Whether you have a layover, overnight sleepover or you are just quickly passing through, our Calgary Airport Guide is a great place to start planning your visit. Here, you’ll find information on services and facilities available inside the airport – including details about airport lounges, WiFi, mobile charging points, lockers, 24-hour food options, nearby hotels, and everything in between.
A female security officer even directed me to a gate she said was quiet and safe because it was frequently patrolled by security. – snowshoecat
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us about their time spent at Calgary International Airport.
What to Expect
Calgary International Airport is comprised of two interconnected terminals with five concourses. Terminal 1 handles domestic travel with Concourses A, B and C, while Terminal 2 handles transborder and international travel with Concourses D and E. All are connected with walkways and a 10 passenger shuttle. Terminal 2 operates under a “call-to-gate” system” in which passengers wait in a main seating and shopping area until their flight information is posted and gate opened. Dining, shopping and services are spread out throughout the airport both airside and landside, though the dining fare is rather lacklustre. WiFi is free and charging areas can be found in sporadic areas of the airport. Economy class passengers can buy access to three of the airport’s four airport lounges, two of which offer showers. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
Where to Sleep
Airport staff and security generally tolerate sleeping travellers and there is plenty of chair and bench seating throughout the airport. However, the airport is well lit and hums with noise and announcements, so consider eyeshade and earplugs. Banff and Kananaskis Halls, located landside near Concourses A, B and C have comfortable leather chairs, and there are also some cushioned seats and benches, along with more secluded areas, on the second floor. For uninterrupted sleep, there are two in-terminal hotels and a few others within easy shuttle distance. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
In this guide we may refer to locations as “landside” and “airside”. Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
Pay-per-use, Single Visit Passes & Lounge Memberships
Regardless of what class of service you are flying, there are lounges that you can enter by paying at the door, purchasing a lounge pass or through a lounge membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details about the lounge itself and to also find out how you can gain lounge access with just an economy class ticket!
Passes Aspire Lounge (Transborder) – Location: International Terminal, Airside, Concourse E. Transborder departures only. Showers are available. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door • Prepaid lounge passes • Lounge membership programs. [ more lounge info ]
Passes Aspire Lounge (International) – Location: International Terminal, Airside. Showers are available. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door • Prepaid lounge passes • Lounge membership programs. [ more lounge info ]
If sleeping in Calgary Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels at and near the airport with a free airport shuttle:
At Airport Marriott In-Terminal Hotel Calgary Airport – Connected to the terminal via indoor walkway. Day rooms may be available upon request. » Check Rates
At Airport Delta Hotels Calgary Airport In-Terminal – Connected via skywalk on the Mezzannine level of the terminal. During good weather, you can also access by crossing the street from the Arrivals Level, door 10, next to Air Canada check-in. » Check Rates
Near Airport Homewood Suites by Hilton Calgary Airport – (5 minutes from the airport) Free airport shuttle departs every 20 minutes. Airport pick-up location: at pillar 16/17 for domestic flights and pillar 37 for international flights. » Check Rates
Near Airport Acclaim Hotel Calgary Airport – (5 minutes from the airport) Free 24-hour airport shuttle service is available. For airport pick-up, claim your luggage and use the courtesy phone by Pillar 17 to call the hotel. » Check Rates
Near Airport Best Western Premier Freeport Inn & Suites – (7 minutes from the airport) Free airport shuttle is available every hour on the ½ hour from 4:00AM to Noon and on demand from Noon to 4:00AM. For airport pick-up, use the courtesy phone to call the hotel directly. » Check Rates
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Calgary Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
Airport WiFi / Internet
Free WiFi is available at Calgary Airport. Connect to the “YYC-Free-WiFi” network.
More Services, Facilities & Things To Do On A Layover At The Airport
- Business Services – The UPS Store offers a host of business services, office supplies for purchase, shipping and courier services, mailbox rentals, and more. Location: Canada Departures, landside, Rundle Blvd. Hours: 8:00AM – 6:00PM (Mon-Fri) 9:00AM – 5:00PM (Sat) 9:00AM – 4:00PM (Sun).
