Updated 21 December 2021
If you travel frequently throughout and between Australia and New Zealand with Virgin Australia, the company’s lounge membership program may aid in making this a more comfortable experience. As a member, you receive access to all Virgin Australia lounges and partner lounges in New Zealand if flying Trans Tasman. Better yet, you get to share this experience with one guest who can enter free of charge, and up to two children.
Lounge features include a buffet menu, a variety of snacks and beverages, and complimentary premium wine and beer. Shower facilities are included in all lounges, as are business services including Wi-Fi and quiet areas. The benefits do not, however, extend to pre-flight features. Priority check-in and extra baggage allotments are reserved exclusively for Business Class ticket holders and elite Velocity members.
Virgin Australia Lounge Access
The annual membership costs AUD 399 (based on Velocity Red & Silver membership), with a one-time AUD 330 joining fee.
To purchase a membership, you must first join the Velocity program. As a member, you can then purchase your lounge membership online.
Note that prices are subject to change. Discounts are available for Velocity Silver Members. Lifetime lounge memberships are also available for purchase.
If you are ready to commit to a membership, single entry passes are available for Virgin Australia passengers to enjoy a lounge stay up to two hours prior to departure. The rate is AUD 65.00 per person.
- Access to all Virgin Australia lounges
- Access to Air New Zealand lounges in Australia and New Zealand when flying Trans Tasman
- A buffet menu, coffee and snacks
- Premium wine and beer selection after 11am
- Full business services, including Wi-Fi, private meeting rooms (for a discounted rate) and quiet areas
- Shower facilities with complimentary towels and amenities
- News and entertainment
- Complimentary access for one guest and two children
For more information about the Virgin Australia program, visit their web site.