace Lounges, Centurion Lounges, Escape Lounges and participating Priority Pass lounges. Plaza Premium Lounges include access for one complimentary guest.
- Discounted day rates for guests at Delta Sky Club* ($29/guest) and Priority Pass ($27/guest above allowed complimentary guest allowance) lounges. *Access is only provided to Sky Clubs on Delta coded/operated flights and not partner airlines
- Bonus membership rewards that can be translated to major frequent flier programs
- Lodging benefits, complimentary/discounted companion tickets, upgrades, retail gift cards and more.
Wait! Before you sign-up for a AMEX Platinum Card, be aware that benefits change according to banks and countries. Be sure to follow up on the card’s website for the most current and specific information.
Annual Fee: $550
Disclaimer: Benefits and Annual Fees listed are as of August 2019. Benefits and rates are subject to change, so check the credit card web site for current benefits and rates. We have provided a link to the credit card’s web site; however, just to be clear SleepingInAirports does not receive any compensation for sign-ups. This article is for traveller information only.
Cover Photo: iStock