- WiFi – see “Airport WiFi/Internet” above.
- Baby Care Facilities – You can feed and change your baby in comfort and privacy at Nursing Rooms in these locations: Arrivals Level, landside, opposite Baggage Carousel 9 • Arrivals Level, landside, behind Jugo Juice • Departures Level, landside, next to Flippers Arcade and Travelex • Concourse A, airside, near Starbucks • Concourse A, airside, opposite Chili’s Texas Grill • Concourse C, airside, Molson Brewhouse. Changing facilities are also available in Family Rooms, located next to every restroom in the International Terminal. Out of baby wipes? Baby items can be purchased at Sandstone Pharmacy in Banff Hall.
- Children’s Play Area – When you want to ensure your kids burn off all their energy before their flight, take them to one of the children’s play area. Fun Zones and mini play structures are available near departure gates throughout the airport. Additionally, soft and colorful YYC Fun Zone play areas are available in these locations:
- Domestic Terminal, landside, Arrivals Level (Door 3) – Suitable for children ages 3 – 5.
- Domestic Terminal, landside, Departures Level (Door 1) – Suitable for children ages 5 – 12.
- International Terminal, landside, Arrivals Level (Door 16)
- International Terminal, airside, International Departures Hall (by Door 3, Gate D72) – Aviation-themed for children ages 3 – 5.
- International Terminal, airside, International Departures (Gate D80) – Calgary Stampede-themed for children ages 5 – 12.
- International Terminal, airside, US Departures Hall (Gate E82) – Aviation-themed for children ages 3 – 5.
- International Terminal, airside, US Departures Hall (Gate E70 – E75) – Alberta Wildlife-themed for children ages 3 – 5.
Food & Drinks
- Food & Drinks – Food concessions throughout the airport operate with varying schedules. This options is open 24 hours: Tim Hortons (Arrivals, Landside, Concourse B, near Door 7).
- Information Desk – General airport information, flight information, and passenger paging are available at the InfoCentre. Location: Departures, airside, International Departures. Hours: Open 24 hours • Departures, airside, Departures USA. Hours: Open 24 hours • Arrivals, landside, International Arrivals Hall. Hours: 8:00AM – 1:00AM • Arrivals, landside, Domestic Arrivals Hall. Hours: 6:00AM – 11:00PM.
- White Hat Welcome – If you have questions about airport amenities and services, or need help finding your way, seek the assistance of a friendly White Hat Volunteer. Their white cowboy hats and red vests make White Hat Volunteers easy to spot as they roam the airport. One of the services offered at Calgary Airport is the White Hat Ceremony. Started in the ‘50’s by Alderman Don Mackay, staffers in white cowboy hats greeted dignitaries in a ceremony that demonstrates Calgary’s warm western hospitality. Today you can order this service for arriving friends and family, or even yourself!
- Luggage Storage & Lockers – Coat and luggage storage is available. Here are some sample rates per 24 hour period: Coat CA$ 2 / Carry-on Bag CA$ 5 / Checked Bag CA$ 10 / Oversized Bag CA$ 15. Valid photo ID, boarding pass, and travel itinerary are required in order to use this service. Payment is by credit or debit only. Location: Arrivals Level, landside, Information Booth. Hours: 6:00AM – 11:00PM.
- Luggage Wrapping – Protect your luggage, car seats, and more with protective film wrap at Safe Bag. Fee unknown. Location: International Departures, landside. Hours: 10:00AM – 8:00PM.
- Medical Services – A full range of comprehensive medical care is available, including preventative medicine, massage therapy, travel clinic, urgent care and more. Walk-ins welcome! Location: Canada Departures, landside, Rundle Blvd. Hours: 9:00AM – 5:00PM (Mon-Fri). Closed Saturdays and Sundays.
