Whether you have a layover, overnight sleepover or are just quickly passing through, our Calgary Airport Guide is a great place to start planning your visit. Here, you’ll find information on services and facilities available inside the airport – including details about airport lounges, WiFi, mobile charging points, lockers, 24-hour food options, nearby hotels, and everything in between.
A female security officer even directed me to a gate she said was quiet and safe because it was frequently patrolled by security. – snowshoecat
YYC Airport Overview
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, here is a quick run-down about what to expect during your time at Calgary International Airport.
What to Expect
Calgary Airport (Code: YYC) comprises two interconnected terminals with five concourses. Terminal 1 handles domestic travel with Concourses A, B and C, while Terminal 2 handles transborder and international travel with Concourses D and E. All are connected with walkways and a ten-passenger shuttle. Terminal 2 operates under a “call-to-gate” system” in which passengers wait in a main seating and shopping area until their flight information is posted and the gate opened. Dining, shopping and services are spread out throughout the airport, both airside and landside. WiFi is free, and charging areas can be found in sporadic areas of the airport. Economy class passengers can buy access to three of the airport’s four lounges, all of which offer showers. See Airport Lounges in the guide below for locations and rates.
Sleeping in Calgary Airport
YYC Airport staff and security generally tolerate sleeping travellers, and there are plenty of chairs and bench seating throughout the airport. However, the airport is well-lit, so consider an eye mask. There is a designated quiet area beside Gate A24 in Terminal 1, equipped with cozy loungers, seating, and courtesy yoga equipment.
Some reviewers have shared that on the landside of Terminal 2, there is a quiet space with comfortable seating for sleeping under the escalator near Arrival door 16. The third floor of Arrivals has also been mentioned as a quiet place with comfy seating.
To help us keep this guide up-to-date, you can add or update information or write a review to submit airport tips and photos. You can also visit the airport’s website for current information. For more airport information, continue scrolling down to explore more in our Calgary Airport Guide.
In this guide we may refer to locations as “landside” and “airside”. Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security. For more information on Europe’s Schengen Area, click here.
Pay-per-use, Single Visit Passes & Lounge Memberships
Regardless of what class of service you are flying, there are lounges that you can enter by paying at the door, purchasing a lounge pass or through a lounge membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details about the lounge itself and to also find out how you can gain lounge access with just an economy class ticket!
- Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounge – Location: Airside, Concourse C. Lounge Access: Lounge membership programs.
- WestJet Elevation Lounge – Location: Airside, Concourse B. Not accessible to passengers flying to the US. Lounge Access: Lounge membership programs.
- Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounge – Location: Airside, Concourse C. Lounge Access: Lounge membership programs.
- Aspire Lounge (International) – Location: Airside. Showers are available. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door • Prepaid lounge pass • Lounge membership programs.
US Transborder departures
- Aspire Lounge (Transborder) – Airside, Concourse E. Transborder departures only. Showers are available. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door • Prepaid lounge pass • Lounge membership programs.
Related Pages: Calgary Airport Lounges
If sleeping in the airport sounds like a nightmare, there are two hotels at Calgary Airport and several other nearby hotels that offer free shuttle service:
Hotels at Calgary Airport
- Calgary Airport Marriott In-Terminal Hotel – Connected to the terminal via indoor walkway. Day rooms may be available upon request. » Check Rates
- Delta Hotels Calgary Airport In-Terminal – Connected via skywalk on the Mezzanine level of the terminal. During good weather, you can also access by crossing the street from the Arrivals Level, door 10, next to Air Canada check-in. » Check Rates
Hotels near the airport with free airport shuttles
For more options, visit Tripadvisor to see a list of hotels near Calgary Airport that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
Airport WiFi / Internet
Free WiFi is available at Calgary Airport. Connect to the “YYC-Free-WiFi” network.
More Services, Facilities & Things To Do On A Layover At The Airport
- Business Services – The UPS Store offers business services, office supplies for purchase, shipping and courier services, mailbox rentals, and more. Location: Canada Departures, landside, Rundle Blvd. Hours: 8:00 AM – 6:00 PM (Mon-Fri) • 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM (Sat) • 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM (Sun).
- SIM Cards – A reader has asked us to include where to buy SIM Cards. If you know, click here to update this airport guide.
- WiFi – see “Airport WiFi/Internet” above.
- Baby Care Facilities – You can feed and change your baby in comfort and privacy at Nursing Rooms in the locations listed below. Out of baby wipes? Baby items can be purchased at Sandstone Pharmacy in Concourse C. Locations:
- Landside: Domestic Departures Level, next to Who’s Who in the Zoo and Security B.
- Airside: Course A, across from Flames Grill • Concourse A, across from Chili’s Texas Grill • Concourse C, near Starbucks.
- International Terminal: Family rooms are located next to each restroom.