- Pharmacy – Sandstone Pharmacy is located on Canada Departures, Landside, Rundle Blvd. Hours: 7:00AM – 9:00PM.
- Mobile Charging – Charging stations and power outlets can be found sporadically throughout the airport.
- ATMs / Cash Machines – Need cash? ATMs are available. Machines are operated by Bank of Montreal, Royal Bank, Toronto Dominion Bank, Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce. Fees may apply, so be sure to check your bank’s fee schedule and your daily withdrawal limit if you are travelling internationally. You may also want to notify your bank of your travel plans. Locations: throughout the airport. An USD currency ATM is available in Concourse B.
- Currency Exchange – Travelex. Location: International Arrivals, Landside. Hours: 9:30AM – 1:00AM • Domestic Arrivals, Landside. Hours: 7:00AM – 10:30PM • International Departures, Airside. Hours: 4:00AM – 9:00PM • US Departures, Airside. Hours: 4:30AM – 7:30PM.
- Pet Relief Area – Designated pet relief spots are available on the Arrivals Level, outside of Doors 1, 9, and 17. Waste disposal bags are available onsite.
- Chapel – The airport’s interfaith chapel offers a peaceful and spiritual place for prayer and meditation. Location: Mezzanine Level, landside, Canada Departures. Hours: Open 24 hours, but the chapel office is open 10:00AM – 4:00PM (Mon-Fri).
Rest & Relaxation
- Hotels – see “Airport Hotels” above.
- Lounges – see “Airport Lounges” above.
- Massage – Self-service Shiatsu Plus massage chairs are available throughout the airport. Fee unknown.
- Rest Zones – There are no dedicated sleeping areas, quiet areas or rest zones. If this information has changed, click here to update this guide.
- Duty Free & Shopping – Duty-free shopping is available to departing passengers in the International Departures Hall (Departures Hall D. Hours: 4:00AM – 9:00PM) and US Departures Hall (Departures Hall E. Hours: 4:30AM – 7:30PM). In addition, a wide variety of retail shops are available, including Relay and Hudson’s convenience, many of which open as early as 3:30AM.
Showers, Salon & Spa
- Barber Shop – Haircuts, hot towel shaves, manscaping and other upscale services are offered at Taylor & Colt. Location: Canada Departures, landside, Rundle Blvd. Hours: 9:00AM – 6:00PM (Mon-Fri) 9:00AM – 4:00PM (Sat & Sun).
- Showers – Showers are available at a few of the lounges [ see Airport Lounges above ] and the OraOxygen Wellness Spa. Rate: $10 for 15 minutes. Location: see Spa below.
- Spa – The OraOxygen Wellness Spa offers oxygen therapy & spa treatments. Locations: Departures, domestic, landside. Hours: 9:30AM – 8:00AM (Mon – Fri), 10:00AM – 6:00PM (Sat & Sun) • Marriott In-Terminal Hotel. Hours: 10:00AM – 8:00PM (Mon – Fri), 10:00AM – 5:00PM (Sat) and closed Sunday.
Things to do & see
- Entertainment – Score some points on the latest video games and pinball machines at Flippers Arcade. Four locations are available: Canada Departures, landside, Rundle Blvd. • Canada Departures, airside, Concourse A. Hours: Open 24 hours (both locations).
- Spaceport – Learn about space and aeronautics through interactive exhibits and informative displays at the Calgary International SpacePort. Check out the hands-on exhibits and displays, see a scale model of the original space shuttle, touch a real moon rock, and more. Admission is always free! Location: Destinations Food Court, 3rd Floor. Hours: 9:00AM – 3:00PM (Mon-Fri), closed weekends.
Other Airport Services
- Parking – If you need to pick-up a friend or family member, you can park 30 minutes for free in the short term parking. Location: on the ground level of each parking structure.