- Children’s Play Area – When you want to ensure your kids burn off all their energy before their flight, take them to one of the children’s play areas. Fun Zones and mini-play structures are available near departure gates throughout the airport. Additionally, soft and colourful YYC Fun Zone play areas are available in these locations:
- Landside: Domestic Terminal, Arrivals Level (Door 3) – Suitable for children ages 3 – 5 • Domestic Terminal, Departures Level (Door 1) – Suitable for children ages 5 – 12 • International Terminal, Arrivals Level (Door 16)
- Airside: International Terminal, Departures Hall (by Door 3, Gate D72) – Aviation-themed for children ages 3 – 5 • International Terminal, Departures (Gate D80) – Calgary Stampede-themed for children ages 5 – 12 • International Terminal, US Departures Hall (Gate E82) – Aviation-themed for children ages 3 – 5 • International Terminal, US Departures Hall (Gate E70 – E75) – Alberta Wildlife-themed for children ages 3 – 5
Food & Drinks
- Food & Drinks – Food concessions throughout the airport operate with varying schedules. There are currently no 24-hour food options.
- Drinking Water – Thirsty? Water bottle refill stations are available free of charge throughout the airport.
- Information Desk – General airport information, flight information, and passenger paging are available at the InfoCentre. Locations:
- International Arrivals • Airside, Departures Hall D • Airside, Departures Hall E. Hours: Open 24 hours.
- Domestic Arrivals (Hours: 7:00 AM – 12:00 AM)
- White Hat Welcome – If you have questions about airport amenities and services or need help finding your way, seek the assistance of a friendly White Hat Volunteer. Their white cowboy hats and red vests make White Hat Volunteers easy to spot as they roam the airport. One of the services offered at Calgary Airport is the White Hat Ceremony. Started in the ’50s by Alderman Don Mackay, staffers in white cowboy hats greeted dignitaries in a ceremony demonstrating Calgary’s warm western hospitality. Today, you can order this service for arriving friends and family or even yourself!
- Luggage Storage & Lockers – Coat and luggage storage is available. Here are some sample rates per 24-hour period: Coat CA$ 2 / Carry-on Bag CA$ 5 / Checked Bag CA$ 10 / Oversized Bag CA$ 15. A valid photo ID, boarding pass, and travel itinerary are required to use this service. Payment is by credit or debit only. Location: Arrivals Level, landside, Information Booth. Hours: 7:00AM – 12:00AM.
- Luggage Wrapping – Protect your luggage, car seats, and more with protective film wrap at Safe Bag. Fee unknown. Location: International Departures, landside, Concourse D opposite WestJet counter 16. Hours: 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM.
- Medical Services – A full range of comprehensive medical care is available, including preventative medicine, massage therapy, travel clinic, urgent care and more. Walk-ins welcome! Location: Canada Departures, landside, Rundle Blvd. Hours: 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM (Mon-Fri). Closed Saturdays and Sundays.
- Pharmacy – Sandstone Pharmacy is located on Canada Departures, Landside, Concourse C, Rundle Blvd. Hours: 7:00 AM – 9:00 PM.
- Mobile Charging – Charging stations and power outlets can be found sporadically throughout the airport.
- ATMs / Cash Machines – Need cash? ATMs are available. The Bank of Montreal, Royal Bank, Toronto Dominion Bank, and Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce operate machines. Fees may apply, so check your bank’s fee schedule and daily withdrawal limit if you travel internationally. You may also want to notify your bank of your travel plans. Locations: throughout the airport. A USD currency ATM is available in Concourse B.
- Currency Exchange – ICE Foreign Exchange has two locations: Airside, Concourse D • Landside, International Arrivals.
- Pet Relief Area – Landside, Arrivals Level, outside of Doors 1 and 17 • Airside, Concourse B, Gate B34 • Airside, Concourse D, across from Chili’s • Airside, Concourse E, adjacent to Aspire Lounge entrance.
- Pre-Board PALS – see “Rest & Relaxation” below.
- Chapel – The airport’s interfaith chapel offers a peaceful and spiritual place for prayer and meditation. Location: Mezzanine Level, landside, Canada Departures. Hours: Open 24 hours, but the chapel office is open 10:00 AM – 4:00 PM (Mon-Fri).
Rest & Relaxation
- Hotels – see “Airport Hotels” above.
- Lounges – see “Airport Lounges” above.
- Massage – Self-service Shiatsu Plus massage chairs are available throughout the terminal. Fee unknown • OraOxygen Wellness Spa offers a variety of wellness services. Location: Landside, Domestic departures. Hours: 11:00 AM – 5:00 PM.
- Pre-Board PALS – If you feel stressed before your flight, look out for the airport’s pack of therapy dogs and one cat, wearing red vests and blue bandanas that say “Pet Me.” The animals are walked throughout the terminal!
- Rest Zones – If you want to rest and unwind before your flight, stop by the “YYC Quiet Space.” It is equipped with recliner chairs to lie back and relax and yoga equipment for passengers who wish to stretch and meditate before take-off. Location: Domestic Terminal, airside, near Gates A24.
Take precautions even when sleeping in the rest zones. In December 2019, a traveller at another airport reported that money and credit cards had been stolen from their bag even though the bag was right beside them. Protect and lock your bags as you would sleeping elsewhere in public.