- Shoe Shine – Franklin’s Shoeshine. Location: Canada Departures, Concourse C, Airside. Hours: 9:00AM – 6:00PM.
The airport is open 24 hours.
As of April 2019, Calgary airport is served by the following airlines: Aeromexico • Air Canada • Air North • Air Transat • Alaska Airlines • American Airlines • British Airways • Central Mountain Air • Delta • Edelweiss • Flair Airlines • Hainan Airlines • KLM • Sunwing Airlines • United Airlines • WestJet.
Airport Transportation: Getting To/From The Airport
Airport – Downtown Shuttle
Allied Downtown Shuttle Service provides scheduled, on-demand shuttle service between the airport and designated stops within Calgary city limits. Buses depart from the airport Bay 19 and 29 for the city every 30 minutes. Passengers can pick up the shuttle from one of thirty designated pick-up points with a prior reservation only. Tickets can be purchased online or at the Allied Shuttle counter from 8:00AM – 12:00AM, located on the airport’s Arrivals Level near Gate C.
Alamo, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise, Hertz, National and Thrifty operate onsite at the airport’s Rental Car Centre, located across the street from the main terminal on the Departures Level. Several companies operate off-site (including Discount and Economy Rent a Car) and are reachable via a courtesy shuttle from Bus Bay #22 Arrivals roadway.
Several area hotels provide free airport shuttle service. Some of these hotels can be reached using the phones in the airport Bus Bay. Hotel shuttle airport pick up is available at Bus Bays 16 and 17, located outside of the terminal on the Arrivals Level. Contact your hotel for shuttle service availability and details. Here are some hotels that offer airport shuttle service: Best Western Plus Port O’ Call Hotel • Best Western Premier Freeport Inn & Suites • Comfort Inn & Suites Airport • Comfort Inn & Suites Calgary Airport North • Country Inn & Suites by Carlson Calgary Airport AB • Courtyard Calgary Airport • Days Inn Calgary Airport • Hampton Inn by Hilton Calgary Airport North • Hilton Garden Inn Calgary Airport • Holiday Inn Express & Suites Airport Calgary • Homewood Suites by Hilton Calgary Airport • Lakeview Signature Inn Calgary Airport • Ramada Plaza Calgary Airport Hotel and Conference Centre • Sandman Hotel & Suites Calgary Airport • Staybridge Suites Calgary Airport.
The YYC Passenger Shuttle provides a connection between Concourses A and D/E within 5 minutes and includes 4 stops along the way. 20 shuttles, each seating 10 passengers, run between 6:15AM – 12:30AM.
The following public bus routes operate from Bus Bays 7, 8 or 32 at the airport:
- Route 300 BRT Airport/City Centre – An express, limited stop service to downtown Calgary via Centre Street.
- Route 100 Airport/McKnight – Westwinds Light Rail Transit (LRT) station – Service to the McKnight – Westwinds LRT station (LRT Blue Line)
- Route 430 North Crosstown – Service to Northpointe and Sandstone bus terminals.
Red Arrow Motorcoach
Red Arrow provides a daily luxury motorcoach service between Calgary Airport and Edmond, Red Deer, Lethbridge, Fort McMurray and several smaller communities within Alberta. The Red Arrow airport counter is located in Meeting Place B, across from International Arrivals.
Taxi and Executive Sedan
Taxis are available 24 hours a day at taxi stands located outside on the Arrivals Level. Rates are charged according to the meter, with fares to downtown Calgary in the $40 – $45 range (as of April 2019). Executive sedans (premium taxis cost about 25% more than standard) are available on demand, and are found near the taxi stands.
Last updated: 2019-05-06
This guide is for informational purposes only to assist with your planning. All information, including rates and hours, are subject to change at any time without notice. The information in this airport guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports, lounges, hotels, transportation providers and their web sites. We are not representatives of any of the above mentioned service providers. To report errors or to add/update any items mentioned in the guide: update the airport guide or write a review.