- Duty-Free & Shopping – Duty-free shopping is available to departing passengers in the International Departures Hall (Departures Hall D. Hours: 4:00 AM – 9:00 PM) and US Departures Hall (Departures Hall E. Hours: 4:30 AM – 7:30 PM). In addition, a wide variety of retail shops are available, including Relay and Hudson’s, many of which open as early as 3:30 AM.
Showers, Salon & Spa
- Showers – Showers are available at a few lounges [ see Airport Lounges above ] and the OraOxygen Wellness Spa.
- Spa – The OraOxygen Wellness Spa offers oxygen therapy & spa treatments. Locations: Domestic Departures, landside • Marriott In-Terminal Hotel.
Other Airport Services
- Smoking – Smoking is prohibited inside the terminal; however, there are designated areas on the Arrivals and Departures Levels outside Doors 1, 7 and 17.
Calgary Airport is open 24 hours.
Do you want to make the most of your stopover or long layover by getting out of the airport to do some sightseeing? Check out our Calgary Airport Layover Sightseeing guide or explore Things to do in Calgary on Tripadvisor.
Calgary Airport is served by the following airlines: Air Canada • Air North • Air Transat • Alaska Airlines • American Airlines • British Airways • Central Mountain Air • Delta Air Lines • Edelweiss • Eurowings Discover • Flair Airlines • Lynx Air • KLM • Sunwing Airlines • United Airlines • WestJet.
Airport Transportation: Getting To/From The Airport
The following car rental agencies operate onsite at the airport’s Rental Car Centre: Alamo • Avis • Budget • Dollar • Enterprise • Hertz • National • Thrifty. The airport’s Rental Car Centre is located across the street from the Domestic Terminal on the Departures Level. Several companies operate off-site (including Discount) and are reachable via a courtesy shuttle from Bus Bay #22 Arrivals roadway. Visit our travel partner at Tripadvisor to search for car rentals deals.
Several hotels near Calgary Airport provide free shuttle service. Some of these hotels can be reached using the phones in the airport Bus Bay. Hotel shuttle airport pick up is available at Bus Bays 16, 17 and 37, located outside of the terminal on the Arrivals Level. Contact your hotel for shuttle service availability and details. Here are some hotels that offer airport shuttle service:
Applause Hotel • Best Western Plus Port O’ Call Hotel • Best Western Premier Freeport Inn & Suites • Comfort Inn & Suites Calgary Airport South • Courtyard by Marriott Calgary Airport • Days Inn Calgary Airport • Four Points by Sheraton • Hampton Inn by Hilton Calgary Airport North • Hilton Garden Inn Calgary Airport • Holiday Inn Airport • Holiday Inn Calgary Airport North • Holiday Inn Express & Suites Airport Calgary • Hotel Clique • Hyatt Place Calgary Airport • Lakeview Signature Inn Calgary Airport • Marriott Residence Inn • Radisson Hotel Calgary Airport • Sandman Calgary Airport • Staybridge Suites Calgary Airport • Super 8 Calgary Airport • The Westin Calgary Airport • Travelodge Hotel Calgary • Wingate by Wyndham • Wyndham Garden Calgary Airport.
See also Airport Hotels above.
The YYC Link Shuttle provides a connection between Concourses A, B, C and D within 5 minutes and includes 4 stops along the way. 20 shuttles, each seating 10 passengers, run between 6:15AM – 1:00AM.
The following public bus routes operate from Domestic Terminal, Arrivals Level, exit Door 7, pillar 7 • International Terminal, Arrivals Level, exit door 15, pillar 32:
- Route 300 BRT Airport/City Centre – An express, limited stop service to downtown Calgary via Centre Street.
- Route 100 Airport/McKnight – Westwinds Light Rail Transit (LRT) station – Service to the McKnight – Westwinds LRT station (LRT Blue Line)
Tickets can be purchased at vending machines by debit, credit card and cash or the 7-Eleven store on the Arrivals Level, door 10.
Red Arrow Motorcoach
Red Arrow provides a daily luxury motorcoach service between Calgary Airport and Edmond, Red Deer, Lethbridge, Fort McMurray and several smaller communities within Alberta. The Red Arrow airport counter is located in Meeting Place B, across from Domestic Arrivals.
Authorized ride-share operators at YYC are Uber and Lyft. To request a ride-share service, use the providers’ mobile app or website.
- Drop-off location: Arrivals Level curbside.
- Pick-up location: Arrivals Level by doors 3, 12 or 15.
Taxi and Executive Sedan
Taxis are available 24 hours a day at taxi stands located outside on the Arrivals Level. Rates are charged according to the meter, with fares to downtown Calgary in the $40 – $45 range (as of August 2023). Executive sedans, found near the taxi stands, are available on demand and operate on a zone based flat rate fare. The fare to downtown Calgary is $68.75.
Last updated: 2023-10-17
This guide is for informational purposes only to assist with your planning. All information, including rates and hours, is subject to change at any time without notice. The information in this airport guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports, lounges, hotels, transportation providers, and their websites. We are not representatives of any of the above-mentioned service providers. To report errors or to add/update any items mentioned in the guide: update the airport guide or write a review.